Women and the Quad | Page 34 | Golden Skate

Women and the Quad

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I just...don't see her doing it...if her triples and their height are anything to go by, how is she going to rotate a quad?
I had the same reaction when I saw Alysa Liu and Anna Shcherbakova skate for the first time the past 1-2 years and somehow after some time they managed to get the height for a Quad. We will see how Satoko's training works out. Maybe they find the cure to fix her jumps. I think Hamada is very dedicated towards Satoko's training and to find every possible method to have Satoko stay in the Japan ladies Top 3. The chances are at this point unlikely that she will get the height for it, but I never say never :D

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I had the same reaction when I saw Alysa Liu and Anna Shcherbakova skate for the first time the past 1-2 years and somehow after some time they managed to get the height for a Quad. We will see how Satoko's training works out. Maybe they find the cure to fix her jumps. I think Hamada is very dedicated towards Satoko's training and to find every possible method to have Satoko stay in the Japan ladies Top 3. The chances are at this point unlikely that she will get the height for it, but I never say never :D

Wow.. Satoko, I don't really get where she's gong with this.
For Satoko to improve her jump height she needs to pull off a "Mao Asada 2010", when Mao started to re-learn all of her jumps from the ground up, from single jumps, later building to doubles and triples.
Although, it helped her in a way, her flutz and some UR problems weren't quite solved, despite the drastic measures Mao went for.
If Satoko really wants to make it to next Olympics and be competitive, she has to go for big changes.
Although I respect her immensely for her exquisite artistic qualities, and beautiful lines she creates, jumps are meat and potatoes of skating...
She's barely rotating triples now, she underrotates doubles in 3-2-2 combos, she needs a new approach to her training instead of trying to get underrotated 3A, which will just put her even further down the rankings...

There's not going to be a slovenian judge from worlds 2019, who would give her +5 and +4 on her jumps, everytime she competes. More likely than not, she won't be getting more than +2 +3 for any of her jumps if she's not going to improve her height and distance.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
I think Satoko's issues with her height are because she is originally a lefty, but she was forced to become a righty once her family moved to Japan. I wonder how her jumps would have looked like if she could have stayed a clock-wise jumper.

figurefan0726

Final Flight
Right now, I kind of think Satoko is trying to rebuild her confidence. 3rd at Nationals (should’ve been 4th), 6th at Worlds, dead last 6th at GPF, her time to shine has passed in my opinion. Her jumps are getting smaller, and her height isn’t helping either. I really think her injury right before the Olympic season slowed her down a bit.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Kadyrova is born 12/04, so has one more year in Juniors (was she injured this season, I'm surprised she didn't get a JGP). Team Mishin. She has an amazing hair-cutter half-Bielmann spin. Just another one of Russia's incredible depth!

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
What you did hear that she jumped that one twice in the last two days on fantasy on ice. If informations are to be believed, the first try she had a step out and the second she landed on both feet and then fell. But if those info are true than she at least fully rotates, that means she only has to get the landing right. And yes that means we might see a quad from her earlier than thought. And yes I know you don't like zhenya I mean even a blind and deaf person would know that.

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist
What you did hear that she jumped that one twice in the last two days on fantasy on ice. If informations are to be believed, the first try she had a step out and the second she landed on both feet and then fell. But if those info are true than she at least fully rotates, that means she only has to get the landing right. And yes that means we might see a quad from her earlier than thought. And yes I know you don't like zhenya I mean even a blind and deaf person would know that.

SO TRUE! :laugh:

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Video please. :rolleye:
You do know videos are forbiddenon fantasy on ice right? Believe me we zhenya fans also want a video of her, why don't you take you zhenya dislike somewhere else . You know you do not have o like her but stop trying to make her out less than she is. You would likely tear us down if we so much say a thing against your favorite for example. Let's turn it around shall we, do you think that alina or liza or alena or anna will have a chance against a clean Sasha?. I do not think so . We all know that a clean Sasha probably won't be beaten. So tis not only zhenya who would loose it would also be everyone else.

NoviceFan

Medalist
Why do you constantly switch to who loves whom and who dislike whom? Try to discuss calmly, everyone have a right to their opinion.

Agree - everyone has a right to his or her own opinion. But not everyone's opinion should be taken seriously... esp. if it is obviously motivated by a great dislike for a certain skater.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Why do you constantly switch to who loves whom? Try to discuss calmly, everyone have a right to their opinion.
I said its ok to not like her but stop trying to put her down anytime you have the chance. Do i think she can beat a clean sasha? No, but her getting a quad is not out of reach, she already tried 2 times in a showmwith showlight so yes we know she is training it and yes i believe we will see it sooner than later . It also depends on sasha, as we have seen and jgp she can bomb and if that happens than yes zhenya and rika have a chance. But even a second place could enough for zhenya at that competition. And I am still calm you haven't seen or read me when I am not calm.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I don't like this talk about the mythical quad. When I see the video, I will believe. And don't talk like that, Med's fans are too nervous.

Sorry, talk like what? It's simple common sense. Toyama FAoI was the last stop, the official video is always slow to come out because the TV stations like to capitalise on the Yuzu-driven ratings and unofficial taping is banned. There were plenty of tweets from neutral (well, neutral to Evgenia) audience members confirming what she did, are you saying the whole audience suffered an optical blackout? Next you'll claim Alina didn't do what the same tweets said she did!

(Oh, and I'm not fan of Med or even the ladies in general though I am of the costumes :biggrin: But if a rink full of Japanese skating fans say they saw it... yep, they saw it)

voolfee

On the Ice
There were plenty of tweets from neutral (well, neutral to Evgenia) audience members confirming what she did

I don't bother you to believe in ghosts from tweets. But don't force others to believe in them. Personally, I believe my eyes.

NoviceFan

Medalist
I don't like this talk about the mythical quad. When I see the video, I will believe. And don't talk like that, Med's fans are too nervous.

Who is nervous? Of what? I am a Zhenya fan and certainly am not nervous ;)

I suspect though, that someone here is nervous about Zhenya having a quad... The "mythical" quad is starting to haunt some people :eeking:

Sorry, talk like what? It's simple common sense. Toyama FAoI was the last stop, the official video is always slow to come out because the TV stations like to capitalise on the Yuzu-driven ratings and unofficial taping is banned. There were plenty of tweets from neutral (well, neutral to Evgenia) audience members confirming what she did, are you saying the whole audience suffered an optical blackout? Next you'll claim Alina didn't do what the same tweets said she did!

(Oh, and I'm not fan of Med or even the ladies in general though I am of the costumes :biggrin: But if a rink full of Japanese skating fans say they saw it... yep, they saw it)

:thumbsup: