Lets get +3Lo combinations hype going | Golden Skate

Lets get +3Lo combinations hype going

Country
Israel
I keep rewatching again and again Zagitova's breathtakingly beautiful (setting aside the flutzing) 3lz+3lo compilation videos from 2018 and prior to that. I figured that it would make +3lo combinations much more popular, although I think I only saw two skaters perform it in the recent world championship: Scherbakova and Junhwan Cha (please correct me if I'm wrong). I know how difficult those combinations are, but in an era where skaters are doing everything they can to up their jumping arsenal, it's a bit surprising to me. Furthermore it's an utterly gorgeous combination.
So what do you think? Any wise words on why it is such a rarely attempted combination? Would you like to see more +3lo combinations as much as I do?

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Kevin van der Perren also did some good ones (and a successful 3F-3T-3Lo jump combination at worlds, I think it was in 2008).

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I feel like some skaters could definitely increase their BV if they chose to do a 3L instead of a 3T. I know this is what Shcherbakova does to be able to repeat the 3F and 3Z.

Arbitrary

Medalist
Scherbakova and Trusova did 4x-3T-3Lo in practice two years ago.
But this combo is useless till one may master +3F combo to fight the jump repeats.

Arbitrary

Medalist
There're three combos in any FP. Spending two rear jumps - loop and toe loop in one - limits the ability to repeat only one of those.
The skater needs to add another rear jump, like Flip (see Dmitriev's combo) or do a rear quad or do a double. A rear quad is a big challenge, for girls anyway, and a double is a waste. So most do 4-1-3 or 3-3-2 or 3-2-2 long combos. Doing 4-3-3 is not on the table.

gliese

Final Flight
Country
United-States
3X-3Lo is fun (and hard) to do, but can hurt really bad if you practice them too much if you have any existing hip injuries (and most skaters do).

How would +3F work though? Unless you mean from a switch foot loop (or euler as the ISU dumbly named it).