Lets get +3Lo combinations hype going | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Lets get +3Lo combinations hype going

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
3X-3Lo is fun (and hard) to do, but can hurt really bad if you practice them too much if you have any existing hip injuries (and most skaters do).

How would +3F work though? Unless you mean from a switch foot loop (or euler as the ISU dumbly named it).

See around the 4:15 mark.

This combo is still insane - I don’t think anyone has replicated it. Between that and the only quad axel attempt in competition I think Artur needs wayyy more recognition.

gliese

Final Flight
Country
United-States

See around the 4:15 mark.

This combo is still insane - I don’t think anyone has replicated it. Between that and the only quad axel attempt in competition I think Artur needs wayyy more recognition.
That is crazy. I gotta watch more of his stuff now. I bet he'd be very good at show tricks... he's fearless.

I don't remember seeing anyone do that or even practice it except with singles and the rare double attempt (I see double switch foot loop more commonly than any other double). Doing switch foot flips/lutzes or same foot salchow/toe loop would be really cool to see in competition.

Edit: the attempts I see are all in practice by the way.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Joseph's 4t-3l-3l https://www.instagram.com/p/CJMDSkOJFB2/

Layout wise, It's not that advantageous for him.. but at 4t-3l may be good.

4t-3l
4s
4t
3a
3lz-eu-3s
3lz-3t
3f

this would allow him to repeat 4t and 3lz (or 3a if he decided to do that but so far he hasn't) without needing any double jumps. The combo shared wouldn't work as well since he would then repeat 4t and 3l....

Last edited:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Furthermore it's an utterly gorgeous combination.
So what do you think? Any wise words on why it is such a rarely attempted combination? Would you like to see more +3lo combinations as much as I do?

It is indeed a gorgeous and thrilling combination, because of the speed and smoothness going into the loop. I really like Alexei Krasnoszhon's.

As far as why it's comparatively rare, I'll cite Bradie Tennell as an example. She worked on and performed a 3Z-3L all during the 2018-19 season, but she dropped it the next year and hasn't included it since, that I know of. I don't know if she's said why, but my guess is that as a skater, she prefers/is better at toe jumps than edge jumps.

Another thing I've heard commentators say is that it's exceedingly difficult to get enough speed and height on the loop.

Ashley Wagner did a 3lutz with, I believe, a 3loop when she was younger, before she went to California to train with John Nicks and later with Rafael Arutyunian. Or it was possibly a 3Z-2L, but I think it was sometimes 3-3. The loop was her "money jump," and she did a beautiful one, but I loved her solo loop so much, and then her 3Loop-euler-3Salchow, that I wouldn't have wanted her to sacrifice either of those.

Someone mentioned Tara's 3L-3L. I heard her say in commentary once that "edge jumps aren't fun." That surprised me, because I always felt she loved her 3L-3L. But maybe she was just extra thrilled when she did it and it was over with and successful. She did consider it her calling card.

Arbitrary

Medalist
Joseph's 4t-3l-3l https://www.instagram.com/p/CJMDSkOJFB2/

Layout wise, It's not that advantageous for him.. but at 4t-3l may be good.

4t-3l
4s
4t
3a
3lz-eu-3s
3lz-3t
3f

this would allow him to repeat 4t and 3lz (or 3a if he decided to do that but so far he hasn't) without needing any double jumps. The combo shared wouldn't work as well since he would then repeat 4t and 3l....

There is no 3Lo after a quad landed yet, except in practice. Trusova & Scherbakova tried various 4x-3Lo (T, Lz, F), but only few attempts were successful.
As was stated a few years ago, the +3T may be added to any properly landed jump, but the +3Lo requires a very solid landing, not too close to ice and with a body in the vertical position. You cannot bend forward.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
There is no 3Lo after a quad landed yet, except in practice. Trusova & Scherbakova tried various 4x-3Lo (T, Lz, F), but only few attempts were successful.
As was stated a few years ago, the +3T may be added to any properly landed jump, but the +3Lo requires a very solid landing, not too close to ice and with a body in the vertical position. You cannot bend forward.
i am pretty sure Jo is just fooling around... the 4t when he adds a 3loop after looks two-footed... so i am not sure this would be a good idea for him... but maybe we should tell him that he could be the first ;)