Looking for a skating tights | Golden Skate

Looking for a skating tights

lunaV

Spectator
Hey, I have a question about competition clothes.

I'm getting ready for my first competition, therefore I'm looking for the perfect tights. Some of the other students at the rink suggested over-boot sin-toned tights. The main difference between figure skating tights and ordinary tights appears to be more stretch. Is there anything I should check for while purchasing new skating tights?

Last edited:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hey, I have a question about competition clothes.

I'm getting ready for my first competition, therefore I'm looking for the perfect tights. Some of the other students at the rink suggested over-boot sin-toned tights. The main difference between figure skating tights and ordinary tights appears to be more stretch. Is there anything I should check for while purchasing new skating tights?
Mondor is your friend. But if you are going over the boot tights, go all the way over, or just get the ones that go down into your boot and stay there (full foot), b/c practice tights partly over your boots looks bad for competition.
Also, @mods, can this please be moved into Lutz Corner where we skaters can help her? Thanks.

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
The main difference is actually that there's no difference in knit between the leg part and the knicker part, ie no visible line at the top of the thigh, but they're also thicker and stretchier.

My longstanding trick with tights is to wear two pairs, which covers any bruises or imperfections, plus keeps you a bit warmer if you're used to skating in nice thermal leggings. (Two pairs is especially important if you're wearing fishnets, as without a skin coloured "base" pair, they tend to not look good. Old showgirl trick.)

Mondor tights are good but if they don't have your skin tone, Aurora probably do.

Good luck with the competition!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
The main difference is actually that there's no difference in knit between the leg part and the knicker part, ie no visible line at the top of the thigh, but they're also thicker and stretchier.

My longstanding trick with tights is to wear two pairs, which covers any bruises or imperfections, plus keeps you a bit warmer if you're used to skating in nice thermal leggings. (Two pairs is especially important if you're wearing fishnets, as without a skin coloured "base" pair, they tend to not look good. Old showgirl trick.)

Mondor tights are good but if they don't have your skin tone, Aurora probably do.

Good luck with the competition!
Ahh the fishnet trick, oh so tried and true!;):laugh:

gliese

Final Flight
Country
United-States
That's interesting because I prefer my fishnets without anything underneath so that it looks more natural instead of having a fake looking leg. I do buy ones that almost perfectly match my skin tone, though.

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
That's interesting because I prefer my fishnets without anything underneath so that it looks more natural instead of having a fake looking leg. I do buy ones that almost perfectly match my skin tone, though.
That's fine, but black fishnets really need a normal pair underneath. Trust me on this.