Medvedeva has a pinched nerve in the spine | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Medvedeva has a pinched nerve in the spine

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
I don't know how Zhenya feels or what her motivations are but in my personal opinion I don't think she needs to learn any ultra-si elements. Eteri's team is surprisingly good at maximising scores based on what they have to work with (Example: Kamila JGP Final). Zhenya is a performer. She just needs to keep her triples and we will be treated to some wonderful performances. She might not get as many medals but she'll still have a career.

Of course this all hinges on that back, whether she can still jump/spin and what her doctors have said to her 😞

Does anyone know how bad jumps are for the back?

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't know how Zhenya feels or what her motivations are but in my personal opinion I don't think she needs to learn any ultra-si elements. Eteri's team is surprisingly good at maximising scores based on what they have to work with (Example: Kamila JGP Final). Zhenya is a performer. She just needs to keep her triples and we will be treated to some wonderful performances. She might not get as many medals but she'll still have a career.
I agree with this post. I had my husband watch Alegria test skate and even with the mistakes, he thought it was her best program.

Amei

Record Breaker

Of course this all hinges on that back, whether she can still jump/spin and what her doctors have said to her 😞

Does anyone know how bad jumps are for the back?

It all depends on what she wants out of the rest of her competition career, if she doesn't have a quad or triple axel making it to a competition like Europeans, Worlds or the Olympics seems out of reach. It also depends on what she's willing to pay to continue, without a triple axel or a quad she might be off the main team next year which means less funding

labgoat

Female thinker deep in various thoughts
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have had this injury. The move affected the most with be the layback spin and any movements where you dip your head backwards as in a Biellmann spin.