Meryl Davis and Fedor Andreev just got married! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Meryl Davis and Fedor Andreev just got married!

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
awwwwwwwwwwww this looks soooooo romantic & yep like real fantasy/ All those trees!
My warmest congratulations!!!!!!!!!! :luv17::eek::
(also Tanith & Madison look :bow::luv17:)

slider11

Medalist
Maybe this thread should be named Fedor Andreev gets married! Just saying. I know Meryl is far more famous - but we have had some threads with some pretty unknown skaters. Fedor did fairly well as a Canadian male skater in Canada He got a fair amount of fame for being Zueva's son and a model among other things. LoL. I am happy for them! I wonder if there were other skating royalty present? I assume Mama Zueva? What about his former ice dance partner Jana??? Not sure about her name. Tanith Belbin? Any Canadian skater friends?

So true. Both Meryl and Fedor seem to have made a name for themselves in skating and, most importantly beyond, due to their individuality and personal perseverance. I greatly respect how they each follow their own dreams and aspirations without hanging on to another person for identity.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
"Former Dancing with the Stars champion and Olympic figure skater Meryl Davis ...."

Oy vey. People.com ranks DWTS champion higher than Olympic champion. :think: :laugh:

Olympian & DWTS champion, huh...

They don´t even call her Olympic champion, only Olympian = anyone who has competed at the Olympics. The medalists are on a totally different level, the champion highest of all!

Anyway, congratulations to the couple!!!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
"Former Dancing with the Stars champion and Olympic figure skater Meryl Davis ...."

Oy vey. People.com ranks DWTS champion higher than Olympic champion.

Oh I think People got it exactly right

Folks on a skating Board will naturally salute Meryl for her amazing skating career, but we’re biased in the big wide world out there, more folks will know her due to DWTS.

And People wants clicks and readers

Olympian & DWTS champion, huh...

They don´t even call her Olympic champion, only Olympian = anyone who has competed at the Olympics. The medalists are on a totally different level, the champion highest of all!

Anyway, congratulations to the couple!!!

Personally, I would have put it as "Double World Champion and 6-time American Champion Meryl Davis". :)

Sounds more impressive using competitions where she has multiple titles :agree:

Of course, I could have said "5-time Grand Prix Final Champion" or "Triple 4 Continents Champion", but these competition names don't mean anything to people who don't follow figure skating intensely. But "World Champion" and "American Champion" provoke an instant reaction.

That all said, I didn't know she did the TV show. So, wording it like that meant I learnt something at least.

Anyway, getting back to the important stuff, congratulations to Meryl and Fedor!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

I hope that they have a very happy future together.

Oh, and I hope that some more photos from the wedding trickle through! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
From Madison Chock's Instagram it looks she and Evan Bates were there too, Madison looking as beautiful as ever!!!

Hey, I thought the bride is supposed to be the most beautiful looking at a wedding. Lol, just kidding

Hey, I thought the bride is supposed to be the most beautiful looking at a wedding. Lol, just kidding

She is! She is!

Madison and Tanith, lovely ladies to be sure. But the radiant bride outshines them all! :love:.

Last edited:

mintx

On the Ice
I’m just curious, but what does Fedor do as a job? I’ve only seen him listed as an Entrepreneur but that’s so vague.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I’m just curious, but what does Fedor do as a job? I’ve only seen him listed as an Entrepreneur but that’s so vague.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180703032853/http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2017/02/23/216836406/

In Feb. 2017, Meryl said:

Davis: I bought a house in Birmingham (Michigan), where I live with Fedor [Andreev] (former Canadian bronze medalist and Zoueva's son). It's great. We are both on the road a lot. He works for Boston Consulting Group, a top-tier consulting group, with large corporations, so depending what case he is on, his job description changes.

Perhaps that is still what he does?

Prior to that, he had worked as a model for Abercrombie & Fitch, and done runway shows, as well as commercials.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedor_Andreev

And had done some coaching in his mother's school.

https://web.archive.org/web/2017020...md=20100816&content_id=13522966&vkey=ice_news

Last edited:

luckyguy

Match Penalty
According to linkedin is Fedor since March 2018 the CEO at Eve Hansen (a cosmetic company). He studied 2012-2015 at the University of Michigan - Stephen M. Ross School of Business and is Bachelor of Business Administration.

The wedding actually featured not one but two Dancing With the Stars winners: Kristi Yamaguchi was a guest. :)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Oh, and I hope that some more photos from the wedding trickle through! ;) :biggrin:

They have! :biggrin:

As a follow up to their initial story, People magazine have also posted a story illustrated with photos. :cheer: :clap: :points:

It can be found here:

https://people.com/sports/meryl-davis-fedor-andreev-wedding-photos/

Thank you to our very own La Rhumba for finding a Russian post about the story, and then sharing it on her Twitter page.

(And please come back here, La Rhumba. I miss you!!! :cry: )

CaroLiza_fan

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
The wedding actually featured not one but two Dancing With the Stars winners: Kristi Yamaguchi was a guest. :)

Now I know we are skating fans but the bigger star would have been Kristi's husband if he attended - Brett Hedican.

herpawearo

Spectator
I'm a little late with my congratulations, but I'm happy for them. I really liked the photos from their wedding, this is a great couple! And I want to add that I don't like the yellow press. Sometimes we read about cheating or breakups of famous couples, but most often this is not true. By the way, I recently read an article about how to fix cheating and I'm interested to know what you think about it. Whether this article has the right to exist. I will appreciate any feedback you have.

Last edited: