Country
United-States

Here's hoping for a quick recovery. Concerning due to his age :(

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
oh no! grumpa mishin! :frown: but on the other handwe can say he had his own views about protection from the virus, i never saw him wearing correctly a mask. you know how much i love grumpa but we all saw this coming. that said i wish him total recovery.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Unsurprising, considering the way he and so many other Russian coaches don't seem to understand the proper way to wear masks. And their social distancing is also suspect.

I hope MIshin recovers soon and fully! I hope other coaches, including beloved Moskvina will consider being more diligent and careful with their mask-wearing and social distancing.

Scott512

Record Breaker
That sucks. Hope he recovers quickly.

But he was close to people that were exposed so you can’t say it’s a shock.
That's the truth man. He was around so many skaters of his that had Corona virus it may have been only a matter of time before this 80 year old legend did too. Let's hope Mr. Mishin just tested positive and does not need to get loaded up with life saving medicines the way Johnson and Trump did.

I hope he stays away from the rink for a while.

I hope the Russian federation is on top of this issue now. I hope Mr. Mishin gets better and they can give him a vaccine.

mrrice

Record Breaker
That's the truth man. He was around so many skaters of his that had Corona virus it may have been only a matter of time before this 80 year old legend did too. Let's hope Mr. Mishin just tested positive and does not need to get loaded up with life saving medicines the way Johnson and Trump did.

I hope he stays away from the rink for a while.

I hope the Russian federation is on top of this issue now. I hope Mr. Mishin gets better and they can give him a vaccine.
He is like the Frank Carroll of Russia. He has been a staple of greatness for decades.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I hope that he is going to be well. The coronavirus statistics in Russia is not trustworthy. Around me no less than half of people have already got it. However, the range is from near 0 symptoms (myself) to some fever and cough. So that our "Russian version" of coronavirus seems to be rather mild. I wish professor the mildest form with speedy recovery and a lot of antibodies.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I hope that he is going to be well. The coronavirus statistics in Russia is not trustworthy. Around me no less than half of people have already got it. However, the range is from near 0 symptoms (myself) to some fever and cough. So that our "Russian version" of coronavirus seems to be rather mild. I wish professor the mildest form with speedy recovery and a lot of antibodies.
The covid statistics are relatively unreliable everywhere. In the US, the numbers tend to be a bit inflated because the federal government reimburses hospitals for treatment of covid patients, so someone who dies of something else (i.e. a car accident or cancer) is counted as a covid death if they test positive for the virus, even if asymptomatic. Most "covid deaths" here are actually the result of the virus, but hospitals are incentivized to label any patients as such.