Music suggestions for 2022-23 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Music suggestions for 2022-23

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I think this song would be suitable for men's, pairs, or perhaps ice dancing (just guessing). After watching Andrei Mozalev for the first time this season, I fell in love with his skating, and I think this could suit his skating style.
In the linked version, there is an additional instrumental part at the end, which is not included in the studio version. With that part included, I think it perhaps could be a powerful ending for a pairs program :love:

Mozalev actually said that they don’t mind suggestions during the recent ‘ask me anything’, and someone there was asking for Dune’s music.

Step Sequence4

JULLLIEEEEETTTT!
Final Flight
Wakaba Higuchi SP- ainsi bas la vida by Indilla

I feel like it could be a somewhat more mature version of her energia program from a few seasons ago with some styllistic twists

also this has probably been mentioned but someone do a cool dune program please!!!

Jhar55

Medalist
I think this song would be suitable for men's, pairs, or perhaps ice dancing (just guessing). After watching Andrei Mozalev for the first time this season, I fell in love with his skating, and I think this could suit his skating style.
In the linked version, there is an additional instrumental part at the end, which is not included in the studio version. With that part included, I think it perhaps could be a powerful ending for a pairs program :love:

Is this the one you are referring to? :)
If so, I agree! I think it would be very suitable as programme music. I'm not sure, I have too little knowledge about especially ice dance, regarding the tempo etc. But I think it would be very suitable for someone in the men's discipline! :giggle:

Jhar55

Medalist
Yes, that’s the Yellowstone music I am talking about. Love the piece of music as well as the TV program.

bostonskaterguy86

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Happy to see there are other video game music fans in here!!

The game Octopath Traveler has an amazing soundtrack. The pieces are generally on the short side since they're written to loop in the background for as long as needed - but they tend to have similar styles, so I think you could cut two or three together to make a great short program.

This one is my favorite piece in the game, and it's the first track on my skating playlist since it's got a perfect rhythm and tempo for me to warm up stroking and crossovers :)

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Well, if we are talking gaming music, Icewind Dale is a musical treasure trove... or so I think.

DancingCactus

Final Flight
I could also live with some music from Dragon Age. If skaters can do Jedi light saber fights, they can also do fights against dragons.
I can't come up with a Mass Effect song suited to figure skating though...

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I could also live with some music from Dragon Age. If skaters can do Jedi light saber fights, they can also do fights against dragons.
I can't come up with a Mass Effect song suited to figure skating though...
Basically, let's just have a BioWARE skating spectacular. STOR probbaly has loads of good stuff as well. Balmorra was nice iirc. Or maybe I just loved Balmorra, 'cause Zenith. Ahem.

There gotta be a tune hiding in Mass Effect for Trusova. I know that. I just know that.

Spiders is actually also pretty good with music, in both Technomancer and Greedfall. (Hey, they are like French BioWARE pre-acquisition, pre-DA).

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Has anyone ever skated to The Red Shoes (1948)? I rewatched the whole movie tonight for the first time in a long time and was struck by how eerily resonant the themes are for figure skating. I think there are many women skaters in particular who would understand Vicky, though it would also be great material for a dance team like Hawayek/Baker.

My first thought was Aliona Kostornaia, for many reasons, but I could also see it for Anastasia Gubanova or perhaps Isabeau Levito after she's had more senior level experience.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
speaking of vidoegames soundtrack both Assassin Creed Black Flag and Valhalla have great music

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Reposting this here
I had suggested it a couple of years ago based upon a suggestion of another GS member (thank you🙏)
I would love Kostornaia to skate to it..
Or Mariah Bell.. both have the sensitivity to carry it
Or even Jason Brown..

Wind - Brian Crain

Love this idea for Mariah Bell, if she continues! The Korean ladies could work magic with this as well.

nomi darling

On the Ice
Probably Whitney?

IMO a full-on operatic version could be a bit distracting because it’s so dramatic all by itself. I mean, it’s basically the Queen having a hissy fit. ;)

but …speaking as a soprano, I’d give a LOT to see a quad timed with one of the high F’s in that aria! :biggrin:
Thiiisssss.

nomi darling

On the Ice
Last edited: