National competitions in Sweden | Golden Skate

National competitions in Sweden

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Sweden starts their Elite Series at the weekend September 5-6. The competition takes place up north in Luleå.

Entries/Results seniors and junior ladies

Entries/Results
junior men

Prliminary participants:

The skaters on the National Team: Anita, Cassandra, Josefin, Matilda, Illya and Nikolaj.

Also Oliver and Casper in juniors and other hopefully many great skaters that I don’t know a thing about.

Kudos to Marcus Björk for coming back after three years!

Preliminary Schedule

Saturday stream including replays, SEK 59 = €6.
Sunday stream including replays, SEK 59 = €6.
Stream and replays for both days SEK 99 = €10

No treat from the Swedish Federation :disagree:

The Swedish Elite Series(only five qualification competitions this season, three cancelled so far):
September 5-6 Luleå
October 10-11 Borås
November 7-8 Tibro/Norrköping
February 13-14 Helsingborg
March 13-15 Stenungsund
April 9-11 Finals TBD

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Elitserien, Second stage in Borås October 9-11.

Entries/Results

Participants

Matilda, Anita and Josefin are among the participants + 15 junior men!

Stream
All access SEK 99 ≈ €10,
One day SEK 59 ≈ €6
(Scroll down to LIVE 16.30, LIVE 10 OKT and LIVE 11OKT)

Time schedule (Central European Time)

Friday 9th
17.00 Junior Men Short
19.00 senior Men Short

Saturday 10th
08.30 Junior Ladies Short
14.00 Senior Ladies Short
16.45 Junior Men Free
19.00 Junior Ladies Free

Sunday 11th
8.30 Junior Ladies Free
13.00 Senior Men Free
13.35 Senior Ladies Free

First, second and third stages are qualifying competitions for Nationals (I think)

Results from the first stage:

Senior Men:
Nikolaj Majorov 205.54
Marcus Björk 154.31
Johan Sparr 122.04

Senior Ladies:
Josefin Taljegård 148.79
Cassandra Johansson 143.24
Ildi Adok 115.67

Last edited:

Tingeling

Rinkside
Emelie Ling did a 3T-3T in the short program and rightfully placed ahead of Anita and Matilda.

Why isn't she on the national team? She won bronze at nationals and represented Sweden at junior worlds.

Last edited:
Country
Norway
Wow, I´m really happy too see Josefin doing so well and 177 points is a huge score! Just watched the protocols and she went for a lot of difficult jumps with minor mistakes. I see she got really high PCS in the FS compared to others at the last event- She got 61.73, and Matilda got 53,46 and Anita 50,43. It is actually a very big difference. When looking at the protocols for the first event I see she got 51,74, so her PCS magically increased by 10 points from one competition to another :scratch2:

Tingeling

Rinkside
Wow, I´m really happy too see Josefin doing so well and 177 points is a huge score! Just watched the protocols and she went for a lot of difficult jumps with minor mistakes. I see she got really high PCS in the FS compared to others at the last event- She got 61.73, and Matilda got 53,46 and Anita 50,43. It is actually a very big difference. When looking at the protocols for the first event I see she got 51,74, so her PCS magically increased by 10 points from one competition to another :scratch2:

Yeah that's silly. I often felt that Josefin was a bit underscored relative to the other Swedish ladies, now all of a sudden she's getting massively overscored, haha.

At Nebelhorn she got 52-53 something though so 51.74 was pretty stingy for a domestic competition.

Country
Norway
Yeah that's silly. I often felt that Josefin was a bit underscored relative to the other Swedish ladies, now all of a sudden she's getting massively overscored, haha.

At Nebelhorn she got 52-53 something though so 51.74 was pretty stingy for a domestic competition.
Yes, Josefin deserves just as good PCS as the other Swedish ladies, so she should at least get that, but something in the middle between 51 and 61 would perhaps make more sense. It´s just like the judges decided she is the new Swedish star, and it really makes one question the system. It´s possible she actually had a better performance in the second one, but still. It´s nice she finally get the credit she deserved though, I just hope she doesn´t get unrealistic expectations to the scores when she competes international again.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Emelie Ling did a 3T-3T in the short program and rightfully placed ahead of Anita and Matilda.

Why isn't she on the national team? She won bronze at nationals and represented Sweden at junior worlds.
My guess is that she just has to show some consistence as a senior. I’m sure she’s on the development team.
Yes, Josefin deserves just as good PCS as the other Swedish ladies, so she should at least get that, but something in the middle between 51 and 61 would perhaps make more sense. It´s just like the judges decided she is the new Swedish star, and it really makes one question the system. It´s possible she actually had a better performance in the second one, but still. It´s nice she finally get the credit she deserved though, I just hope she doesn´t get unrealistic expectations to the scores when she competes international again.
In a way she is right now. Josefin's skating is way ahead of the other Swedish ladies this season. She gets high GOE on level 4 steps and spins. I agree with that and I also think she's a great performer. I don't mind her getting some encouragement points. She knows what she has to do to be competitive internationally. I hope she can up her techs or at least skate clean with the jumps she has.

I don't know what's wrong with Anita. Probably injuries. I mean 4th here :( with a disaster free skate. And Matilda still hasn't got her confidence back.

By the way junior Casper Johansson had a great free. Good jumps despite growing . Promising for Swedish men's figure skating. I have understood he is very dedicated.

Tingeling

Rinkside
The Elite Competitions which was supposed to be held in Tibro November7-8 was cancelled. So in the end just two out of the six autumn competitions were held.

Swedish Nationals is planned for December 10-13 in Linköping.

Spots:
Ladies 18
Men 6
Junior Ladies 30
Junior Men 8
+ many Novices

Senior Ladies ranking

Senior Men ranking

Junior Ladies ranking

Junior Men ranking

Nationals was cancelled already 😔

Postponed until further notice. Hopefully to be held in the Spring instead.