Nebelhorn Trophy 2020: Practice reports | Golden Skate

Nebelhorn Trophy 2020: Practice reports

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
no public allowed I thought ?

Some journalists and photographers have access, as do chaperones for minor skaters to some extent. And vollies of course. One poster's already said that if they can they'll report in. ;)

Ladybug89

On the Ice
I will be there :) As I didn’t get the Thursday off from my “regular job” I will only be there Friday and Saturday for the practices though. I planed to do reports and I will post them on Absolute Skating Instagram and twitter or/and on my private (judithdomi89). I will ask at arrival how much we are allowed to film, if I am, I will try to make some clips or even stream run-throughs. But no promise on the later, I’ll have to check that with organizers first (-:

Pandicorn

On the Ice
Country
Germany
I arrived today. Just came back from the accreditation. It's very complicated this year with all the one way streets and different dressing rooms and how to come from one rink to the other...
And you have to wear your mask all the time.

Ladybug89

On the Ice
Thanks for the warning, Padicorn. Maybe I will figure out who you arw and will meet you there. Looking forward seeing your practice reports until then.

Pandicorn

On the Ice
Country
Germany
Thanks for the warning, Padicorn. Maybe I will figure out who you arw and will meet you there. Looking forward seeing your practice reports until then.
I'm the "security" in the practice rink in the afternoon. So you can just speak to me.

Pandicorn

On the Ice
Country
Germany
Some notes from ladies practice:
Brezinova: LaLaLand, practiced many 3-3 combos
Hatakawa: FS to Muse, no jumps in runthrough
Weinzierl: FS to R &J, many heavy landings, 3-2 combos
Van Zundert: SP to a Alegria cover
Eva Lotta was the only one in her group that appeared, FS to Rachman., no jumps in runthrough but practice looked good
Many Ladies didn't appear. I don't know why, but perhaps cause it was already the second training this day or they only want to practice on the main rink.
I heard that Deniss's training wasn't so good, but haven't seen him myself.

Country
Norway
Some notes from ladies practice:
Brezinova: LaLaLand, practiced many 3-3 combos
Hatakawa: FS to Muse, no jumps in runthrough
Weinzierl: FS to R &J, many heavy landings, 3-2 combos
Van Zundert: SP to a Alegria cover
Eva Lotta was the only one in her group that appeared, FS to Rachman., no jumps in runthrough but practice looked good
Many Ladies didn't appear. I don't know why, but perhaps cause it was already the second training this day or they only want to practice on the main rink.
I heard that Deniss's training wasn't so good, but haven't seen him myself.
Thank you for the practice report :)

Deutsche Eislauf-Union actually had an interview with Deniss which can be watched at the Instagram-story. He says he is both excited and nervous. He generally feels in good shape, but he says he feel a kind of negative anxiety. He is excited about showing the new programs, but he said it is a bit weird skating in front of empty audience, and that he misses the feeling of having an audience, and he feels more like he will skate in front of the judges and camera.

Pandicorn

On the Ice
Country
Germany
So the missing Icedancers appeared. ^^ They weren't yesterday or today morning at the practice. I already thought they withdraw.

Pandicorn

On the Ice
Country
Germany
Not a good day for quads today. Almost every try for Frangipani, Deniss and Matteo ended in a fall or were popped.
But there were some interesting programs where I'm very curious how the costumes will look like.

Pandicorn

On the Ice
Country
Germany
During the men's FS I was at the Ladies practice.
You can already looking forward for tomorrow: at least two more Moulin rouge programs. :biggrin:
The last group appeared completely. Alexia and Eva Lotta had a good practice.

Funny sidenote: I couldn't follow the men's standings and had no clue what was going on when suddenly Deniss came sprinting in, to Stéphane, they talked shortly and he ran out again. So I was already hoping he is on the podium or even won. 😊