Need help with finding the right boot | Golden Skate

Need help with finding the right boot

imcooliswear

Spectator
Hi, been a long-time lurker on this forum and need some help on getting the correct fit with boots.

I’ve had two pairs of skates, two different brands (Jackson, Edea), and have tried on Risport. The Jackson fit the ball of my foot pretty well, but felt a little roomy in the toes and rest of the boot, I had pretty bad heel lift to as well (literally could move up a centimetre). Comparatively the Edea felt good around my toes but is definitely too narrow around the ball of my feet, whilst the pain varies it can get pretty bad to where after I take my skates off I can’t move my feet for a few minutes and basically have to wait for my feet to go numb til I can skate comfortably, however no heel slippage at all. I also have on and off arch pain when in Edea. I tried on Risport but it was like the worst of both worlds, was too narrow around the ball of my foot and not narrow enough for my heel. The Jacksons were a D ball and C heel model (fusion line) and the Edeas are standard width.

I’m currently in the Edeas but I don’t think I will be able to handle the pain for too much longer (have worn them for about 6 months) so I’m starting to look for other options now. I’m an older teenager so I’m willing to spend more money so I can be more comfortable since my feet definitely aren’t growing anymore. In terms of my feet, I have normal to slightly high arches, tapered toes and my heel is solidly narrower than the ball of my foot. I was thinking I’d probably go down the semi-custom Jackson route to accommodate the width difference, as whilst Jackson isn‘t a perfect fit at least I probably wouldn’t be in any pain, what do you guys think? Any and all help is highly appreciated.

Elija

On the Ice
Have you tried having your edeas stretched? It’s very easy for a tech to stretch just the part of the boot that is too tight. For the arches, try some more supportive insoles, they make a huge difference.

imcooliswear

Spectator
Have you tried having your edeas stretched? It’s very easy for a tech to stretch just the part of the boot that is too tight. For the arches, try some more supportive insoles, they make a huge difference.
I’ll definitely go ask about stretching out the ball area, I have tried more supportive insoles though and they didn‘t help at all, I don’t know why

gliese

Final Flight
Country
United-States
You might be in the wrong size Risport. Because from your description it should be a pretty good fit.

gliese

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I’ll definitely go ask about stretching out the ball area, I have tried more supportive insoles though and they didn‘t help at all, I don’t know why
They tend to only help if you have actual foot problems. If your feet are fine, then the boot is the problem and an insole won't help it.