Netflix “Bad Sport” | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Netflix “Bad Sport”

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
I've seen the horse scandal featured on many crime/scandal shows. Can't remember the names though.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They should have named the episode: "Bad Sport: Featuring Jamie Sale". I couldn't believe it when she implied that Anton may have intentionally run into her. The tape shows that she CLEARLY ran into HIM. She's such a whiner with a tenuous grasp of being truthful.
I have no opinion of Jamie Sale. I don't follow her at all, but she doesn't sound like a nice person. That is irrelevant.

She could be a serial killer, but it wouldn't change the facts about the cheating scandal.

Plenty of pro-con arguments could be made about the scoring and outcome of that competition. That's fair game. But her personal character traits have no bearing at all. The skaters are not given a mark for bitchy or nice.

Last edited:

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Could you recommend some? I watched the horse story in horrified fascination🥲
The first episode concerning the college basketball player who bet on his own team's success: Hoop Schemes. And the second: Need for Weed is fascinating on so many levels that it should be a feature film.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have no opinion of Jamie Sale. I don't follow her at all, but she doesn't sound like a nice person. That is irrelevant.

She could be a serial killer, but it wouldn't change the facts about the cheating scandal.

Plenty of pro-con arguments could be made about the scoring and outcome of that competition. That's fair game. But her personal character traits have no bearing at all. The skaters are given a mark for bitchy or nice.

I completely agree, my friend, but do you mean skaters are not given a mark for bitchy or nice?

I don't care (or have an opinion) as to whether Elena and Anton were God's gift to the pair skating world and Jamie and David were whatever people want to call them.

Cheating in a judged sport cannot be condoned, excused, or shrugged off. :(

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
And I completely agree with you. The focus of this show should have been on the French judge, Didier, RusFed. But it turned into a pro-NorthAmerican, Anti-Russian propaganda exercise. The judges were strictly pro-S/P. The insinuations by Jamie herself that Anton deliberately caused their collision. Etc. So what I saw was a poor sport who either forgot the history she herself lived and skated or she is just fabricating tales. Jamie should have stuck with whining about the evil federations but instead she personally took a swipe at the character of her co-Olympic gold medalist. What a bad sport. That is what upsets me the most. That 20 years later she hasn't just not moved on, but is now believing or promoting conspiracy theories against her COMPETITOR. She is a terrible sport, and from what I've gleaned on social media, she is a terrible person too.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I completely agree, my friend, but do you mean skaters are not given a mark for bitchy or nice?

I don't care (or have an opinion) as to whether Elena and Anton were God's gift to the pair skating world and Jamie and David were whatever people want to call them.

Yes! I'll go back and edit my original post! Yikes.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And I completely agree with you. The focus of this show should have been on the French judge, Didier, RusFed. But it turned into a pro-NorthAmerican, Anti-Russian propaganda exercise. The judges were strictly pro-S/P. The insinuations by Jamie herself that Anton deliberately caused their collision. Etc. So what I saw was a poor sport who either forgot the history she herself lived and skated or she is just fabricating tales. Jamie should have stuck with whining about the evil federations but instead she personally took a swipe at the character of her co-Olympic gold medalist. What a bad sport. That is what upsets me the most. That 20 years later she hasn't just not moved on, but is now believing or promoting conspiracy theories against her COMPETITOR. She is a terrible sport, and from what I've gleaned on social media, she is a terrible person too.

I have not seen the show, so you may well be right. But, judging (see what I did there:p)only from when it happened, I think some people (ETA: not all) who believe that Elena and Anton should have won may see any argument that the fix was in and that Jamie and David were actually better that day as "anti Russian" propaganda. I don't know enough about pairs to say, they looked pretty even to me, but it's not like I've rewatched the programs in the past 20 years.

I agree no one should swipe a competitor. Then again, I'm a Jason uber, and he loves everyone and everyone loves him. Be like Jason:biggrin:

The Rockskis

Spectator
The only "bad sport" here appears to be Jamie Sale. Not content with her little temper tantrum netting her an undeserved gold medal, she's still implying that Anton ran into her deliberately on the warmup, and that Anton and Elena knew about the "fix", when it's been proved a dozen times over that they had no clue about anything and just wanted to skate their best.

I'd be absolutely ashamed if my biggest claim to fame was that I threw a temper tantrum on international television until I was given a medal I didn't deserve.
Excuse me, did you even watch the performances, I was there. A perfect performance compared to one with 1 major and 2 minor mistakes, the choice was obvious even for someone who doesn't know anything about figure skating. That Russian coach on the Netflix series (Tamara) holding her hands up to her eyes like binoculars pretending the Russian mafia doesn't exist. That's hilarious, the entire world knows the Russian mafia exists. I know she's some famous skater and coach from ancient times, but she acted like a bit of a ..... (you fill in the bkank) during the interviews on the "Gold War" episode in Bad Sport on Netflix.