New Skating Scores site: SkatingScores.com | Golden Skate

New Skating Scores site: SkatingScores.com

Axel Rittberger

Spectator
Hi all, I'd like to let you you know about the brand-new figure skating scores website I just launched. I think you'll like it :).

http://skatingscores.com/

I've seen a few other scores websites, but those sites only have the final score tallies from each competition, an none of them seem to have what I have always wanted: COMPLETE score sheets for every skater. With complete scores, you don't have to go rifling thru various old, large PDF files downloaded from isu.org to compare scores.

So far, I've got all the scores from the ISU events from last season and the current season.

And since my website has not only the final score tallies, but rather *all* the scores for each individual Element and Component of each skater, I can do some interesting things as far as stats and charts go. I have more ideas for the future, but here are a few interesting things I've already put together:

– Each skater has their own page with all of their performances listed as well as the scores for every element they performed in the 2017 season:

http://skatingscores.com/unit/532

– For the Short Programs/Dances at each competition, I've put together "Element Ranking Tables" so you can see which skater/team "won" each Element (check out Hubble & Donohue winning the WC SD Twizzles!):

http://skatingscores.com/2017/wc/dance/short/tes

– I've got similar "Component Ranking Tables" for the both the Short & Free programs of every competition, so you can see which skater/team "won" each Component:

http://skatingscores.com/2017/wc/ladies/long/pcs

– Each country, has its own page that ranks all skaters of each discipline by their average total scores from the 2017 season.

http://skatingscores.com/nation/USA/

– And of course, there's a Search function :).

I'll generally be trying to update the site immediately after every official ISU competition this year.

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy the site :).

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Looks very good!

One point I noticed for possible improvement: I went into the 2017 Riga men's results. When I then clicked on the ladies' button at the top it took me out of the Riga tables and into the Ladies' overall stats. This is correct, once you understand that this is what these buttons are for. But the way they are arranged and labeled might make you think you can flip between the various disciplines within the Riga competition. There are no buttons to do that directly, you need to go back to the Riga menu page for it.

But overall, great job indeed! :clap: :2thumbs:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
This is great. It's interesting to see Nathan and Boyang's LP at the bottom of the field in TR and SS, but near the top in the other PCS components.

Axel Rittberger

Spectator
@drivingmissdaisy, I must apologize, those component scores for Nathan and Boyang were incorrect! I've already corrected them.

I apologize to you (and to Nathan and Boyang!) for the error! I've had to write some rather complicated software in order to import the data from the ISU's PDFs. And unfortunately, the ISU's PDFs are scrambled in such a way that my software process must include an OCR (optical character recognition) phase that can sometimes swap 6s with 8s. I've already taken several measures to automatically correct this issue, but it looks like I'll need some more! Please bear with me as I get the site up and running and fully functional. Hopefully, I can iron out these issues within the next week… Sorry again!

Axel Rittberger

Spectator
@StitchMonkey, @frida80, @EdgeCall:

Thank you! Glad you like it :). It may be a bit of a bumpy ride, but please bear with me as I iron out the kinks over the next week or so. I hope to have everything running smoothly before the Senior Grand Prix season begins.

Axel Rittberger

Spectator
Looks very good!

One point I noticed for possible improvement: I went into the 2017 Riga men's results. When I then clicked on the ladies' button at the top it took me out of the Riga tables and into the Ladies' overall stats. This is correct, once you understand that this is what these buttons are for. But the way they are arranged and labeled might make you think you can flip between the various disciplines within the Riga competition. There are no buttons to do that directly, you need to go back to the Riga menu page for it.

But overall, great job indeed! :clap: :2thumbs:

Thanks EdgeCall! Yes, I totally agree this is a bit confusing. I think I may have even made this navigation "mistake" once myself early on in the development of the site. For the next couple of weeks, I need to work on some data integrity checks to make sure all the data is always correct. But after that, I will give some thought to improved navigation and search (which is also a bit weak at the moment).

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
This is such an excellent resource for fans, skaters, and coaches. Thank you so much for dedicating so much time and energy into this. I know it could not have been easy. You should share this on social media and other forums as well, such as FSU.

russianfan

Match Penalty
looks great! I just hate official ISU site - it is so inconvenient, not user-friendly at all :dev2:

Marta25

Medalist
This is so awesome. :agree: I have already bookmarked your site and I`m definitely going to check your site very often this season :biggrin:

Axel Rittberger

Spectator
Thanks for all the kind words! Glad you all like it. Do me a solid: tell your friends on Facebook and Twitter about it :). Thanks!