Noemie Bodenstein | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Noemie Bodenstein

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Congratulations, Noémie!

Will we be seeing her at competitions like Nebelhorn and the Golden Spin this year, do you think? Would love for her to get a GP spot in the next year or two.
I don't think so. :( As of 4 August, she's no longer listed as a provisional member of the national team pending a test skate, nor as a member of the national cadre (next group down). She may still be dealing with that back/psoas injury and planning to return next season, or she may have decided to retire from competition - she hasn't said anything on Instagram one way or another, which is the only way I'd know.

I'd love it if she came back and got a GP spot too, but it's more important that she's happy, healthy and pursuing the future she wants despite the pandemic throwing obstacles in the way, and if that doesn't include skating, that's sad for us, but she should make the choice that's right for her.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
And now we know: she's had to retire at age 18 due to a chronic but previously undiagnosed hip injury. One that I honestly suspect she's had for most of her international career. 💔 Off to university and what I hope will be a brilliant future next month, but she'll be having surgery in January to help repair the damage to that hip...

She chose a beautiful photo for her announcement - a reminder of that one perfect program that showed everyone exactly what she could do and should have been able to do on the ice for to years to come - but it's heartbreaking nonetheless.

I'm so tired of seeing gifted kids - especially so very many gifted girls - chewed up and left on the sidelines by this sport before they've even had a chance to try for some of their goals, at ages where they should be just starting out on international competition. Losing Sondre just before Worlds, and now Tilly & Will and Noémie in such a short space of time has been really devastating. I don't think I'm going to be paying much attention to figure skating going forwards. It hurts too much.

Vemvane

On the Ice
And now we know: she's had to retire at age 18 due to a chronic but previously undiagnosed hip injury. One that I honestly suspect she's had for most of her international career. 💔 Off to university and what I hope will be a brilliant future next month, but she'll be having surgery in January to help repair the damage to that hip...

She chose a beautiful photo for her announcement - a reminder of that one perfect program that showed everyone exactly what she could do and should have been able to do on the ice for to years to come - but it's heartbreaking nonetheless.

I'm so tired of seeing gifted kids - especially so very many gifted girls - chewed up and left on the sidelines by this sport before they've even had a chance to try for some of their goals, at ages where they should be just starting out on international competition. Losing Sondre just before Worlds, and now Tilly & Will and Noémie in such a short space of time has been really devastating. I don't think I'm going to be paying much attention to figure skating going forwards. It hurts too much.
Oh, that's so sad. Eighteen is so young to need surgery on hips.

May she have a fantastic time at university! Best of luck to her for her future, and may she have many successes in whatever she pursues ☺️