"Nothing Else Matters" - Oona Brown & Gage Brown skate 2020-2021 FD at Bryant Park | Golden Skate

"Nothing Else Matters" - Oona Brown & Gage Brown skate 2020-2021 FD at Bryant Park

labgoat

I have no words
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Something to cheer us up! A young couple on my radar as future US stars.

From the YouTube site...
Oona and Gage Brown are Team USA Ice Dancers. We filmed their 2020-21 Free Dance in Bryant Park's Winter Village ice rink at 6:45 in the morning over the Thanksgiving holiday. Thank you to their coach Joel Dear for helping to organize. And a special thank you to all of our supporters on Patreon who make it possible for us to afford ice in one of prettiest outdoor rinks in New York City.

readernick

Medalist
Something to cheer us up! A young couple on my radar as future US stars.

From the YouTube site...
Oona and Gage Brown are Team USA Ice Dancers. We filmed their 2020-21 Free Dance in Bryant Park's Winter Village ice rink at 6:45 in the morning over the Thanksgiving holiday. Thank you to their coach Joel Dear for helping to organize. And a special thank you to all of our supporters on Patreon who make it possible for us to afford ice in one of prettiest outdoor rinks in New York City.

Wow! My favorite juniors! Thank you for posting this!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
From the YouTube site...

Many thanks to Jordan Cowan of On Ice Perspectives for filming both the FD and the RD of the Browns at Bryant Park.

Per On Ice Perspectives on Instagram this morning:

" ... Or head straight to my YouTube channel to watch the entire single take in full widescreen 4K ... We also filmed Oona and Gage’s Rhythm Dance routine to ‘Boy from Oz’ which will be released there later, so make sure to like and subscribe! 😉🙌"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIdPkmVr9fI/ (Dec 6)​

And of course, big thanks to Oona, Gage, and Joel.

The Browns are one of the reasons that I am sad about the (understandable) cancellation of Junior Worlds.
I always appreciate Jordan's videos, and I am especially happy that he filmed both programs of the Browns at this time.

ETA (on Feb 4):

Turns out that Jordan and the Browns filmed together again in January -- this time in Central Park.

On Instagram, Jordan has released a wonderful clip of the RD from Central Park:

Per Jordan: " ... the full video is coming to YouTube soon! 🙌 "

Someone tagged Joel Dear in a comment on the RD post. His reply (in part):

" ... Inese Bucevica did Choreo for this program! I took the lead for the Metallica FD. We scrub each other’s work and get input/ideas from @gagebrown_ @thebrownsofficial_ to get the look 👀 that we all love ❤️ "​

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Just to remind you, Gage and Oona have had a Fan Fest here since 2018!!

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Just to remind you, Gage and Oona have had a Fan Fest here since 2018!!

And they have been utterly awesome from the first. I remember seeing them for the first time, in this:
It makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up—their qualities are just extraordinary. The last US team I felt this way about, was the very young Davis & White!

readernick

Medalist
And they have been utterly awesome from the first. I remember seeing them for the first time, in this:
It makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up—their qualities are just extraordinary. The last US team I felt this way about, was the very young Davis & White!
They really are amazing. They have such flow across the ice, great kneebend and performance ability. Occasionally, they don't have the cleanest turns and their lack of height distance has held back the Wow factor on their lifts a bit. But, I think they are getting more precise and he is growing so I believe the will be a factor at JN.