Olympic Channel has created a dedicated Youtube page for figure skating that live streams past Olympic events. | Golden Skate

Olympic Channel has created a dedicated Youtube page for figure skating that live streams past Olympic events.

NaVi

Medalist
Seems to have been created a couple weeks ago.

Really only posting about it because they have a live stream showing past events. They've been doing that on their website for the past year or so but this is more accessible. Was surprised there were a little over a hundred people watching when stumbled onto it at 4am.

Weirdly though, the stream went from showing the full 1998 men's short program to the 2002 pairs long program which kind of shows that they're not really putting much thought into curation(and viewers declined from around 120 to around 70 then). One thing I'd do is that for 12 hours a day I'd show just show the medalist and medal contenders for an event with the freeskate shown directly after the short program. Then for the other 12 hours I would show full events with the FS immediately following the SP.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Seems to have been created a couple weeks ago.

Really only posting about it because they have a live stream showing past events. They've been doing that on their website for the past year or so but this is more accessible. Was surprised there were a little over a hundred people watching when stumbled onto it at 4am.

Weirdly though, the stream went from showing the full 1998 men's short program to the 2002 pairs long program which kind of shows that they're not really putting much thought into curation(and viewers declined from around 120 to around 70 then). One thing I'd do is that for 12 hours a day I'd show just show the medalist and medal contenders for an event with the freeskate shown directly after the short program. Then for the other 12 hours I would show full events with the FS immediately following the SP.
:thank::clap:

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
I found it too! I don’t understand what sequence they are showing the events in either?! I’ve not seen any ice dance but they’ve showed pairs, ladies and men’s.

NaVi

Medalist
Even more weird, the stream is going back and forth between the 1998 men's short and the 2002 pairs which makes no sense and makes it far less interesting.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I came across this last night! I caught the end of Plushy's 2006 SP. Good times!

Then I had to go and do something else, but it'll be fun to pop in and see what's on!
Hey, I think I might discovered this at the same time as you! I think I read something about it on Twitter or YouTube before, but only checked it out a little while ago! Honestly only saw the first group of that men's SP, but Jeffrey Buttle really stood out to me, didn't realize scat vocals were allowed back then! 😆