Overall Fan Fest Index, Links to Skaters

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just letting you know that I have just done some housekeeping to the Original Post based on recent developments.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

4everchan

Observer
Record Breaker
question :

i am Conrad Orzel's father... but Mango, his step-mom LOL I am not sure how to call her let's say, fruity godmother is the one with the coding knowledge and does ALL the work in the OP... I simply copy and paste what she sends me but it's getting more and more difficult due to the number of characters allowed in GS.

I am simply wondering if Mango could have access to edit directly the OP as well ?
Is it possible that two people can be parents of skaters on the fan fests?

If not, we will find another solution.... but i just thought it was worth asking.

Many thanks,

4everchan aka Conrad's dad LOL (oh lord... I am so not a father figure LOL)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
question :

i am Conrad Orzel's father... but Mango, his step-mom LOL I am not sure how to call her let's say, fruity godmother is the one with the coding knowledge and does ALL the work in the OP... I simply copy and paste what she sends me but it's getting more and more difficult due to the number of characters allowed in GS.

I am simply wondering if Mango could have access to edit directly the OP as well ?
Is it possible that two people can be parents of skaters on the fan fests?

If not, we will find another solution.... but i just thought it was worth asking.

Many thanks,

4everchan aka Conrad's dad LOL (oh lord... I am so not a father figure LOL)

That is too cute an analogy! :)

In situations like this, where more than one member is collaborating on a project, it would be nice if that was possible. But I'm afraid it's not. Only Moderators and the person that posted the thing in the first place can edit posts.

And I am sure you understand why this is the case. Imagine the chaos that would ensue if anybody could edit anybody else's posts. Especially when some of us have very different opinions to others. :eek:

No, although inconvenient at times, I think it's better this way.

CaroLiza_fan

4everchan

Observer
Record Breaker
That is too cute an analogy! :)

In situations like this, where more than one member is collaborating on a project, it would be nice if that was possible. But I'm afraid it's not. Only Moderators and the person that posted the thing in the first place can edit posts.

And I am sure you understand why this is the case. Imagine the chaos that would ensue if anybody could edit anybody else's posts. Especially when some of us have very different opinions to others. :eek:

No, although inconvenient at times, I think it's better this way.

CaroLiza_fan

thanks for the answer and of course, we thought that was the case and totally understand ;)

so in that case, we will find a way to keep conrad's fan fest alive... :)

last question... let's say i go MIA.. .would someone take care of my orphaned son?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
thanks for the answer and of course, we thought that was the case and totally understand ;)

so in that case, we will find a way to keep conrad's fan fest alive... :)

last question... let's say i go MIA.. .would someone take care of my orphaned son?

I suppose that is what I am doing at the minute, updating Fan Fests for other members (and really hoping I am not stepping on people's toes!) Like, Shoma's mother appears to have gone missing, so I was asked to update his Fan Fest.

In extreme circumstances when we know that the current owner of a Fan Fest is definitely not coming back (eg. they have been banned), the thread can be re-allocated. But that is the last resort. And anyway, as far as I know, only gsk8 and Doris can do that. I can't.

But I really hope you don't go missing. You would be genuinely missed!

CaroLiza_fan

4everchan

Observer
Record Breaker
I suppose that is what I am doing at the minute, updating Fan Fests for other members (and really hoping I am not stepping on people's toes!) Like, Shoma's mother appears to have gone missing, so I was asked to update his Fan Fest.

In extreme circumstances when we know that the current owner of a Fan Fest is definitely not coming back (eg. they have been banned), the thread can be re-allocated. But that is the last resort. And anyway, as far as I know, only gsk8 and Doris can do that. I can't.

But I really hope you don't go missing. You would be genuinely missed!

CaroLiza_fan

okay... note taken... if i go MIA i will advise :) if i get banned, well , it will be obvious... in the meantime, i will keep going.. i guess you and doris and gsk8 have a lot on your plate.. for instance i am very active in chiddy's fanfest of course but have never heard about chiddy's mom 'emma" i hope she is well.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Please fix Sofya to Sofia (I guess it's more correct) and the link for a little Sofia. :)

Done. Sorry for the mistake. :eek::

By the way, I am going to have to go through all the links soon and update them to the new https addresses. Because they are not re-directing and I want people to be as secure as possible.

But, it'll probably be next week, because I'm up to my eyes in it at the moment.

Put it like this: the Cup of China starts in 3 hours, and I haven't even finished the TV Schedule post (that's what I'm doing now); or started making out my Predictions; or even finished watching Skate Canada (still got to watch the Short Dance, Men's SP, and Pairs SP and FS)! :eek:

And I had been planning on watching today's coverage LIVE! :drama:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
By the way, I am going to have to go through all the links soon and update them to the new https addresses. Because they are not re-directing and I want people to be as secure as possible.

But, it'll probably be next week, because I'm up to my eyes in it at the moment.

Just letting you all know that the index post has now been updated so that all links use the new https addresses.

And, since I was going through the forum anyway to check that all threads were included, I also took the opportunity to do something else that was overdue.

For those skaters that had accents in their thread title, I updated the titles of threads themselves (not the links) to remove all accents. This was for two reasons:

1. to make the names in the thread titles match the ISU Bios (the ISU doesn't use accents in the Bios)
  2. to simplify the addresses (which are directly linked to the thread titles)

The aim is to make the threads easier to find by the search engines.

In most cases, it was simply a case of replacing the accented letter in the title with the un-accented letter. But, in two cases, it was slightly different as I had proper rules to follow. Hence, Annabelle Prölß became Annabelle Proelss and Nikolaj Sørensen became Nikolaj Soerensen for the titles and addresses.

Please note that the accents remain in the names in the index post, as they should be included when referring to the skater within the original post of their Fan Fest.

I still have some formatting that I want to do to the index post, such as correcting name orders, capitalising surnames and adding accents that were missed. But, the most important part has been done.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Hello,
I am the mother of the Megumi Tsutsumi / Devin Dickey thread but that doesn't appear to be on the index.
Is there a way to add it on there?
Thank you!!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hello,
I am the mother of the Megumi Tsutsumi / Devin Dickey thread but that doesn't appear to be on the index.
Is there a way to add it on there?
Thank you!!

This comment confused me, because I distinctly remembered typing their names. So, I went and checked.

I am so sorry. I accidentally put them into the Pairs list rather than the Ice Dance list! :eek:: :slink:

I'll fix it now.

By the way, thank you for "Liking" all my posts in the Rules thread. It is good to know that somebody is reading them...

CaroLiza_fan

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
Does Bradie have a fan fest? If not, I will make one. Thought it would be better to ask first since my last two attempts were already created by puremagic.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
^ Did a quick search and I think you're in the clear!

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
FF is done!

My family tree now includes Megumi and Devin, Eva, and Bradie.

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
I am the adopted parent of Bradie Tennell and Sabina Zagitova, who both are not on this list :)
My family tree:
Megumi Tsutsumi / Devin Dickey
Dance, Mexico

Yumeng Gao / Zhong Xie
Pairs, China

Camden Pulkinen
Men, United States of America

Bradie Tennell
Ladies, United States of America

Eva Novakhova
Ladies, Russia

Natalya Ogoreltseva
Ladies, Russia

Sabina Zagitova
Ladies, Russia

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I am the adopted parent of Bradie Tennell and Sabina Zagitova, who both are not on this list :)

They are now! ;) :biggrin:

I've just updated this overall index thread, as well as the index threads for all the new sub-fora.

Also added were:

• Sara Honda
  • Sofia Sula
  • Camden Pulkinen
  • Andrew Torgashev
  • Gao Yumeng / Xie Zhong

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan