Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
It will be a great translation from Fs gossip. I can't wait it. I

If anybody think logically and read Plushenkos' reaction after Eteri's post would know it: Alina wanted to go to the Academy on years ago. And thank God Yana has that conversation. LOL!.

What is bigger liar.....Eteri???

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
No, the antics of the great Yevgeniy Viktorovich will have a direct impact on Russian figure skating in the girls and women, even starting today.

Or is this thread an endless repeat loop of fruitless discussions between our armchair judges over edge calls, q, !, < and other marks from competitions completed long ago?

Kostornaya is scheduled to compete in a week, right? Plyushchenko attacking the judges and federation like this, talking about corruption? But such accusations perhaps also can lead to more strict, even and transparent judging, who knows?

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Guys.. please keep the negativity to a minimum.

Also.. if something has wider implications than just Russian Ladies it would be nice to share it with the rest of the board if you have the time (or if you are okay with someone else starting a discussion on a separate thread) since some users find the Russian Ladies thread difficult to follow and hard to keep on top of (since it moves a fast clip).

Edwin, any chance of a translation of the first two sentences in blue in your post on the article? Thank you.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
No, the antics of the great Yevgeniy Viktorovich will have a direct impact on Russian figure skating in the girls and women, even starting today.

Or is this thread an endless repeat loop of fruitless discussions between our armchair judges over edge calls, q, !, < and other marks from competitions completed long ago?

Kostornaya is scheduled to compete in a week, right? Plyushchenko attacking the judges and federation like this, talking about corruption? But such accusations perhaps also can lead to more strict, even and transparent judging, who knows?
If you read his interview he didn't attack the fedaration he talked with them about it. :coffee:And if you don't know he is in good relationships with the heads of the federation. Gorshkov was on the baptism of Alexander Plushenko he gave him the first really little skates. Plushy is an ifluental man already.

You can laugh at my post about Zagitova and she planned transfer but we will see what happens. She is adult already the journalist can ask her about it if they want. Probably this was the reason why she didn't was next to the flag on the Sambo 70's annyversary as many Russians thought then. :p

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Incoming... another interview. Brace yourselves, my friends.
Plushenko: says Valieva doesn’t deserve her scores and it’s a whole circus, Sasha doesn’t work with neither Rozanov, nor Ilynykh anymore (they tried and it didn’t work out), also, according to Plushenko Alina was asking to join him last year.

oh dear...
Plushy, never comment on skaters' scores, esp. not about those from other teams. :palmf:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
It wasn't. It's my expression over what's going to happen over that interview, ie "the negativity".
There is always fallout. People have strong opinions. It is fine to have strong opinions. It is not okay to bash skaters, coaches and/or other users. I am hopeful that two valued members of the board will remember those rules before this thread has to be heavily moderated.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I'd just like to say that I wouldn't blame any skater for wanting to train at Plushy's Rink. Eteri is great but Plushy is an international star with a huge reputation in the sport. It gives his skaters a ton of clout just being seen with him at any event.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I am so not looking forward to reading that last 34 pages of this thread that I missed these past few days. But the only new news I have is that evgenia has a pinched nerve in her back.
I guess if I wanna know what’s happening in the world of Russian ladies skaters (and I’m dying to know!!) I have to sift through this dumpster fire of a thread to find out. Wish me luck on ignoring the bickering about edges and coaches.
Not sure there is much exciting news... well Sasha T seems to have a quad loop, which is pretty awesome!

Liza Nugumanova won at the Panin-Kolomenkin Memorial in St Petersburg yesterday and there were some excellent Junior ladies there too. Probably easier to go to the competition thread to see that.

Still waiting on news of Aliona K's 3A.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
It is up to each skater and his/her parents on how they appreciate to be seen by the worldwide audience alongside their 'coach'.

The Trusov's made a rational decision I can wholly understand.

The Kostorniy's, I don't know, to me it appeared like Alyona suddenly got 'star struck' and made an emotional decision rather than a rational one. And she is now stuck in limbo as to her representation and financing? And already there is discord between the two top skaters that Plyushchenko bought.

Shulskaya and Muravyova were just looking for 'ice' and I sincerely hope their parents have signed a different kind of contract with the Academy of Angels that allows these young skaters to develop themselves in quietude, without hype and scandal.

There are lots of commercial rinks and academies/clubs available in Moscow, with the same level of trainers as the young, (still inexperienced and hence cheap?) likes of Mikhailov or Rozanov.

But if you can have a free ride when you sign up with the Angels? Few parents will be able to resist.

Last edited:

Fluture

Record Breaker
the two top skaters that Plyushchenko bought
You always make it sound so easy! As if there‘s a supermarket out there selling elite skaters on a discount price. Just as a reminder - Aliona and Sasha (and these other athletes) are not groceries, they‘re human beings. Maybe Plushenko DID offer them favorable conditions but they (and their parents) still had to agree. He’d actually be supremely stupid NOT to promote the school he likely spent a lot of his own money on. And if Sasha and Aliona went there partly because of monetary reasons - I’d call that smart. Especially since we’re in the middle of a pandemic, with cancelled shows and competitions and companies probably not as willing to finance an up and coming star. Like it or not, they went there on their own free will.

Don‘t get me wrong - in my eyes Plushenko is just as sensationalistic, petty and overdramatic as Eteri (if not more so) but your obsession with him is almost creepy. Just... let it go, man.

As for the coaching situation- I‘m sad Ilinykh‘s apparently no longer working with Sasha. She needs her skating skills expertise more than Aliona, imo. But if it helps prevent conflicts, good on them for finding a solution.

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
It is up to each skater and his/her parents on how they appreciate to be seen by the worldwide audience alongside their 'coach'.

The Trusov's made a rational decision I can wholly understand.

The Kostorniy's, I don't know, to me it appeared like Alyona suddenly got 'star struck' and made an emotional decision rather than a rational one. And she is now stuck in limbo as to her representation and financing? And already there is discord between the two top skaters that Plyushchenko bought.

Shulskaya and Muravyova were just looking for 'ice' and I sincerely hope their parents have signed a different kind of contract with the Academy of Angels that allows these young skaters to develop themselves in quietude, without hype and scandal.

There are lots of commercial rinks and academies/clubs available in Moscow, with the same level of trainers as the young, (still inexperienced and hence cheap?) likes of Mikhailov or Rozanov.

But if you can have a free ride if you sign up with the Angels? Few parents will be able to resist.
He did not buy anyone. Sasha was no longer winning with Eteri and Alyona went after her favourite coach - Sergei Rozanov.
And he is the one who gave her triple axel for the first the time. He did not restore it, he was the first coach with whom she jumped triple axel!

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Plyushchenko will have an interview published in Sport Ekspress soon.

An excerpt:
"Chalets, spa's and lots of ice. Plyushchenko spoke about the construction of the base where Trusova and Kostornaya will live.

The head of the Plyushchenko's Angels Academy in an interview with SE told the conditions under which the figure skaters will train at the base, which is being built next to the school's new skating rink. According to Yevgeniy Plyushchenko, the stars will settle in chalet cottages.

- Business is progressing great, construction is coming to an end. We are planning a test opening for my birthday on November 3rd. It will be a private skating rink, since I now rent a site. Finally, we will have our own base, I will show you where Sasha Trusova, Alyona Kostornaya and our other collections (сборники can be interpreted either way) will live and train. For those of my athletes who show super results, there will be free tuition and accommodation. And they will live in separate chalet cottages, we are building them now. In order not to travel anywhere and immerse yourself in the workflow. Because we will skate a lot, three to four workouts a day. There will be halls for choreography, exercise, a spa. In general, my wife and I are opening a full-fledged sports base in the Moscow region. A second skating rink will appear in Moscow in February. My wife and I decided to invest in sports, in figure skating. There will also be a large playground, halls, and a restaurant. There are a lot of people willing to learn skating. We no longer fit on Lobachevsky. (Dmitriy Kuznetsov)"

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Medalist
The recent Plushenko's interview (parts of were published by sport-exoress.ru) included his explanations why Sasha Trusova experienced problems during the 2nd RusCup stage.
- She was sick, skated with cold.

So why she continues with her training? Doing loops? Or that yesterday's video was filmed long ago?

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
The recent Plushenko's interview (parts of were published by sport-exoress.ru) included his explanations why Sasha Trusova experienced problems during the 2nd RusCup stage.
- She was sick, skated with cold.

So why she continues with her training? Doing loops? Or that yesterday's video was filmed long ago?
we all worry for Sasha, but quite often athletes have to train through colds and minor injuries. No one will give up training for something not too serious. Although, given the current situation, any cold symptoms should require quarantine, in my opinion, just to be safe. However, my assumption would be that Sasha probably got tested to exclude the threat of the virus.

ali0125

On the Ice
Country
Australia
Wow, so according to Plushenko - Sasha decided to leave Sambo70 for AOP, and her dad suggested Plusheko to hire Hot Sergei, which IMO triggered the departure of Zhilina sisters and Aliona :palmf: (this emoji is for EG lol)

Also I don't think Kamila deserves ten really. Her spins definitely deserve bonus plus plus. But PCS, no. Her SS, use of edge, flow, interpretation of music etc - above junior average (even in junior field, IMO Ksensia Sinitsyna and Tomoe Kawabata - you may name more - are better with a margin) but not exceptional among seniors, 8.5 -8.75 (if we don't factor in reputation) is the reasonable range.

lesnar001

Record Breaker
Already luring most likely, quite possibly even by proxy of Rudkovskaya ...
I think he did and probably does care about Alina's future in skating.
She showed by her actions that she wasn't going to bow out right after 2018.
The fact that she was determined enough to continue the next season after her OGM
The fact that she won Worlds in 2019 . And her expressed desire about longevity.
After all, she spoke to Johnny Weir also on that subject. Maybe others she encountered in her ice shows.

But I look at this as kind of a betrayal of a confidence.
I'm 99.9999% sure that Alina did NOT tell Eteri beforehand she was looking at Plushy as a potential coaching change.

Novalis

Record Breaker
Wow, so according to Plushenko - Sasha decided to leave Sambo70 for AOP, and her dad suggested Plusheko to hire Hot Sergei, which IMO triggered the departure of Zhilina sisters and Aliona :palmf: (this emoji is for EG lol)

Also I don't think Kamila deserves ten really. Her spins definitely deserve bonus plus plus. But PCS, no. Her SS, use of edge, flow, interpretation of music etc - above junior average (even in junior field, IMO Ksensia Sinitsyna and Tomoe Kawabata are better with a margin) but not exceptional among seniors, 8.5 -8.75 (if we don't factor in reputation) is the reasonable range.
Yes, of course there should be no tens, giving tens to a 14 year old girl with a lot to learn is of course wrong. But it's a Russian domestic competition. They are all overscored. But how much they are overscored in an absolute sense is not the point. It is how they are relatively scored against each other. And in relative sense, if Kamila gets 37 PCS in the short and Sasha 34, then my opinion is that Kamila is not the one who is overscored in PCS points. The gap should be bigger

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I am certain Valiyeva and her trainers are far more reasonable over the scoring and its 'relativity' than the other camp. Tutberidze after all is know for 'working the code to its maximum'. Valiyeva will take it as a learning experience and just continue to work.

Trusova with a triksel - five quad no falls routine and current PCS is a destroyer, no doubt about that. So if this is the planned path of deployment (which she could have been reached even past season), nothing has really changed for Aleksandra and the rest is just PR bull.