Practice Cam Chat | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Practice Cam Chat

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, I just corrected myself in a later post because I discovered there was a part missing from Jackie tweets, but thank you for sharing your observation as well :thank:

I´m also a bit worried about a possible hip injury, i´m hoping she isn´t hurting herself. Her sals are usually good so maybe a good idea to change it with a loop, but it seems odd that she didn´t actually do in practice today if she is replacing it.

About 3T-3T, maybe I´m wrong, but did Gracie ever do one? 3T never seems to be her favorite jump, she had a pretty rough landing on it in Nebelhorn, she seems off axis, but maybe because it was late in the program. Possible she actually doesn´t jump it that much either, since it´s one of the "easiest" jumps. But some skaters actually never get on terms with toeloop and have better success with lutz.

Whatever she does, I´m also just want her to have a good skate and feel good about herself :) I´m really looking forward to watch her tonight!

I'm still nauseous. Maybe if I try watching it from behind the iPhome camera it will be better.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm so happy for Donovan, his first GP assignment and I LOVE that he is so serious about representing his country....not that he was born elsewhere and found somewhere to compete for (not that there is anything wrong with that, i'd do it myself if I could get better assignments). Is this the first senior GP assignment for a Mexican skater, or just for him?

Country
Norway
I'm still nauseous. Maybe if I try watching it from behind the iPhome camera it will be better.
I´m trying not to expect too much, but try to just enjoy her skate today (all though of course I wan´t her to skate clean). She is clearly very prepared with her jumps and all, so I feel she has done everything to be ready and I try to think that that is something I have to remember no matter result!

(But I know myself that i´m going to get nervous still)

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is there going to be a napping time available or are they going straight to competition?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I´m trying not to expect too much, but try to just enjoy her skate today (all though of course I wan´t her to skate clean). She is clearly very prepared with her jumps and all, so I feel she has done everything to be ready and I try to think that that is something I have to remember no matter result!

(But I know myself that i´m going to get nervous still)
She has set some VERY high goals for herself and if she does not achieve them (and I am not counting her out) I don’t want her to get discouraged. She’s already accomplished one (a second International assignment). Winning the skate off at Champs Camp should also have given her confidence

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm so happy for Donovan, his first GP assignment and I LOVE that he is so serious about representing his country....not that he was born elsewhere and found somewhere to compete for (not that there is anything wrong with that, i'd do it myself if I could get better assignments). Is this the first senior GP assignment for a Mexican skater, or just for him?

Michele Cantù in 2006, Skate America.

But of course I am so thrilled for Donovan as well. And I love the three cuts of music in the SP and think they're fine for this program, (well I'd rather have the original Hit the Road Jack)

Back to practice....

Country
Norway
She has set some VERY high goals for herself and if she does not achieve them (and I am not counting her out) I don’t want her to get discouraged. She’s already accomplished one (a second International assignment). Winning the skate off at Champs Camp should also have given her confidence
That is true, I really hope she doesn´t go so hard on herself. Like you said, she achieved so much already, bus yes she has set some very high goals.

I think she will get a lot of support from the audience and I hope she can take it all in. Starting first is not the best score wise but the audience is going to love that Gracie is kicking off them womens SP :love:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That is true, I really hope she doesn´t go so hard on herself. Like you said, she achieved so much already, bus yes she has set some very high goals.

I think she will get a lot of support from the audience and I hope she can take it all in. Starting first is not the best score wise but the audience is going to love that Gracie is kicking off them womens SP :love:
Will she get international standing points no matter what or does she have to be top 6?

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States
anyone know what time practices are tomorrow? I know the gala practice is at 5:45 so I think I'm going to that and can try to post updates? I don't see them on the peacock schedule