Recommendations for my second boots | Golden Skate

Recommendations for my second boots

ilovetoskate_

Spectator
Hello,
I am currently considering buying my second pair of ice skates however I am unsure of what brand to get and when my current boots will no longer be good enough. Some suggestions of possible boots would be greatly appreciated so I will have some idea before I get my next pair fitted of what might work for me and potential price range.

Currently I am uk learn to skate level 8 and around half way through, and also working on one foot spins and waltz jumps in my own time.

My boots currently look like they still have some life left in them but I am unsure of when they won’t be right for me anymore level wise, on the Graf website they seem to be rated at about 20-25/100. One of my boots has an ancle crease however it isn’t so deep that it is collapsing so I am not too concerned.

When I bought my last pair of skates I tried on my Graf 500 and also edea waves however I was told that edea probably wouldn’t be the best for me as they have a higher heal and I have low arches and wide flat feet. I have also had to add orthopaedic insoles into my boots due to this.

I would be interested in maybe getting Graf again however they seem to be hard to get in the uk unless they are the high level boots like Richmond and Edmonton.

As for my feet I am an Egyptian toe shape, I weigh around 48 kg and I am hight wise around 5,1.

Let me know if anymore information is needed.Thank you so much for reading any help is greatly appreciated 😊

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hello,
I am currently considering buying my second pair of ice skates however I am unsure of what brand to get and when my current boots will no longer be good enough. Some suggestions of possible boots would be greatly appreciated so I will have some idea before I get my next pair fitted of what might work for me and potential price range.

Currently I am uk learn to skate level 8 and around half way through, and also working on one foot spins and waltz jumps in my own time.

My boots currently look like they still have some life left in them but I am unsure of when they won’t be right for me anymore level wise, on the Graf website they seem to be rated at about 20-25/100. One of my boots has an ancle crease however it isn’t so deep that it is collapsing so I am not too concerned.

When I bought my last pair of skates I tried on my Graf 500 and also edea waves however I was told that edea probably wouldn’t be the best for me as they have a higher heal and I have low arches and wide flat feet. I have also had to add orthopaedic insoles into my boots due to this.

I would be interested in maybe getting Graf again however they seem to be hard to get in the uk unless they are the high level boots like Richmond and Edmonton.

As for my feet I am an Egyptian toe shape, I weigh around 48 kg and I am hight wise around 5,1.

Let me know if anymore information is needed.Thank you so much for reading any help is greatly appreciated 😊
With your foot shape, flat arches, and wide feet look at Jackson skates. The Debut should be stiff enough for you and your skills for a while. Your current boots sound broken down and with your needs and skill set as well as height/weight, they aren't stiff enough.

Know that if you do look at Jackson Debut, it is boot only, so you will need blades to go with it. John Wilson Coronation Ace or MK Professional: traditional style only would work fine with them for your level.

Good luck!

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Yes, Graf boots - other than the basic entry level 500 and Bolero - are hard to come by in the UK and the Richmond and Edmonton models would be really uncomfortable and hinder your progress at this stage.

As @Ic3Rabbit has suggested, I'd also recommend Jackson Debut with either traditional Coronation Ace or MK Professional. If you can't get either of those in the traditional version, I'd recommend Legacy 7 (not 8) over the Lite versions of the above. I'm watching too many people struggle with those Lites, while others progress smoothly on the Legacy 7. Plenty of time to upgrade to the traditional Aces or Pros when they're more readily available and you feel you need something "more".

Bootwise, you could also try Risport, either the Electra or the RF3 Pro would be suitable.

If you can get to either Al's Skate Shop in Blackpool or Everglides in Gosport, those are the best fitters in the UK and they will save you time, money and pain. It's really vital to remember, however, that they can only fit properly with feedback from you. "Okay" isn't a valid response to the question, "How does that feel?" No matter how experienced the fitter, they can't feel what you feel so you need to provide them with every single piece of information about how your feet feel, positive and negative. I honestly can't stress this enough.