Revised procedures for minimum TES for 2021 Worlds | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Revised procedures for minimum TES for 2021 Worlds

Andrea82

Medalist
Going through the updated list of best TES scores in the last 3 seasons for each skaters, the following obtained it through the Video Evaluation

Men
(minimums 34/64)

Yauhenii PUZANAU
SP 30.05
FS 60.74

Valtter VIRTANEN
FS 65.14

Mikhail SHAIDOROV
SP 40.19
FS 69.59
(he obtained the minimums for World Champs at Sofia Trophy this weekend anyway: 35.73 and 64.60)

Davide LEWTON BRAIN
FS 60.32

Kornel WITKOWSKI
SP 32.79

Pablo GARCIA
SP 31.74
FS 62.12

Ladies
minimums: 30/51

Emmy MA
FS 56.65
(she obtained the mimimum also at Challenge Cup: 54.58)

Laura KARHUNEN
FS 46.61

Aldis Kara BERGSDOTTIR
SP 20.67
FS 45.65

Tara PRASAD
SP 21.49
FS 27.12

Nelli IOFFE
SP 31.32
(she scored 31.15 at Challenge Cup too)

Andrea MONTESINOS CANTU
SP 30.38
FS 49.66

Dasa GRM
FS 58.09

Last edited:

readernick

Medalist
Pair

Minimums 27/44

Chloe CHOINARD / Livio MAYR
SP 22.48
FS 38.21

Anastasiia METELKINA / Daniil PARKMAN
SP 37.46
FS 62.73

Anastasia VAIPAN-LAW / Luke DIGBY
SP 22.91
FS 40.81

Greta CRAFOORD / John CRAFOORD
SP 24.88
FS 50.99

Sofiia HOLICHENKO / Artem DARENSKYI
SP 29.13
FS 48.89

Alexa KNIERIM / Brandon FRAZIER
SP 41.67
FS 71.85

Thanks for the information. It is quite funny how much higher Knierim/ Fraziers TES scores are... Congratulations to all the skaters who got their minimums.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Going through the updated list of best TES scores in the last 3 seasons for each skaters, the following obtained it through the Video Evaluation ...

Pair

Minimums 27/44

Chloe CHOINARD / Livio MAYR
SP 22.48
FS 38.21

Anastasiia METELKINA / Daniil PARKMAN
SP 37.46
FS 62.73

Anastasia VAIPAN-LAW / Luke DIGBY
SP 22.91
FS 40.81

Greta CRAFOORD / John CRAFOORD
SP 24.88
FS 50.99

Sofiia HOLICHENKO / Artem DARENSKYI
SP 29.13
FS 48.89

Alexa KNIERIM / Brandon FRAZIER
SP 41.67
FS 71.85

More re pairs:

Emily CHAN / Spencer Akira HOWE also received scores from TES Video Evaluation.

SP 30.39
FS 49.98

(They are the third alternates for Team USA, and they achieved both minimums for 2021 Worlds.)​

Dance
minimums: 33/47 ...

Charlotte LAFOND-FOURNIER / Richard Kang In KAM
RD 32.33
FD 46.76 ...

For dance, a side benefit of the ISU video listing for Richard Kam and his partner is the news that they will represent New Zealand (where he was born).

In December, Jordan Cowan had provided some On Ice Perspectives video of the new partnership ... but up until now (AFAIK), there had been no public information as to which country they would represent.

Although Richard and Charlotte did not qualify for 2021 Worlds, they came very close to both TES minimums!
Good luck to them for next season. :)

Last edited:
Country
Norway
Going through the updated list of best TES scores in the last 3 seasons for each skaters, the following obtained it through the Video Evaluation

Men
(minimums 34/64)

Yauhenii PUZANAU
SP 30.05
FS 60.74

Valtter VIRTANEN
FS 65.14

Mikhail SHAIDOROV
SP 40.19
FS 69.59
(he obtained the minimums for World Champs at Sofia Trophy this weekend anyway: 35.73 and 64.60)

Davide LEWTON BRAIN
FS 60.32

Kornel WITKOWSKI
SP 32.79

Pablo GARCIA
SP 31.74
FS 62.12

Ladies
minimums: 30/51

Emmy MA
FS 56.65
(she obtained the mimimum also at Challenge Cup: 54.58)

Laura KARHUNEN
FS 46.61

Aldis Kara BERGSDOTTIR
SP 20.67
FS 45.65

Tara PRASAD
SP 21.49
FS 27.12

Nelli IOFFE
SP 31.32
(she scored 31.15 at Challenge Cup too)

Andrea MONTESINOS CANTU
SP 30.38
FS 49.66

Dasa GRM
FS 58.09
I guess this is the list of everyone who applied for the video evolution? Because the men I have put in bold obviously didn´t get the TES, so i´m guessing they did not qualify!

I can´t see Sondre here, i´m afraid he never send a tape after all :(

Very pleased to see that both Valter and Dasa get the TES. The latter has really struggled to get it after she suddenly wasn´t qualified last year because of the sudden chance in the ladies FS score. I also noticed she was competing this weekend and didn´t get it, so I thought she might not get it this year either. What a nice surprise!

Btw, where did you find the new TES scores? I tried to look at the ISU biography profiles but I failed to find the new scores, for example on Valter, I just see old results :scratch2:

Last edited:

DenissVFan

Medalist
I guess this is the list of everyone who applied for the video evolution? Because the men I have put in bold obviously didn´t get the TES, so i´m guessing they did not qualify!

I can´t see Sondre here, i´m afraid he never send a tape after all :(

Very pleased to see that both Valter and Dasa get the TES. The latter has really struggled to get it after she suddenly wasn´t qualified last year because of the sudden chance in the ladies FS score. I also noticed she was competing this weekend and didn´t get it, so I thought she might not get it this year either. What a nice surprise!

Btw, where did you find the new TES scores? I tried to look at the ISU biography profiles but I failed to find the new scores, for example on Valter, I just see old results :scratch2:
Men's TES scores (updated today):
http://www.isuresults.com/isujsstat/tes3/stsmjustsen3.htm

Sondre may have sent a tape, but his TES may have been lower than his highest score to date and that's why it's not included.

ETA: When I checked this page earlier today, it listed Sondre's scores from Nordics and Santa Claus Cup and now it lists Volvo Cup and 2019 Euros 🤔
ETA 2: I looked at a 1 season's list earlier, that's why I saw different competitions.

Last edited:
Country
Norway
Men's TES scores (updated today):
http://www.isuresults.com/isujsstat/tes3/stsmjustsen3.htm

Sondre may have sent a tape, but his TES may have been lower than his highest score to date and that's why it's not included.

ETA: When I checked this page earlier today, it listed Sondre's scores from Nordics and Santa Claus Cup and now it lists Volvo Cup and 2019 Euros 🤔
ETA 2: I looked at a 1 season's list earlier, that's why I saw different competitions.
Thank you for the link! It´s a good point, he could have sent it but scored lower than his previous best. If you look at the dates for the FS and SP, for those who got it trough the video evaluation it seems they judges the SP at the 24th and the FS at the 25th of February. So I think the skaters may have known already before the weekend.

DenissVFan

Medalist
I wonder if any of the other Czech guys applied (if so, they didn't make it). They have two spots but only Michal has the TES in both segments.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
This list covers the 2019/2020 and 2020/2021 seasons, so it may be used to establish who reached the minimum TES.
I only found one for men, so if anyone else found other disciplines, please post the links :)
http://www.isuresults.com/isujsstat/tes/stsmjustsen.htm

Ladies http://www.isuresults.com/isujsstat/tes3/stsljustsen3.htm

Pairs http://www.isuresults.com/isujsstat/tes3/stspjustsen3.htm

Ice dance http://www.isuresults.com/isujsstat/tes3/stsdjustsen3.htm

So happy for Emmy! I guess they must go with the highest scores as she completed both Challenge Cup and TES video evaluation :)

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Congratulations to all who qualified! I’m especially excited to see Aldis Kara Bergsdottir on the list- is this the first time an Icelandic ladies skater has qualified for the World Championships?

DenissVFan

Medalist
Congratulations to all who qualified! I’m especially excited to see Aldis Kara Bergsdottir on the list- is this the first time an Icelandic ladies skater has qualified for the World Championships?
Sadly, she didn't reach the minimum in either segment (it's 30/51).

Andrea82

Medalist
More re pairs:

Emily CHAN / Spencer Akira HOWE also received scores from TES Video Evaluation.​
SP 30.39​
FS 49.98​
(They are the third alternates for Team USA, and they achieved both minimums for 2021 Worlds.)​

Indeed! I was focusing on Knierim/Frazier and I forgot about them. As USA have to 2 spots, they were entitled to submit 2 pairs for evaluation.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for the information. It is quite funny how much higher Knierim/ Fraziers TES scores are... Congratulations to all the skaters who got their minimums.

Those are shock numbers for a brand new pair to earn from an international body, higher even that the top scoring Canadians.

Now I kinda want to see that tape.