RF3Pro vs Royal Pro. Need help selecting a model | Golden Skate

RF3Pro vs Royal Pro. Need help selecting a model

Janebar

Spectator
Hello! After having read multiple threads on here asking about boot recommendations I want to preempt my question by saying that yes, it would be wonderful to go to a reputable fitter and try all the available boots in the shop to know for sure which pair fits the best but I live in Oklahoma and we are lucky to have skating rinks at all. There are NO reputable fitters who can recommend a Risport boot for me (nobody deals with Risport here and I am particularly interested in Risport). My question is about the fit of RF3 Pros vs Royal Pros and to those of you who were lucky to have tried both and picked one.
Please share your insights and experiences.
I will have to order them online myself. I just need to decide on the model.
About me: adult high beginner skater. Working on single jumps. 5'3, 120lb. Normal feet, not wide, no issues.
Thank you for your time and expertise.

tinna

Spectator
Hi, this is just my two cents. I have tried them both and initially went with the RF line and am now switching to the Royal line. The reason is that I am short, as in 1.56 cm or 5'2. The RF goes higher up my ankle than the Royal. So with me having short calves the Royal makes pointing toes and bending and sit spins easier. This may not be an issue for taller skaters, but it was for me. I see you're an inch or so taller than I am, so this may or may not be relevant for you. Good luck!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hello! After having read multiple threads on here asking about boot recommendations I want to preempt my question by saying that yes, it would be wonderful to go to a reputable fitter and try all the available boots in the shop to know for sure which pair fits the best but I live in Oklahoma and we are lucky to have skating rinks at all. There are NO reputable fitters who can recommend a Risport boot for me (nobody deals with Risport here and I am particularly interested in Risport). My question is about the fit of RF3 Pros vs Royal Pros and to those of you who were lucky to have tried both and picked one.
Please share your insights and experiences.
I will have to order them online myself. I just need to decide on the model.
About me: adult high beginner skater. Working on single jumps. 5'3, 120lb. Normal feet, not wide, no issues.
Thank you for your time and expertise.
Royal Pro, that is if Risport is even for your specific foot. As far as skate pros, you would have to travel (IDK where you are in OK) But there are fitters on the line in Arkansas, as well as multiple in Dallas Tx area.
What blade are you looking at to go with the boots?

Timonerr_

Rinkside
Royal Pro, that is if Risport is even for your specific foot. As far as skate pros, you would have to travel (IDK where you are in OK) But there are fitters on the line in Arkansas, as well as multiple in Dallas Tx area.
What blade are you looking at to go with the boots?
Can I ask why Royal pro would be better for her? I have similar proportions and going to get risport just as her.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Can I ask why Royal pro would be better for her? I have similar proportions and going to get risport just as her.
Is your foot made for a Risport? That is the first question I have for you.

Timonerr_

Rinkside
Is your foot made for a Risport? That is the first question I have for you.
Yes, I tried them both RF3 pro and Royal pro and they fit great, unfortunately there’s no “professional fitter” in my country to measure you feet shape and all, you just try the boot and if it feels right then it’s that one.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
What country are you in? I know fitters all over.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I am going to stand by you needing a professional fitting and I know you can get one at Kristal Ice in Riga. One where they measure you and such properly and not just let you choose a boot. http://kristalice.lv/?page_id=289

If you are meant for a Risport boot you are going to be able to feel which b/t the two you are asking about is better for you. My suggestion is usually the Royal Pro at the stage of skating it requires due to it not being syntheticly made or as synthetic as the RF line and many feel it is more comfortable for them and makes it easier to point toes etc.

Timonerr_

Rinkside
I am going to stand by you needing a professional fitting and I know you can get one at Kristal Ice in Riga. One where they measure you and such properly and not just let you choose a boot. http://kristalice.lv/?page_id=289

If you are meant for a Risport boot you are going to be able to feel which b/t the two you are asking about is better for you. My suggestion is usually the Royal Pro at the stage of skating it requires due to it not being syntheticly made or as synthetic as the RF line and many feel it is more comfortable for them and makes it easier to point toes etc.
Yes she’s my usual skate shop, but she doesn’t have a single item of risport, and even her she’s not a profesional in that matter, she doesn’t have a clue about the differences in matrix legacy or matrix supreme

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Yes she’s my usual skate shop, but she doesn’t have a single item of risport, and even her she’s not a profesional in that matter, she doesn’t have a clue about the differences in matrix legacy or matrix supreme
I should point out here that some fitters don't stock Matrix blades because they have found little call for them. You can't really go wrong with MK or John Wilson and there's no point in holding stock in products you don't really believe in or get asked for regularly. Just because somebody doesn't know every detail about a product line that is not the world's favourite, doesn't necessarily make them "not professional". If @Ic3Rabbit rates them, they're almost certainly your best bet.