Risport, jackson or edeas | Golden Skate

Risport, jackson or edeas

Ashl3y

Spectator
Currently using Jackson elle fusion at the moment, doing jumps up to lutz and sit, scratch, camel and back spin. The elles that I have is 1.5 sizes bigger than the size I need and the sharpener sharpened too much of my toe pick off making it hard for me to land my jumps. My coach recomended boots rated for axels and coronation ace blades. I weigh about 40kg and have a narrow feet with Greek toes. I am considering the edea chorus, jackson debut or RF3 pros. Anyone have experience with the any of the boots above? Will the RF3 pros be a overboot?

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Currently using Jackson elle fusion at the moment, doing jumps up to lutz and sit, scratch, camel and back spin. The elles that I have is 1.5 sizes bigger than the size I need and the sharpener sharpened too much of my toe pick off making it hard for me to land my jumps. My coach recomended boots rated for axels and coronation ace blades. I weigh about 40kg and have a narrow feet with Greek toes. I am considering the edea chorus, jackson debut or RF3 pros. Anyone have experience with the any of the boots above? Will the RF3 pros be a overboot?
None of those will be an overboot and Coronation Aces will be perfect. The boots I would recommend for you, however, are the ones that fit your feet best. Please go to a recommended fitter in order to ascertain this properly and avoid any expensive mistakes. If you let us know where you are in the world, we can recommend a good fitter. :)

Ashl3y

Spectator
None of those will be an overboot and Coronation Aces will be perfect. The boots I would recommend for you, however, are the ones that fit your feet best. Please go to a recommended fitter in order to ascertain this properly and avoid any expensive mistakes. If you let us know where you are in the world, we can recommend a good fitter. :)
Thanks! I am leaning more towards the RF3 pros but read that they are really stiff and was concerened about overbooting, especially with my weight. I am in Sydney, Australia. The fitter I went to get the elles was from icemonster as they have the cheaper prices compared to other stores.

Last edited:

MiraiFan

Final Flight
Thanks! I am leaning more towards the RF3 pros but read that they are really stiff and was concerened about overbooting, especially with my weight. I am in Sydney, Australia. The fitter I went to get the elles was from icemonster as they have the cheaper prices compared to other stores.
So the fitter you went to sold you the wrong size? Wow...

Ashl3y

Spectator
So the fitter you went to sold you the wrong size? Wowhey thought I was going to grow into it
Yep, sadly... I am contemplating whether to go back and do the size research myself beforehand or head to a different store.

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Go to a real pro fitter and get fit properly for your foot and your needs.
This. Sadly, I can't help with a fitter recommendation as I'm in the UK. You should also do some research yourself by tracing and measuring your feet and comparing them with the manufacturers' tables for the different brands/boots. And do NOT buy blades without measuring the actual sole of the boot you intend to fit them too. The manufacturers' charts can be out on this as each pair of boots varies slightly.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
zip zop!

In Sydney you're probably best off going to iSkate at the Canterbury rink, as far as I know they fit the biggest range of brands.

BrandonCallaway

Spectator
if you want to land bigger jumps and want to get better technique axel and corona ace is the best boots. I'm using edea chorus and I'm comfortable because of the edea adjustable calf. My toes are comfortable and it is easy to land difficult jumps. I like the fact that edea boots can be made wider as it will suitable for your foot shape. The edea boots are lighter too so you can have good energy for your jumps. They have good rebound for jumps.

Last edited:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
if you want to land bigger jumps and want to get better technique axel and corona ace is the best boots. i am using edea chorus and i am comfortable because of the edea adjustable calf. My toes are comfortable and it is easy to land difficult jumps. I like the fact that edea boots can be made wider as it will suitable for your foot shape. The edea boots are lighter too so you can have good energy for your jumps. They have good rebound for jumps.
Uh, Coronation Ace is a blade. And while edea may work for you it doesn't for all skaters feet. OP says she wants to try Risport and if the fitter feels that is what is right for her then it is.

Ashl3y

Spectator
if you want to land bigger jumps and want to get better technique axel and corona ace is the best boots. i am using edea chorus and i am comfortable because of the edea adjustable calf. My toes are comfortable and it is easy to land difficult jumps. I like the fact that edea boots can be made wider as it will suitable for your foot shape. The edea boots are lighter too so you can have good energy for your jumps. They have good rebound for jumps.
Thank you! I decided to get the rf3 pros after trying them as well as the chorus and royal pro.

BrandonCallaway

Spectator
Uh, Coronation Ace is a blade. And while edea may work for you it doesn't for all skaters feet. OP says she wants to try Risport and if the fitter feels that is what is right for her then it is.
I totally respect your opinion, I was just trying to give a different perspective on it. I’m glad you’re recommending what’s right for the OP.

BrandonCallaway

Spectator
Thank you! I decided to get the rf3 pros after trying them as well as the chorus and royal pro.
I'm so happy to hear that. Skating will never get old. You can't get sick of it. The RF3 pro skates are great for the price. They are decent quality skates and will serve you well for a long time.