Anastasia Mishina / Aleksandr Galliamov

Ice Dance
Alexandra Stepanova / Ivan Bukin
Victoria Sinitsina / Nikita Katsalapov
Tiffany Zagorski / Jonathan Guerreiro

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Back in 2014, I thought Liza would never make a World team again after not making it to Sochi.
I am so glad for her. If no miracle happens like she can deliver FS content next year: 4T-2T 4T 3A 3Lz-3T 3F-2T-2T 3Lz 3Lo this is truly her last chance. I hope that she will make everything out of it. With no mistakes and 3 clean 3As she can score above 230. I can't see Kaori or Bradie scoring that high. With grave mistakes of either of Anna/Sasha/Rika perfect Liza can outscore them. Making the world's podium would be an impressive final bang for this outstanding skater. (I don't wish that any of skaters fail).

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Happy for Liza! Not sure if that means bigger chances for Olympics though...

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I am so glad for her. If no miracle happens like she can deliver FS content next year: 4T-2T 4T 3A 3Lz-3T 3F-2T-2T 3Lz 3Lo this is truly her last chance. I hope that she will make everything out of it. With no mistakes and 3 clean 3As she can score above 230. I can't see Kaori or Bradie scoring that high. With grave mistakes of either of Anna/Sasha/Rika perfect Liza can outscore them. Making the world's podium would be an impressive final bang for this outstanding skater. (I don't wish that any of skaters fail).
I'm also happy for LIza T. All he best to her at world's. I've followed the Russian ladies this season, but I don't remember her nailing 4toe in competition. Did she? Why are some posters so certain she has it? I wonder if 4toe is her her plan at world's. We'll see... exciting...

Amei

Record Breaker
I'm also happy for LIza T. All he best to her at world's. I've followed the Russian ladies this season, but I don't remember her nailing 4toe in competition. Did she? Why are some posters so certain she has it? I wonder if 4toe is her her plan at world's. We'll see... exciting...
The only time she has attempted a quad in competition was last season at Nationals, she fell and under-rotated it. Additionally, she replaced a fairly stable (at the time) triple axel and it blew up her entire performance she finished ninth in the FS.

Gourlie

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
I think she will play it safe. Liza has real chance for medal with three 3A, but she needs to skate clean and I guess her 4T is not stable yet.

RoundedBackCamel

On the Ice
I’m seeing all these “as expected” comments and thinks, “What? How is that expected?” Then I realized that this is discussing ladies’ and men’s. I follow men’s more closely, but happy for Liza. *wanders off to see who Semenenko is*

May be. But it's better for the Worlds viewership numbers. Folks want to see adults, rather than children on their monitors or screens.
I, too, used to think that sports fans would rather see adult competitions than children's. But I have come to believe that I was wrong. The only lady skaters that get more buzz than the newest crop of 14-year-olds is the coming crop of 10-year-olds.

Scott512

Record Breaker

I would like to see the Russian men do well enough where they can get a 3rd spot for the Olympics.

My goodness! 11th s so deserving of a world spot over someone who won Europeans and nationals last year. I guess it's the Russian federation working their magic again. ;)

Even Yagudin is dubious about this move and said Aliev would be able to score higher than Semenenko. But what does Yags know? ;) Hes only one of the all time greats. Yes hes a pain in the you know but he was a great great skater and knows the sport inside out.

I think most of us thought Mark K would get the nod over Dimitri if it went to they went with one of the younger guys. I guess the fed didn't see Mark skate at the team competition. ;)

Whatever happened to Russian nationals being the end all deciding world spots and I'm not talking about junior's? Junior nationals is for junior worlds.

Russia should be favored to win the team gold in the Olympics next season. But the men could cost them the team gold again.
The good news is the Russian team will have ladies and pairs to dominate and I guess keep their fingers crossed about dance and men.

Will both lady alternates Alyona and Nugu go to Stockholm as well? I think they both have to be there in case of injury or sickness and the Corona virus world we live in my have to be ready to go they have to train like they are actually one of the 3 at worlds. Especially Alyona because she's 1st off as an alternate.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Speaking of alternates, I was surprised to see only one alternate named for pairs. Can anyone enlighten me as to the reasoning?

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
My goodness! 11th s so deserving of a world spot over someone who won Europeans and nationals last year. I guess it's the Russian federation working their magic again. ;)
Hasn't Dima been ill since then? That may have factored into the decision, although I am sad for him.

The Russian Figure Skating Fed strategy thus far has been pretty bad, Evgeni S seems to be gaining momentum rather than having peaked at Nats. I think it's worth sending him.

Then there's the added benefit that if it all goes wrong then the Fed can blame and blacklist Evgeni S rather than Dima, which sounds like just the sort of thing they'd do.