Russian Junior Test Skates, 10-19 August 2020, Novogorsk | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Russian Junior Test Skates, 10-19 August 2020, Novogorsk

Amei

Record Breaker
you really believe that aliona did a list of skaters she doesn’t want to skate with?? i have to laugh lmaoo

Well at this point neither Kostornaia or her parents have come out and refuted Eteri's version of events

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
Well at this point neither Kostornaia or her parents have come out and refuted Eteri's version of events

Maybe because they don't want to be so petty and literally pick a fight on social media public for everyone to see. What Eteri did was very immature, especially given she is an adult and the person she is talking about is still only 16 years old.

Ifwe

Rinkside
Maybe because they don't want to be so petty and literally pick a fight on social media public for everyone to see. What Eteri did was very immature, especially given she is an adult and the person she is talking about is still only 16 years old.
exactly!! literally aliona is still getting hate and had to close her comments on ig twice it’s better for her not to say anything at the moment.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I mean how often does the choreography match the music with this choreographer? So, while I agree the choreo is completely unrelated to the music, that in itself not great evidence to support the purposeful copying theory. R&J songs are warhorses, it could just be coincidence. After all three of the young men are skating to Queen.

Yes, Romeo and Juliet is a warhorse.... but the SAME beginning cut, the SAME middle cut, and THE SAME ending, all with the same composer for each piece of music???? A coincidence??? That is no coincidence in my book. Someone copied someone. I have no idea who, but someone copied someone.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
BTW does anybody know something about Eva Kuts? I remember her from 2018/19 JGP season from Linz, then her partner has retired.

Pardon me for dredging up this ice dance-related post when everyone's busy discussing the girls... I finally realised that the coach Dmitrii Mikhailov who was accompanying the Plushenko academy skaters at test skates is the same Dmitrii Mikhailov of Kuts/Mikhailov who got bronze at JGP Linz in 2018!! :shocked:

(Apologies if everyone already knew about this, I'm slow on the uptake...)

I'm triply shocked because
1. I finally looked him up because I was wondering why everyone was admiring Sergei Rozanov's looks when there was this other cute, smiling, tall coach in Plushy's school. It's a generic name, but I can't believe I didn't recognise his face from Linz before!
2. Kuts/Mikhailov was a very pretty team, I'm kind of sad they didn't stick it out for longer :(
3. He is very young (only a couple of years younger than me), which makes me feel weird now. No wonder people are going on about 'Hot Sergei' and not 'Handsome Dima', a kid fresh off the JGP...

To reminisce, here's Kuts/Mikhailov's JGP rhythm dance in 2018: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktggb4I5X1A
I actually preferred this soft, smooth romantic take on tango to Shevchenko/Eremenko's RD at the same event (though I love the latter's quirkiness).

And yes, what's Eva Kuts doing now??

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Pardon me for dredging up this ice dance-related post when everyone's busy discussing the girls... I finally realised that the coach Dmitrii Mikhailov who was accompanying the Plushenko academy skaters at test skates is the same Dmitrii Mikhailov of Kuts/Mikhailov who got bronze at JGP Linz in 2018!! :shocked:

1. I finally looked him up because I was wondering why everyone was admiring Sergei Rozanov's looks when there was this other cute, smiling, tall coach in Plushy's school. It's a generic name, but I can't believe I didn't recognise his face from Linz before!
2. Kuts/Mikhailov was a very pretty team, I'm kind of sad they didn't stick it out for longer :(
3. He is very young (only a couple of years younger than me), which makes me feel weird now. No wonder people are going on about 'Hot Sergei' and not 'Handsome Dima', a kid fresh off the JGP...

To reminisce, here's Kuts/Mikhailov's JGP rhythm dance in 2018: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktggb4I5X1A
I actually preferred this soft, smooth romantic take on tango to Shevchenko/Eremenko's RD at the same event (though I love the latter's quirkiness).

Thanks, I didn't know it's him.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Guys, do you really think Plushy and his team stole a junior girl's music for one of the World and OG champion expectants? Daria is very talented but she is nothing yet compared to Sasha. Plus if this situation is bothering someone, it is Sasha.. Thinking logically, please...

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

He is working with Plush for one year. They had a separated group in the school included Titova and the Sarnovsky brothers.

What do you think about it Alexander Abt also became a coach of Plushenko Academy?:love:

FayD

spring will come 🌸
On the Ice
On the RJ programs, to me it makes little sense for either side to copy the other and the timing doesn't make tons of sense. The only thing I can come up with is maybe Sasha had this music picked when she was still with ET and her/Rozanov decided to use it still, while team Tut decided to give the music to Daria assuming Sasha won't use it after her transfer. Welp, I'm becoming conspiracy theorist now. :noshake:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
On the RJ programs, to me it makes little sense for either side to copy the other and the timing doesn't make tons of sense. The only thing I can come up with is maybe Sasha had this music picked when she was still with ET and her/Rozanov decided to use it still, while team Tut decided to give the music to Daria assuming Sasha won't use it after her transfer. Welp, I'm becoming conspiracy theorist now. :noshake:

Maybe. This is the best theory for me in this case.

icetug

Medalist
Yes, Romeo and Juliet is a warhorse.... but the SAME beginning cut, the SAME middle cut, and THE SAME ending, all with the same composer for each piece of music???? A coincidence??? That is no coincidence in my book. Someone copied someone. I have no idea who, but someone copied someone.

"O Verona" was used e.g. for Yuzuru (2011/12 version), Junhwan Cha (famous "Jun-lieeeet") and Young You's (last season SP) programs as the first music cut. "Come, Gentle Night" was used for Amelia Orzel's FS last season as the second music cut. "Montagues and Capulets" was used e.g. for Maria Sotskova's FS (2015/16) as the last music cut.
BUT nobody used Korzeniowski AND Prokofiev's music in one program till now (even Daniil for Alena mixed Korzeniowski with Rota and R+J). As you could hear, just because Prokofiev and Korzeniowski are quite incompatible... Whoever found it a good idea I hope will prove it in a good choreo. What Daniil proposed for Daria for test skating is far away from being good.

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
Whoever copied the other, or whatever the coincidence is, what worries me is that Daria’s music cuts were awful. I really hope Sasha’s aren’t like that. I’m rooting so much for her to have good programs this season.

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight

I checked his instagram page this week cause I also thought he was cute and found out about it too [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] #guilty

yume

🍉
Record Breaker

That's a better theory than saying that someone stole a music and created a program in 9 days when he has 444 other programs to work on.

silveruskate

On the Ice
That's a better theory than saying that someone stole a music and created a program in 9 days when he has 444 other programs to work on.

I'm going to put oil on the fire and say, that whole theory is possible even if we change the "assuming Sasha won't use it after her transfer" to "they knew Sasha was using it after her transfer". Endless possibilities!

Skatesocs

Final Flight
I think the lizard people just want to end Eteri's dominance. So they used the 5th dimension to steal Eteri's music choice and then inserted it into Plushy's head. Or vice versa, they want to bring Plushy down and inserted it into Eteri's head.