Russian Junior Test Skates, 10-19 August 2020, Novogorsk | Page 22 | Golden Skate

Russian Junior Test Skates, 10-19 August 2020, Novogorsk

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I think the lizard people just want to end Eteri's dominance. So they used the 5th dimension to steal Eteri's music choice and then inserted it into Plushy's head. Or vice versa, they want to bring Plushy down and inserted it into Eteri's head.

I'm interested by how music choice can bring someone down;)

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
He is working with Plush for one year. They had a separated group in the school included Titova and the Sarnovsky brothers.

What do you think about it Alexander Abt also became a coach of Plushenko Academy?:love:

Is that news you heard, or just a hypothetical question? I liked Abt as a skater, happy with whatever he chooses to do :)

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
Honestly, I've never understood why people find it a good idea to mix different types of R&J together. Like using just one movie soundtrack can make a good program too (i.e Gubanova's program), and if you do want to mix them together, don't mix the light and comfortable Korzeniowski and the dramatic and heavy Prokofiev in one program, or, if you must, at least have some kind of transition between them.

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
Honestly, I've never understood why people find it a good idea to mix different types of R&J together. Like using just one movie soundtrack can make a good program too (i.e Gubanova's program), and if you do want to mix them together, don't mix the light and comfortable Korzeniowski and the dramatic and heavy Prokofiev in one program, or, if you must, at least have some kind of transition between them.

Exactly, considering they are from different movies, with different storylines and direction views, it makes no sense to me. Come gentle night is such a beautiful and light music that I can’t see how it would match Montagues and Capulettes. But it’s all a matter of cutting (cutting well), choreography and selling. If Aliona could sell a Twilight program which had terrible music cuts, anything can happen I guess.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
If Aliona could sell a Twilight program which had terrible music cuts, anything can happen I guess.

Hey, if Junhwan Cha can make so many people love or at least think fondly of his Junliet, quite literally anything can happen.

ruga

Final Flight
I agree, if these pieces weren't based on the same story, no one would even consider using them together. Obviously, if one is familiar with movie soundracks and classical music, it would make sense, but 'Come, Gentle Night' and 'Dance of the Knights' simply don't go together, unless there's a very smooth transition between them.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I rewatched Osokina's free skate and i have to say that her 2A-2T-2lo is the best 3 jumps combo with doubles that i've seen a Russian lady land. It's akward most of the time with no flow. Especially those with two 2T. I love her transitions even if there are a bit repetitive.
What she does before the 3lz:thumbsup:
For me she was the star of the event. She could have had a breakthrougth à la Sinitsyna in jgp.

Usacheva's 2A better become a 3A. It's her best jump. The first part of the free program is very dynamic so a 3A would fit well.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I rewatched Osokina's free skate and i have to say that her 2A-2T-2lo is the best 3 jumps combo with doubles that i've seen a Russian lady land. It's akward most of the time with no flow. Especially those with two 2T. I love her transitions even if there are a bit repetitive.
For me she was the star of the event. She could have had a breakthrougth à la Sinitsyna in jgp.

Usacheva's 2A better become a 3A. It's her best jump. The first part of the free program is very dynamic so a 3A would fit well.

In the interview Daria (and Dudakov) said they are working on 3A, but it's not ready yet.

Agree about Osokina.

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
wow! Very similar! But maybe this happens because of the music. I would like to see the skatings in one video video.

I actually don’t think they are that similar, and Maya’s is better. And I’m being totally honest, considering how much I dislike Daniil’s choreo, this one was really cool.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I actually don’t think they are that similar, and Maya’s is better. And I’m being totally honest, considering how much I dislike Daniil’s choreo, this one was really cool.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

I like Gubanova much more. She was one of my favorites some yeras ago. I preferred her instead of Nugumanova.

Amei

Record Breaker

Agree, ended up Youtubing her and watching some of her other performances, she's very unique and was the star of Test skates hopefully she can translate that to being the star of this odd season. Gotta root for my fellow ginger!

I love her transitions even if there are a bit repetitive.

I wish there was some more variety but it will be a nice break from the leg-kick transitions that we get a ton of ;)

vorravorra

Record Breaker