Seeking help IDing skaters in a jigsaw puzzle from 1972 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Seeking help IDing skaters in a jigsaw puzzle from 1972

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Isabeau was in a recent Sun Valley show, right?

Many skaters who are competing have skated at Sun Valley (Jason was a Labor Day regular when he was on the GP circuit. I'm still laying money he'll show up Labor Day this year ;) ).

I think, although I don't want to speak for another poster, they may be speaking of the much stricter rules of the 70s, when Juan Antonio Samaranch wanted "amateurs" to be "amateurs". I do not pretend to know the differences in the rules between then and now, but I know they are different. :)

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I think Isabeau was in a recent Sun Valley show, right?
She's a special guest this summer and IIRC was one last summer as well.

My point is there are eligible skaters as special guest performers as well as a few that are regular cast. Angela Wang skated in cast there for a few summers before turning pro. Harrison Wong JR/SR HK national champ as well as others skate in the show as reg cast along with the pros.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
my best guess is Peter Burrows and Sjoukje Dijkstra.
I'm not sure what pictures you looked at, but a quick image search will show that it's not Sjoukje Dijkstra in the jigsaw photo. She had blond hair and short, thick legs. Although Burrows had somewhat similar dark hair and features in his youth, that doesn't appear to be him in the jigsaw photo either. Nice guesses though. :)

I would bet at this point, that it's the Militano siblings in the jigsaw photo.

ETA:
The linked Pinterest photo above shows a young Peter Burrows with his first wife and pairs partner, Valerie Holman-Hunt. They were British pairs champions in 1962. The jigsaw photo is apparently dated ten years later.

Last edited: