Shoma Uno lands 4Lo in practice at Nationals | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno lands 4Lo in practice at Nationals

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Dayum that's so clean, and the edgework going into it makes it exceedingly difficult. Good on Shoma for getting it back, but bringing it to competition will be quite a test. He needs it to have a shot at challenging Yuzu.

He's 5 points behind Yuzu after the short at Japan Nationals. After a difficult season so far, he is well on his way to challenging Yuzu.

tafattsbarn

Rinkside
He's 5 points behind Yuzu after the short at Japan Nationals. After a difficult season so far, he is well on his way to challenging Yuzu.

His planned tech isn't enough to challenge Yuzu at this point unless Yuzu makes several severe mistakes.

Also, this is nationals, and we all know that the JSF loves Shoma. I'm not sure he would've scored 105 for that skate internationally, while Yuzu is very much capable of scoring as he did here internationally.

readernick

Medalist
His planned tech isn't enough to challenge Yuzu at this point unless Yuzu makes several severe mistakes.

Also, this is nationals, and we all know that the JSF loves Shoma. I'm not sure he would've scored 105 for that skate internationally, while Yuzu is very much capable of scoring as he did here internationally.

I think his score here was fair. Surprisingly,(we all know he has trouble checking his jumps) Shoma had some really good smooth landings here. Yuzuru's landings weren't to their usual standard. The international judges love Shoma, too. He has scored over 104 in the short program many times internationally.

However, Yuzuru should still win this easily. I don't think Shoma is planning to do a lot of quads in the long program.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I think his score here was fair. Surprisingly,(we all know he has trouble checking his jumps) Shoma had some really good smooth landings here. Yuzuru's landings weren't to their usual standard. The international judges love Shoma, too. He has scored over 104 in the short program many times internationally.

However, Yuzuru should still win this easily. I don't think Shoma is planning to do a lot of quads in the long program.

Shoma surprisingly did do 3 quads in the FS but the loop was not one of them. In fact he erred on his 3L and I wonder if training the 4L affected that (like the 4A training has affected Hanyu’s 3A). He still won though!

readernick

Medalist
Shoma surprisingly did do 3 quads in the FS but the loop was not one of them. In fact he erred on his 3L and I wonder if training the 4L affected that (like the 4A training has affected Hanyu’s 3A). He still won though!

Yes, bit of a shocking result. Happy for Shoma!