Shoma Uno | Page 1031 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Arriba627

WORLD CHAMPION Mea Shomenta🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just read a GS post of mine that I wrote on April 7, 2018. "I think Kenji really understands Shoma, and I've often wondered how his choreo would work for Sho. I know he's done a few things for Keiji, and the idea of them collaborating intrigues me." Guess I got my answer with last season's SP and Air/Mea Shomenta. :points:

yesterday

Medalist
ISU doing a nice job with their giphies as always :biggrin:

450400_ezgif.comgifmaker11.gif

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
🦃Giving thanks for so many things today! Happy Thanksgiving if you celebrated...Here is something I am giving thanks for. I always get so annoyed when I listen to TSL and they are dismissive of Shoma and his efforts. I was very thankful to hear them show appreciation for Shoma's skating. In case you missed it:

D: This Shoma free skate is a masterpiece. It gets better every time.

J: I can't remember which one I was watching. I think it's the FS where he does the choreographic sequence and puts his arms behind him. It's just magic and slow and he hits one pose at a time, and I can take it in. It's stunning. I just LOVE it.

D: His skating skills! Even the way he does his crossovers with such finesse and musicality. He is in time with the music when he is skating. He is putting on a master class in the second mark that we haven't seen -- maybe ever in the men's field? To me, it's beyond Patrick Chan. Patrick had a dexterity and an ability to use difficult turns on one foot in a way with transitions. Often then when the skating skills are SO good, then the jumps also falter because they have to slow down -- especially you'll see on lutzes and things like that. Watch Shoma's ability to go in and out of the jumps. His ability to use turns, movement, multi-directional skating, where he's going counterclockwise and clockwise. It's just phenomenal. I think this free program is just exceptional.

They then went on to discuss the SP which they don't particularly care for...Personally, I think Gravity is rather controversial. It seems people either really like it or are just meh about it!...So on a day of giving thanks, I am giving thanks for Shoma's amazing skating and skating skills and the privilege of being his fan! :rock:

Last edited:

Figskater23

On the Ice
It’ll probably be a while before Shoma does another video for his YouTube channel but I just thought of an idea for video content. He should have Rio Nakata be a special guest on his channel like he did with Marin and Kazuki. Rio looks up to him so much and I think it would make his day to spend it with Shoma. They could do a fun answer questions game, have a skating dance battle, talk about games… the list goes on.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Our Prince will have good company from Japan at the GPF as Sota, Shun and Kao have all also made the final (along with Malinin and Grassl). Looking forward to the competition in Torino!
As we say "It's going to be a barn burner!!!!" Should be great...I was wondering why Sho wasn't going to Switzerland sooner, but it looks like Stepen is performing in an ice show? maybe in Italy? Wow, he is a busy guy!

Here is the complete list of GPF participants.

jerrymouse333

On the Ice
Country
Japan

Can’t wait for 25ans magazine.
Shoma will be 25ans next month.
4 years have passed.

I hoped Shoma fans to give him poodle pajamas and Uno mama :ROFLMAO:
To cheer us up a little bit, I hope someone will give him these new pajamas! Could it be possible they were inspired by the 4 moffs (plus Pam)? The ad says the items went on sale yesteday.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^Right away when I saw those pjs, I was wishing Santa 🎅would bring me a pair. I tried going to the Gelato Pique website for US and Japan's site too but didn't see them. Hopefully Shoma will model them for us. Adding: Now I see they have a lot of the Toy Poo stuff on the Japan Gelato Pique site. Interesting that a lot of it is already sold out. Why does that not surprise me?! LOL! https://gelatopique.com/Form/Produc...id=PWNO22507000399&bid=PIQ01&&cid=&cat=&swrd=
Poodle pjs.jpg

Last edited:

yuumagical

The gravity-defying fire 🔥🔥🔥
Final Flight
Country
United-States
The Grand Prix final should stream on Peacock in the US right just like the other Grand Prix assignments?
Yeah, I saw some of the video placeholders for it earlier while looking for GP Finland videos to bookmark before it happened. It's definitely streaming on Peacock (although it's gonna be hard to get up at 4 am to watch the senior men's free skate. :dbana:). Now that I think about it, I think they'll only be streaming the senior events, not the junior events.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Grand Prix final should stream on Peacock in the US right just like the other Grand Prix assignments?
That's correct. I finally broke down and installed the Proton VPN, as suggested by GS's moonvine. I love it because I then can watch on the ISU channel (which has had Mark Hanretty's commentary). Replays are also available. Some install the Opera browser and watch on that. I'm on Central time, so the times to watch live are a little early for me, but not terrible. (oops, I see yuumagical already answered you)

yesterday

Medalist
Yeah, I saw some of the video placeholders for it earlier while looking for GP Finland videos to bookmark before it happened. It's definitely streaming on Peacock (although it's gonna be hard to get up at 4 am to watch the senior men's free skate. :dbana:). Now that I think about it, I think they'll only be streaming the senior events, not the junior events.
ISU could have both? I hope, as they also do all the JGPs 🤔