Shoma Uno | Page 556 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

iorii

On the Ice
gacchan, please don't enable me :slink:

We will never let that quote die, won't we?

Shomalopment! Shoma's character development! (don't mind me!)

I'm glad, he appears to be more and more enjoying himself. He's appearing more with Itsuki too, I'm sure Itsuki's presence means a lot to him. :)

This is sudden but is there a chance we could see Shoma with slicked-back hair again... I miss it. 2016-2017 was a blessing with him and Yuzu his senpai performing with that kind of hairstyle.

sayaka1030

On the Ice
This is sudden but is there a chance we could see Shoma with slicked-back hair again... I miss it. 2016-2017 was a blessing with him and Yuzu his senpai performing with that kind of hairstyle.

Hmm I only remember Shoma as having curly hair in 2016-2017, not so slicked back...
I personally didn’t like Shomas hair too curly in 2016-2017, although I did like Yuzu’s LGC hairstyle.

https://youtu.be/_HLNwPyKnhU

To me slicked back is like this?
(sorry for linking a Japanese broadcast...the comments on the other ones...)
I think Shoma said he didn’t like this hairstyle or costume and will never do it again for some reason...he usually doesn’t care.
Last season Shoma’s mom liked to experiment a lot with his hairstyle and it changed rapidly.

There is a chance though this season for him to slick it back for the SP, since it has a flamenco flair.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
4CC 2018 -- slicked back hair. Shoma definitely didn't like it. I didn't either... Other people's hairstyles? :scratch3:

iorii

On the Ice
Perhaps 'slicked back' isn't the right term...

The one sayaka linked wasn't what I meant. It's--too proper? It's this https://youtu.be/8eqgI6-DUTc only some parts, the rest is still a bit messy. Okay I'm bad at wording we can forget this :laugh:

sayaka1030

On the Ice

The one sayaka linked wasn't what I meant. It's--too proper? It's this https://youtu.be/8eqgI6-DUTc only some parts, the rest is still a bit messy. Okay I'm bad at wording we can forget this :laugh:

Oh, I now see what you mean:) he had his hair parted on the side and his bangs up. Yes I like this hairstyle too.
Yuzu just parted his hair on the opposite side than usual and it made such a difference.

gacchan

On the Ice
4CC 2018 -- slicked back hair. Shoma definitely didn't like it. I didn't either... Other people's hairstyles? :scratch3:

4CC 2018 definitely..no good. Hair was too long for that hair-style and overall was even worse with bananadot (the costume in ice show looks like gold colour which was great, but in 4CC....meh). I think Shoma's face looks bigger than it should be...

On the other hand, I like Shoma's hairstyle in 2016-17, or in OG 2018

c3zara

On the Ice
Country
Romania

I get what you mean and I’m a big fan of that hairstyle too, it made him look more mature imo. But I think that the Loco costume was a perfect match for it, I don’t know if it would look as good with the costume he’s been wearing lately for his sp...but maybe that’s not his final costume, with Shomita you never know

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker

Yeah social media and the skating fandom went nuts when he showed up not only with that hairstyle but the Yellow. I had to chuckle
reading all the armchair critics. I did not like the hairstyle but I was one of the few folks that liked the Yellow (beautiful detail) besides he
said in interview that his other costume was being cleaned so that was the reason he was wearing the Yellow.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Haha, something I found interesting about the interview was that it seems that the Japanese generally don't consider seafood to be meat.

Russians do that, too. I don't think I'll ever get it through my mama's head that seafood is meat. :laugh:

gacchan

On the Ice
As for "Spoken!", I tried to translate the part (that I can understand) between MC (Ishuin) and Uno brothers, cox the interaction between Shoma and Itsuki was really lovely. When Itsuki comment on Shoma, Shoma always try to "defend" himself (or tease Itsuki) lol.
Also it's interesting to hear the MC called Shoma "Shoma senshu" or even "Shoma kun" sometimes (yes Shoma is loved by Nagoya people!)

MC: Ishuin/ S: Shoma/ I: Itsuki

MC: (Itsuki-kun,) Could you introduce yourself?
(Shoma: smol Shoma giggles)
I: This is Uno Itsuki. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu.
MC: Oh, it’s OK even you are more casual/ relax (Itsuki: grin). The self-introduction is so formal!
MC: This is the first time that you two have interview together right?
S: Yes, this is our first time.
MC: (Itsuki-kun) What’s your feeling now?
I: This is fresh for me. (other staff: hahahaha)

MC: So…today you are going to spilled the true Shoma to us. First of all, regarding his absent-minded character, to what extent it is?
I: He’s so absent-minded that is incomparable to anyone else! (Shoma: giggles)
MC: Oh, is he really that bad?....
S: Nonono, it’s not only me who is absent-minded! I have said that…(trying hard to defend for himself that “he is not the only one”..)
MC: (interrupts) This section is letting Itsuki-kun talk about you, not asking you about Itsuki-kun, right? Itsuki-kun? (Shoma: giggles, Itsuki: smile and keep nodding his head)

MC: I have heard about there’s an episode about moose in ice show…
I: Right, Shoma took the shaving moose for hair set in ice show…
S: (laughs) aren’t you similar to me? (other staff: laughs)
MC: I guess fans there never thought that you made such mistake.
S: Cox we have to prepare many things at the same time…

(Then Shoma talked about how he “squeezed” a pebble out from the wound on his hand and gamer.)

MC: Are there any changes for his dining habit?
I: He now has shabu-shabu instead of steak in the morning.
MC: Shabu-shabu in the morning?
S: Oh…I feel that steak is too heavy to have in the morning…probably eat light food would be better, that’s why I have shabu-shabu.
MC: When people talk about light food, we usually think about something like cereal…guess that’s not the case for you. Then..about the title “niku-niku-niku…chocolate”…
S: I like sweets and eat a lot.
MC: I fully support niku-niku-niku chocolate dining style!
(S: Hahahaha)
I: Actually I have a sweet teeth too.
MC: But both of you don’t get fat even having so many sweets!
S: Oh we did.
MC: You guys said you get fat but then I look at myself…it’s a failure for me! (Shoma: hahahaha)
MC: (Itsuki-kun) Do you have chocolate as well?
I: I have chocolate too, but Shoma will steal my chocolate if I put it in fridge, so I have to put the chocolate in somewhere at freezer.
MC: So you have to hide it…but Shoma will find it even you do that right?
I: I bought coke 2 days ago and put it in fridge. Yesterday night I wanted to drink it, when I opened the fridge and can’t find it. Anyway I just head to Shoma’s room. Once I opened the door, I saw my coke was on the table.
MC: Probably you were thinking: “Oh Shoma did that again” (Shoma: lol)

MC: Though he is the brother who steals my Coke [S: hahaha] and doesn’t let me to win in game, he is really brilliant when he skates. What do you feel when he skates?
Itsuki: When he skates in competitions, he looks totally different from daily life.
MC: Oh I see.
S: (after looked at Ijuin and Itsuki) Sorry to interrupt, actually Itsuki seldom watches my competitions.
(everyone: hahaha)
Itsuki: (in murmur) I did…I did…

sayaka1030

On the Ice
https://dai.ly/x6ta6cg

The “meringue” interview, 2:59
Did anyone else note that when Shoma pulled out his wallet from his bag, it had a long chain attached to it?

I had a chuckle, remembering an episode provided by Tree-kun a while ago of Shoma once having his wallet in one hand and garbage bag in the other, and he put his wallet in the bin and took the trash with him!
https://youtu.be/-PmCy33juzQ

I suspect his mum decided to chain his wallet to his bag after that.

and don’t worry about the spoilt tea... Shoma seems to like green tea and with green tea you can instantly taste it if it’s gone bad.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I laughed when I saw the chain on the wallet. I suppose I shouldn't have though. Not too long ago, I couldn't find my credit card. I thought and thought about where it could be and discovered I had thrown it in my recycling bin along with a bunch of paper and other junk. Sometimes I can really identify with some of the crazy stuff Shomita does. I need a Tree-kun too to help me keep track of my stuff! :luv17:

firal

Record Breaker
I thought his wallet looked very fashionable! And very crafty to have two cellphones+cases glued together like that.

Lombardia next week already, can't wait! Japan is sending a very strong team; hope to see a good outing.

sayaka1030

On the Ice
I thought his wallet looked very fashionable! And very crafty to have two cellphones+cases glued together like that.

Lombardia next week already, can't wait! Japan is sending a very strong team; hope to see a good outing.

Now I am so addicted to Shoma that I HAVE to watch him LIVE, time difference or no time difference. I heard that there will be a live stream on Youtube channel? Can’t wait to see Shoma, and Kazuki too.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Now I am so addicted to Shoma that I HAVE to watch him LIVE, time difference or no time difference. I heard that there will be a live stream on Youtube channel? Can’t wait to see Shoma, and Kazuki too.

If I recall correctly, the livestream worked great last year. It will probably be listed in the Lombardia competition thread. Ah yes, welcome to the Prince's fandom of sleep-deprived, jet-lagged fans. My body clock was so messed up from staying up all through the night (last season) for competitions, and I'm sure it was the same for many others. The Asia ones usually seem to start at 2 in the morning for me. Europe can be a little better.

jerrymouse333

On the Ice
Country
Japan
I got an Everyday Shoma.:love:
It's excellent and I like it very much.
I love his way of thinking and his comments all the time.
Two thirds of the calendar is very serious and one third is something funny and all the photos are great.
I hope Ensky (calendar company) makes English version for dead banana club.:dbana:
I'd like to have one English version because I must learn English.
And one for Shoma because he would be interviewed in English.
I think it's good for him to know his comments in English.:agree:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^Maybe you'll have to give us a daily translation! :laugh: Not quite sure what happened, but I just ordered one from Amazon Japan. Last time I tried, it said it was not possible to ship it to the U.S. This time, it seems that the order went through. :clap: Maybe if any of you received that "unable to ship" message initially, you should try again too.

Adding -- Confirmation just arrived. $7.85 shipping, and item will be received between 9-18 and 9-21.