Shoma Uno | Page 882 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

16Olympics

On the Ice
Pardon me while I try to stop my eyes from watering. Must be allergies -- or possibly something else?! :ghug: :console: :palmf:

There is a video of Shoma and Stepen walking from the kiss and cry to the backstage where this convo started and the whole thing is recorded. If I could locate it I'd post it but maybe it's a good thing I can't b/c I fear it would just make your allergies act up. It's just too much.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There is a video of Shoma and Stepen walking from the kiss and cry to the backstage where this convo started and the whole thing is recorded. If I could locate it I'd post it but maybe it's a good thing I can't b/c I fear it would just make your allergies act up. It's just too much.
Here we go. Pardon me while I go get my Kleenex!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
We don't waste any time do we?! I'm already thinking the same. I'm guessing IdF and Rostelecom too and doubting there will be anything in N. America (unfortunately). Although there is always hope! Koshiro and Stepen were at Sk Amer in the 19-20 season, so one never knows! I know you're still on your quest to see the Prince live, so I wish you luck!
I think it’s most likely, because I don’t think JPN will want Uno and Kagiyama at the same event anywhere, and the Russians would want Kolyada win, so Uno is more likely pick for them from the top echelon... plus if the travel is still restricted... the problem is, French stage is, in my experience, usually poorly stacked vs all other stages, the Final is out of the way, and the Worlds is even worse. And I cannot travel to Russia....

that’s providing travel even exists by GP’s time.

Maple88

Rinkside
Oh boo hoo! So jealous of those of you who got to see Oboe. Geo-blocked for me.

Me too! I am watching This Town from the 2017 WTT gala, in an effort to maintain proper balance on this planet. It is the first time I notice his smile at 16:40

I’ve never seen him smile during this program, although I usually watch the one from 2018 4CC.

Lyyli

On the Ice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKCWNjxLh9g

Emma is not well unfortunately. Speedy recovery! Here´s the Google translation of Itsuki´s message:

To everyone who is looking forward to the reunion of Shoma and Emma
The reunion was delayed because Emma was hospitalized.
It's really spicy ...
I thought about uploading the video, but I'm worried if I postpone it without anything, so I announced it on YouTube.
I'm worried about Shoma, but it's okay because I leave it to the doctor to trust!
Hospitalization on the day when Shoma returns ...
Maybe the doctor has seasonal gastroenteritis? And wait for the test result

16Olympics

On the Ice
I think it’s most likely, because I don’t think JPN will want Uno and Kagiyama at the same event anywhere, and the Russians would want Kolyada win, so Uno is more likely pick for them from the top echelon... plus if the travel is still restricted... the problem is, French stage is, in my experience, usually poorly stacked vs all other stages, the Final is out of the way, and the Worlds is even worse. And I cannot travel to Russia....

that’s providing travel even exists by GP’s time.
IIRC there is a certain combination of the top 6 in rank who cannot meet at the GP to increase their chances of winning or 2nd place to set up for the GPF. So Nathan selects his preferences and the rest go in order I guess so they don't bump into one another at one of the events. But, if travel is restricted to their home event, that changes things. Hopefully, JSF will allow their skaters to go to the local GP events.

I'm curious about Shoma's programs. He said last night that they are both set and he'll make an announcement when the time comes. I'm thinking how great Benoit Richard would be for one of them.

I hope Emma is okay. Not sure what is going on but I'm sure all three pups and the family will be glad to have Shoma back home. There are a lot of shows in his immediate future and then he can get back to training new programs.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
IIRC there is a certain combination of the top 6 in rank who cannot meet at the GP to increase their chances of winning or 2nd place to set up for the GPF. So Nathan selects his preferences and the rest go in order I guess so they don't bump into one another at one of the events. But, if travel is restricted to their home event, that changes things. Hopefully, JSF will allow their skaters to go to the local GP events.

I'm curious about Shoma's programs. He said last night that they are both set and he'll make an announcement when the time comes. I'm thinking how great Benoit Richard would be for one of them.

I hope Emma is okay. Not sure what is going on but I'm sure all three pups and the family will be glad to have Shoma back home. There are a lot of shows in his immediate future and then he can get back to training new programs.
I think they don’t let the adjacent ranks to compete together, so Kagiyama cannot compete in the same GP event as Hanyu, but can be with Uno.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Shoma can chose to completely avoid Yuzu and Yuma in GP.... but that means he will be skating in the same events as Nathan.

16Olympics

On the Ice
Shoma can chose to completely avoid Yuzu and Yuma in GP.... but that means he will be skating in the same events as Nathan.
Is it based on the 2021 World's finish or the ranking b/c it WAS NC, YH and then SU in ranking, 2, 3,4 from Worlds for Japan.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
My understanding is It's based on 2021 World's finish. Unless, of course, ISU changed the rules.

4th place actually has more options than 3rd place, ironically. Although in this case, I think there may be "arrangements" made.

It is beneficial to get NHK for the Japanese skaters since they can do NHK --> GPF (Osaka) --> Nationals, with 2 weeks between each event. Would save a lot of traveling back and forth.

16Olympics

On the Ice
My understanding is It's based on 2021 World's finish. Unless, of course, ISU changed the rules.

4th place actually has more options than 3rd place, ironically. Although in this case, I think there may be "arrangements" made.

It is beneficial to get NHK for the Japanese skaters since they can do NHK --> GPF (Osaka) --> Nationals, with 2 weeks between each event. Would save a lot of traveling back and forth.
Thanks for the info. We won't know any time soon but hopefully we will have where each skater is going to worry about come October.

Maple88

Rinkside
Look who's home! And Emma looks so happy to see Masama! Looks like she has her energy back and is well.
They are adorable!

I love the shirt, it reminds me of a step sequence.

I didn’t have time to translate (it takes me forever using Google translate), but from other comments it seems like Toro is also not feeling well? Not sure, I hope it’s just something that will go away quickly. 🤗

16Olympics

On the Ice
Look who's home! And Emma looks so happy to see Masama! Looks like she has her energy back and is well. A very good way to start the week!
:cheer: :clap::clap: