Shoma Uno | Page 907 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
I'm guessing this will be Shoma's layout for the Olympics, and he'll test it out at JO. After that, he'll probably build back up to this level of difficulty for the GPF or 4CC if he chooses to go.

This program has a technical BV of 98.43 with all level 4s. For comparison, Yuzu's 4-quad program last year had a BV of 94.22. The 4T+2T in the second half is almost certainly intentional, as he can't do two 4T+3Ts as well as two 3As. The second 3A and its combination would be invalidated, so he's either doing 4T+3T and 4T+2T or that will become a different combination (4T+3Lo or adding in a 4Lz and doing a 4S+3T in the second half)
I hope he gives the 4Lo a try at Japan Open. It always makes me nervous though. I think it's easy to rush it when he's nervous and slip off the edge. No sense in lamenting too much, but I do wish he had the chance to do Challenger Asian Open. guess it's good that the newbies (Yuma and Shun) get a chance. My favorite jump of his is still the 3 jump sequence.
I'm glad he's not doing AO, since it's so close to SkAm and he has two very tough GP events. Especially with a layout this tough, he needs all the rest he can get

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I heard he wanted to do Asian Open. Not sure how true that is / was.

16Olympics

On the Ice
I think what makes me happiest is seeing that 4T-3T! :dance3:He is looking good! But what would a practice be without his signature starfish move?! :laugh2: So good to see him skating again. It almost doesn't feel real!

Yikes -- lots of princely photos!!!!

The split is impressive! The 4T3T shows he's fighting for the triple end of the combo. Well done, Shoma. He does look ready. 5 quads? That's putting the skating world on notice. Yipppeeee!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The split is impressive! The 4T3T shows he's fighting for the triple end of the combo. Well done, Shoma. He does look ready. 5 quads? That's putting the skating world on notice. Yipppeeee!
When I saw that split, I thought something seemed off. He gets nice height, good energy and flexibility, but the landing seems off. Is he going into it sort of on an angle, and then he doesn't quite get a smooth landing? What do you think? I'm probably over analyzing it, but of course I want it to be perfect. :) :points:

16Olympics

On the Ice
When I saw that split, I thought something seemed off. He gets nice height, good energy and flexibility, but the landing seems off. Is he going into it sort of on an angle, and then he doesn't quite get a smooth landing? What do you think? I'm probably over analyzing it, but of course I want it to be perfect. :) :points:
The landing is not right at all. Lands on two feet. What is that? The split is much better but the landing is way awkward like the jump isn't quite cooked. If everything else is perfect, we can forgive a little squirrelly landing on an otherwise beautiful split jump. Otherwise, doesn't he look terrific??

SuYue Chng

Rinkside
The landing is not right at all. Lands on two feet. What is that? The split is much better but the landing is way awkward like the jump isn't quite cooked. If everything else is perfect, we can forgive a little squirrelly landing on an otherwise beautiful split jump. Otherwise, doesn't he look terrific??
I was so distracted by the height and flexibility of the split jump that I didn't notice the landing. 😆
The 4T-3T is back!
Good luck, Shoma!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ah, nice work! Great start to the season. Only 3 weeks more. Can't wait. Go Masama!

Adding: Wait, is that a different costume? At first I thought it was the lighting, but this one is black?! Stop confusing us Masama.

Last edited:

16Olympics

On the Ice
I believe the two feet squat landing of the flip split jump is what he intends to do. He´s been doing it before too. I like it a lot. That particular flip split jump looks over rotated though I think.
Never thought about it being over rotated so yes, that may help to explain the landing. I love the actual jump though so will close eyes on the landing and smile.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Shoma's saying that he's trying the 4Lo because he's inspired by Yuma... Yuma also tried it today at Kanto Regionals. They both made mistakes on the 4Lo and landed on the quarter, and then they also both popped their quad sals to a double right afterwards. I got deja vu when I opened up the protocols for JO. :laugh: I think it's good that Shoma is pushing himself, and I think he is more than capable of landing the 4Lo and all his other jumps. Nationals will be very interesting between Yuma and Shoma :giggle: