Shoma Uno | Page 429 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

saphire

On the Ice
hello there, a newbie here. not just a newbie in GS, but also in FS. Just half a month ago right after the olympic closing ceremony. Watch the closing ceremony at local tv station, and suddenly have the urge to look at the men FS (yuri on ice reference here. lol). n of course you got tons of yuzuru videos, but none of that make me falling for him. what intrigued me was this little young man that usually beside him (of course it shomajesty), google it watch the performances (mostly legend n LOCO), and the rest is history. now, I'm obsessed with him. 😂😂
I'm really happy found this thread, because where i live (it a small island near papua province in indonesia) FS is something that most people never heard or see so this shomajesty fanfest is like heaven to me.😁😁
and here i get the first chance to feel how an agony is an off season. lucky me coz i still new, there's still lot videos and article that i need to cacth up.

For the new season, somehow i really hope that he will have a program that need him to smile a lot! although whatever he skates to i'll still love it (trying to watch other skaters but no one that make me want to watch their program again, sorry). But most important he will stay healthy for the journey of new season.

Welcome. I am somewhat new to GS myself, not really to FS. I have recently came back FS the last several years. Skaters like Shoma are the reason that inspired me to follow the sport again.

saphire

On the Ice
Welcome, Insos! Happy to have you here, a fellow Southeast Asian! Post often and long! [emoji1]

Thanks for sharing the photo with Joseph Phan, idontknow! Rumors among the Japanese fans are often true, I see. I'm told Shoma and Marin both flew to Ontario after SOI. Really wondering exactly what he's doing there and who he's working with.

This is a little off-topic, but I was eating a green tea Kit Kat, and started wondering, "How many more Shoma Kitkats does Arriba have?" Is it time for a refill? [emoji16] Chicago is calling, Shomita!

Yes! Hopefully Shoma returns to Chicago later this summer, in between shows.

Grap74

On the Ice
OMG, so many exciting news!

Thanks for sharing the pic, idontknow, it's like a gasp of fresh air! What surprise is Shomita "cooking" for us?

Welcome Insos!!! 😊

Insos

Rinkside
thank you all for the warm welcome [emoji4]
anyway it's kind of OOT but i want to share some poem (??) *insert shomita head tilting here* dedicated to shomita. i wrote it last night when out of nowhere a muse strike me. I don't have a social media other than FB + i dont have anyone to share with [emoji24] so i'm braving my self to share it here. it's maybe full of grammatical mistakes so forgive me first, and if not allowed tell me kindly please so i'll take it down.

please read while i'm hiding behind a rock for a while....

The Journey,
Times moving fast.
The months changed, the season changed, the years moved.
Never thingking just move forward, strive for the best.
Calm and secure at the present over the never secure futures.
Regrets comes and gone but never a weight down.
Head held high, radiate the confidence though the heart feel like crumbling even with slightest pressure.
Compliments just words to remind humble.
Presents given to keep thankful.
Pouring love to stays grateful.
Cheers, claps, and "thank yous" the hard work paid off.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is a little off-topic, but I was eating a green tea Kit Kat, and started wondering, "How many more Shoma Kitkats does Arriba have?" Is it time for a refill? [emoji16] Chicago is calling, Shomita!

Down to 8 Kit Kats. I eat them very sparingly. I think the last one I had was to celebrate his Oly silver medal! I figure once they're gone, I'll never get any more Japanese Kit Kats. :sad4:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
thank you all for the warm welcome [emoji4]
anyway it's kind of OOT but i want to share some poem (??) *insert shomita head tilting here* dedicated to shomita. i wrote it last night when out of nowhere a muse strike me. I don't have a social media other than FB + i dont have anyone to share with [emoji24] so i'm braving my self to share it here. it's maybe full of grammatical mistakes so forgive me first, and if not allowed tell me kindly please so i'll take it down.

Welcome and thank you for your kind thoughts regarding Shoma's incredible journey. Hopefully this is just the beginning of the amazing journey. It is fun guessing what he is doing right now! They always seem to have surprises for us up their sleeves!

biryanione

On the Ice
The Journey,
Times moving fast.
The months changed, the season changed, the years moved.
Never thingking just move forward, strive for the best.
Calm and secure at the present over the never secure futures.
Regrets comes and gone but never a weight down.
Head held high, radiate the confidence though the heart feel like crumbling even with slightest pressure.
Compliments just words to remind humble.
Presents given to keep thankful.
Pouring love to stays grateful.
Cheers, claps, and "thank yous" the hard work paid off.

I happen to find this beautiful, thank you!
Shoma’s skating often inspires most beautiful words!...

Danibellerika

Medalist
I remember that debut season. I didn't really follow juniors, so seniors is when I first saw him. He skated his short and I dug him immediately. But I got the thinking that when it comes to skating, at least for myself, for every skater I tend to like it typically happens right away. Like love at first sight. They don't need to grow on me. If I don't really take to their style off the bat, it typically never happens.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I remember that debut season. I didn't really follow juniors, so seniors is when I first saw him. He skated his short and I dug him immediately. But I got the thinking that when it comes to skating, at least for myself, for every skater I tend to like it typically happens right away. Like love at first sight. They don't need to grow on me. If I don't really take to their style off the bat, it typically never happens.

I was at the competition in Milwaukee, and things were definitely "a-buzz" about that little Japanese guy.

saphire

On the Ice

I am very much the same way, I guess it is a spontaneous thing. I also felt that way with Sui/Han.

Danibellerika

Medalist
I am very much the same way, I guess it is a spontaneous thing. I also felt that way with Sui/Han.

Ditto on Sui/Han (though not too shocking considering Shen/Zhao are my all time favorites). Though now that you mention it, Savchenko and Massot kind of broke that mold for me, but it really took their program this season to do that. Though I didn't mind when at first but that was 90% because of Aliona who I already liked :laugh:.

WineHerUp

On the Ice
I fell in love with Shoma when I first watched him perform at 4CC 2015 and I haven't stopped loving him since then. The field was particularly stacked that year, but Shoma still stood out to me (in the best possible way :luv17:). I couldn't believe that there was a junior men's skater who was THAT good! Shoma may have been a tiny phenom but there was nothing tiny about his skating. To this day, there has yet to be a junior skater that impresses me like Shoma did

Aglae

On the Ice
Shoma made me way more into the sport than I was before ! I really really love Gabriella and Guillaume too, but I was content to watch them (and a bit of others) on YouTube. The combination of P/C + Shoma made me take last minute tickets for Milano. Now I even brought my mom to the post Oly tour of the french team... that's the power of Shomita :luv17:
It had been a long time since I had been so emotionally invested in an athlete... I still need to find a fave for ladies and couples (I fell in love with Totmianina/Marinin in Torino but they retired just after their OGM...), I guess it will come with time :biggrin:

Hronop

On the Ice
Oh, same thing happened to me at the GPF 2015, where Shoma won bronze. When I was watching his skate, something was just going on inside me. It touched my heart immediately. But when he did that cantilever at the end of his LP, I was just: 'whaaaaat?'. :) Oh, I watched that Turandot 1.0 hundreds of times since then, and that cantilever still gives me goosebumps. 'All stand please for Shoma Uno'. 'All you can do is just laugh, because it was so joyous'. Joyous it was indeed, and he is always joy to watch.