Shoma Uno

16Olympics

On the Ice
This from Chris at Champery:

Christopher Trevisan

@ChrisTrevisan

·
2h

Due to the new protection measures in Valais, the Palladium is closing to the general public but the rink will remain open for figure skating. The athletes of the
@SkatingSchoolCH
will continue to train. We have further tightened our own measures—safety remains our priority.

Good that all are healthy and safe and able to continue training for now.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Emma chan wishes she were there too. She's so cute she doesn't look real! I thought at first I was looking at a stuffed animal! Hope she is doing well at doggie kindergarden.

Last edited:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was trying to figure out where they are in this photo, but I can't read anything! I guess they're at the rink? Like the new red jacket for Sho! I'm sure Toro was running as fast as her little legs would take her!

Last edited:

16Olympics

On the Ice
I was trying to figure out where they are in this photo, but I can't read anything! I guess they're at the rink? Like the new red jacket for Sho! I'm sure Toro was running as fast as her little legs would take her!

It might be the arena. There is a sign with a swimmer on it and an arrow pointing down. If the Palladium has a pool, this photo might be from there.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The caption shows that Sho is participating by film from Switzerland. Must be the Chukyo event. Toro isn't getting his full attention it seems...Oops guess I'm wrong. Feimeicheng says it's an Ojigaming thing. I can see the score on the tv! :popcorn:

Last edited:

Vilya

On the Ice
Country
Finland
The caption shows that Sho is participating by film from Switzerland. Must be the Chukyo event. Toro isn't getting his full attention it seems...Oops guess I'm wrong. Feimeicheng says it's an Ojigaming thing. I can see the score on the tv! :popcorn:
Yes, Taabo-san from Ojigaming decided that he will stream games every Friday evening from now on on Ojigaming's channel, and Shoma was just playing with him for a good while! It was really fun to listen to 😄 When Itsuki tweeted that photo (while they were still playing) everyone started talking about Toro in the chat of course and Shoma was like "Wait, why do you guys know that..?" 😂

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, Taabo-san from Ojigaming decided that he will stream games every Friday evening from now on on Ojigaming's channel, and Shoma was just playing with him for a good while! It was really fun to listen to 😄 When Itsuki tweeted that photo (while they were still playing) everyone started talking about Toro in the chat of course and Shoma was like "Wait, why do you guys know that..?" 😂
Oh my gosh - if he only knew every little detail we scrutinize -- the trees out the window, everything he's wearing, saying, holding, eating, and on and on! :rofl: :bsplit:

Adding -- Vilya, do you speak Japanese?

rabidline

Final Flight
I'm so happy to see Shoma properly wearing a mask at the Palladium in the photos where he "caught" Toro 😊 👍 Please continue to be aware and careful Sho!

It's also fun to hear his voice in the Ojigaming stream. Awwwww- I did not know that he asked how people knew about Toro-chan, @Vilya ! That's just too adorable 😆

Vilya

On the Ice
Country
Finland
That was such a fun watch, they make the perfect trio! 😂 I especially loved the talk about karaoke Shoma, man I'd love to see that 🤣
Shoma doesn't understand why people like Legends so much - I personally love it!! I would LOVE to see him perform it now! 😁

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would be remiss if I didn't mention that I consider today to be a very special day. October 24, 2015, I decided to make the 90-mile drive to see the long programs of Skate America in Milwaukee, WI. Mainly, I was going to see Jason Brown compete. However, looking back, I'm not sure if that day I even fully appreciated what a power-packed lineup I was going to see: Evgenia (making her GP debut), Yulia Lipnitskaya, Satoko, Gracie, Sui & Han, the Knierims, Han Yan, Takahito Mura, Denis Ten, Max Aaron, of course Jason, and some guy named Shoma Uno.

With my love of warhorse programs, there's nothing I love better than a good ole Turandot. But who was that little guy in the green leprechaun costume?! Gee, I really liked him! Well, long story short. I left Skate America still a Jason Brown fan but also wanting to know more about this guy Shoma Uno. I found this old picture I took from the Jumbotron that day. Who is that silver medalist?!

This has been 5 years of a wild ride -- sometimes joyful, sometimes heartbreaking. Through all the ups and downs, I have enjoyed myself so much and am so thankful Shoma got me interested in skating again. I have met so many interesting people and have enjoyed the friendships I have made along the way. Traveling all over to see Shoma has been so much fun. Watching him train, talking (?) to him, and meeting his family has been extra special.
Thx for the memories -- here's to making a lot more memories! Happy 5 Year Anniversary! :hb::bsplit::cheer::hap10::points::ghug:
017.JPG

Last edited:

16Olympics

On the Ice
I would be remiss if I didn't mention that I consider today to be a very special day. October 24, 2015, I decided to make the 90-mile drive to see the long programs of Skate America in Milwaukee, WI. Mainly, I was going to see Jason Brown compete. However, looking back, I'm not sure if that day I even fully appreciated what a power-packed lineup I was going to see: Evgenia (making her GP debut), Yulia Lipnitskaya, Satoko, Gracie, Sui & Han, the Knierims, Han Yan, Takahito Mura, Denis Ten, Max Aaron, of course Jason, and some guy named Shoma Uno.

With my love of warhorse programs, there's nothing I love better than a good ole Turandot. But who was that little guy in the green leprechaun costume?! Gee, I really liked him! Well, long story short. I left Skate America still a Jason Brown fan but also wanting to know more about this guy Shoma Uno. I found this old picture I took from the Jumbotron that day. Who is that silver medalist?!

This has been 5 years of a wild ride -- sometimes joyful, sometimes heartbreaking. Through all the ups and downs, I have enjoyed myself so much and am so thankful Shoma got me interested in skating again. I have met so many interesting people and have enjoyed the friendships I have made along the way. Traveling all over to see Shoma has been so much fun. Watching him train, talking (?) to him, and meeting his family has been extra special.
Thx for the memories -- here's to making a lot more memories! Happy 5 Year Anniversary! :hb::bsplit::cheer::hap10::points::ghug:
View attachment 1814

What a special memory, Arriba! What a 5 years it has been for you and Shoma. I was planning to go to World's in Sweden in 2021 to see Shoma and others but that's not going to happen so I enjoy what he has to show us and wish for the best for him. Thanks for sharing!