Shoma Uno | Page 839 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

jerrymouse333

On the Ice
Country
Japan
I would be remiss if I didn't mention that I consider today to be a very special day. October 24, 2015, I decided to make the 90-mile drive to see the long programs of Skate America in Milwaukee, WI. Mainly, I was going to see Jason Brown compete. However, looking back, I'm not sure if that day I even fully appreciated what a power-packed lineup I was going to see: Evgenia (making her GP debut), Yulia Lipnitskaya, Satoko, Gracie, Sui & Han, the Knierims, Han Yan, Takahito Mura, Denis Ten, Max Aaron, of course Jason, and some guy named Shoma Uno.

With my love of warhorse programs, there's nothing I love better than a good ole Turandot. But who was that little guy in the green leprechaun costume?! Gee, I really liked him! Well, long story short. I left Skate America still a Jason Brown fan but also wanting to know more about this guy Shoma Uno. I found this old picture I took from the Jumbotron that day. Who is that silver medalist?!

This has been 5 years of a wild ride -- sometimes joyful, sometimes heartbreaking. Through all the ups and downs, I have enjoyed myself so much and am so thankful Shoma got me interested in skating again. I have met so many interesting people and have enjoyed the friendships I have made along the way. Traveling all over to see Shoma has been so much fun. Watching him train, talking (?) to him, and meeting his family has been extra special.
Thx for the memories -- here's to making a lot more memories! Happy 5 Year Anniversary! :hb::bsplit::cheer::hap10::points::ghug:
View attachment 1814
Thank you very much for telling us your story, Arriba.
Happy to see how you fell in love with Shoma.
You are a one of the luckiest fans I think.

Part 2 of the 3 friends. I had almost forgotten about this!

I really love second part of the chat. 😍
Sara’s questions are very nice and fun to watch their smiles.

I was surprised to talk to my mom.
She said, “Shoma is like a Prince on a white horse."🤴
She used to say just kawaii.
What do you think about her comment?

It must be too late, but I checked what Shoma said a little bit.
His mobile phone is iPhone 7 Plus and it has a trouble to charge.
He calls Toro Toronosuke. (male name)🐶
He sleeps with Toro (not sure always), and afraid to crush her sometimes.
Koshiro has a talent of gaming but Shoma doesn’t have that.
He just makes efforts and plays long time and he overwhelms Koshiro at Super Smash Bros.

Sorry, I had a complicated feelings to watch Sk America.
Happy, sad, jealous...
I only miss Shoma’s skating.:cry:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What a special memory, Arriba! What a 5 years it has been for you and Shoma. I was planning to go to World's in Sweden in 2021 to see Shoma and others but that's not going to happen so I enjoy what he has to show us and wish for the best for him. Thanks for sharing!
I'm disappointed to not be going to Sweden. I knew right away when they chose Stockholm for 2021 I wanted to go. Just hoping for things to improve and that everyone will stay safe!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was surprised to talk to my mom.
She said, “Shoma is like a Prince on a white horse."🤴
She used to say just kawaii.
What do you think about her comment?
Oh, I love your mom's comment! Too funny! :points: We will have to make her an honorary member of the DBC!...Thank you for taking the time to translate some of the comments from the gaming video. I always wish I could understand what they are saying!

16Olympics

On the Ice
I'm disappointed to not be going to Sweden. I knew right away when they chose Stockholm for 2021 I wanted to go. Just hoping for things to improve and that everyone will stay safe!
I hope it becomes safe and healthy enough for the event to go on. But, it is WORLD's so arranging the travel just for the athletes is going to be a big factor. We will see. As it is, I enjoyed seeing the skaters enjoying being able to perform at Skate Am and the Russian test skates.

rabidline

Final Flight
This just in: we MAY just be able to see Shoma skate soon, at Trophée Romand 2020 in Lausanne alongside all of Team Champery! Koshiro, Deniss, and Alexia! (Rika has confirmed on Twitter that she's not participating).

Entries and Results page: http://www.patinageromand.ch/docs/resultats/TRO20/index.htm

Bear in mind that the restrictions and rules in Switzerland may continue to change, but if the schedule holds and they go, it will be held at 30 October - 1 November 2020- so, THIS WEEKEND!

Hopefully they'll stay safe and healthy. Now excuse me, I'm going to yell in a corner 😆

And we have a starting time already... now who will be so kind to give footage 🥺🙏

Last edited:

rabidline

Final Flight
A little new Shoma footage with Rika and Koshiro, from last night's Get! Sports, aired in Japan:

They also aired the entirety of the Shoma x Satoko online talk, you can watch it here (click the tweet and slide down for the full talk):

This was a sweet moment when they talked about Shoma's 2017 Worlds guts pose hehehe 🥰

Last edited:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I want this calendar with Emma chan and Toro chan. Looks like it can be ordered from Amazon Japan starting in November. Oh, so cute! If you click on the Ensky link below, you can see some of the photos. OMG!!! :love2:

Description of the product​

The tabletop calendar of Masama Uno and his brother's co-work appeared for the first time! Newly welcomed as a family of Uno family, the very cute figure of the dog Toro-chan Emma-chan, brother: tree is senryu, brother: Masama is a special product that was spelled out on the calendar in his own handwriting! In the tabletop calendar of the compact size that does not choose the place, delivered in a set of two A4 clear files. Why don't you also be healed by Toro-chan Emma-chan?

Please purchase from here.

Ensky Shop Purchase Page:https://www.enskyshop.com/products/17282

FamilyMart Gift Net Application Service:https://gift.famima-net.jp/item/code/0218-2020010
You can order this URL from 0:00 on Monday, November 2, 2020.

Amazon:https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B08LV2QY1H

Last edited:

rabidline

Final Flight
The tabletop calendar of Masama Uno and his brother's co-work appeared for the first time! Newly welcomed as a family of Uno family, the very cute figure of the dog Toro-chan Emma-chan, brother: tree is senryu, brother: Masama is a special product that was spelled out on the calendar in his own handwriting! In the tabletop calendar of the compact size that does not choose the place, delivered in a set of two A4 clear files. Why don't you also be healed by Toro-chan Emma-chan?
Yes, I want to be healed by Toro-chan and Emma-chan 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭

This is the most adorable calendar I have ever seen. I'm sorry Shoma, your calendars have very fierce competition here :ROFLMAO:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not sure if it is possible but I'd love to see Team Champery compete in one of the stages of our Gran Premio Italia. Matteo, Daniel, Gabriele, Shoma, Koshiro and Deniss... what a dream!!!
To me, if they could take a road trip and drive there, I would love that. If they have to fly, not so much. They have to be really careful though. I don't know if it's worth the risk.