Shoma Uno | Page 906 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not trying to go way off topic with what’s been discussed recently in the thread but I’m curious what others think about this. Remember Shoma’s New Year video on his YouTube channel? He said that when he retires one day he wants to talk about what happened to him during Japanese Nationals but mentioned that he better not talk about it now. What do you suppose he meant by that?
Well, let's see. We know he left his pants unzipped at that one ice show. My first thought is that he forgot his costume at home or something like that. I remember at Shombardia how he got on the bus and Jason Brown came running with the jacket to his Loco costume, which he had accidentally left in the venue. Hard to say though!

Figskater23

On the Ice
Well, let's see. We know he left his pants unzipped at that one ice show. My first thought is that he forgot his costume at home or something like that. I remember at Shombardia how he got on the bus and Jason Brown came running with the jacket to his Loco costume, which he had accidentally left in the venue. Hard to say though!
Oh my goodness! I didn’t know that happened to him. That must have been so awkward and embarrassing.

Vilya

On the Ice
Country
Finland
We finally have a video of the clean Oboe with the 4F 4T3T 3A layout! 😍 It's gorgeous!!

Mei-san also gave us some translations:

I don't think I've ever heard him sound so positive about his jumps! It's lovely to hear, I hope he'll continue to stay in good condition 👏

c3zara

On the Ice
Country
Romania
Yup, let’s hope he’ll continue to be optimistic, healthy and in a good condition during the season 🙏

Clean Oboe is so good ❤️ I was a bit afraid that adding quads and their setup would take away from it’s beauty but seeing this now I don’t think it does

Here’s the complete interview with Shizuka (with clean Oboe, practice etc) if someone wants to watch it

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That Shoboe program makes me so happy! I'm with you c3zara. I was so afraid that the quads were going to ruin the program, but he has really integrated them very smoothly and nicely into the program. He looks (and sounds) very confident which is great to see. I'm hoping he'll have a wonderful season and am so anxious to see him at Sk Amer. Hard to believe it's about 4-1/2 weeks from now...This program seems much more appropriate than the Michael Jackson one. I like MJ too, but this is better for an Oly season. GO SHOMITA!!!!! :cheer::hap10: :points:

Figskater23

On the Ice
We finally have a video of the clean Oboe with the 4F 4T3T 3A layout! 😍 It's gorgeous!!

Mei-san also gave us some translations:

I don't think I've ever heard him sound so positive about his jumps! It's lovely to hear, I hope he'll continue to stay in good condition 👏

Glad to see him so full of confidence! He has it in him to achieve such greatness this skating season. I only expect him to have fun and to be happy.

Figskater23

On the Ice
Does anyone know what kind of food Shoma doesn’t like? I heard he hates raw vegetables. There is a lot I don’t know about him since I only found out about him back in March.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone know what kind of food Shoma doesn’t like? I heard he hates raw vegetables. There is a lot I don’t know about him since I only found out about him back in March.
His biggest loves are beef and rice. He has said many times he hates veggies. His diet seems pretty limited. He has said he doesn't care for sushi.

Vilya

On the Ice
Country
Finland
Haven't posted any wonderful puppy videos in a while. Love this one where we know Emma is looking, looking, wondering. So cute the way it takes a few seconds for her to recognize Sho with his Professor Shooms glasses.

They always make my heart melt ❤️
So Shoma was away from home for 3 days. Some intense training before the first competition of the season?

c3zara

On the Ice
Country
Romania
New NowVoice from Shoma:

Translation (many thanks again to feimeicheng):

So he’s going for the most difficult layout he can give rn, should we expect a 4Lo? It makes sense since the JO result doesn’t matter for anything. I’d say go for it. I really like to hear he’s confident about the new season 😁

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My first thought was I could hear Stepen saying "Please fight for the triple toe." He is looking to be in fighting shape! He will be at Sk Amer in exactly 4 weeks! I'm getting nervous already ( I'm starting early! :laugh2: ). And the $99K question -- Will he have new costumes?! Should we take a vote? What do you think? I say yes...Love his 3 jump sequence! The 4Lo makes me nervous.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
New NowVoice from Shoma:

Translation (many thanks again to feimeicheng):

So he’s going for the most difficult layout he can give rn, should we expect a 4Lo? It makes sense since the JO result doesn’t matter for anything. I’d say go for it. I really like to hear he’s confident about the new season 😁
I hope he gives the 4Lo a try at Japan Open. It always makes me nervous though. I think it's easy to rush it when he's nervous and slip off the edge. No sense in lamenting too much, but I do wish he had the chance to do Challenger Asian Open. guess it's good that the newbies (Yuma and Shun) get a chance. My favorite jump of his is still the 3 jump sequence.

Last edited: