Shoma Uno | Page 908 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you for all these NOW VOICE details feimeicheng. I could see that the left side of his face was swollen, and I wondered if maybe he had a tooth ache or something! Hopefully it's nothing. Interesting analysis of his programs. Can't wait 'til he rejoins Stepen and continues his progress on things.

c3zara

On the Ice
Country
Romania
A pretty good first competition of the season, especially given the layout. 5(!) quads with two 3As, that’s always risky.
Congrats to Shoma and Team Blue 👏 I’m glad he accepted being the captain for once 😁

And it’s really interesting to hear his analysis right after the event. Yes, he still needs a bit more stamina for the StSq but you can tell he worked hard on this - all jumps+combos clean in the 2nd half, 4F included, lvl4s, that’s not an easy task.

I noticed the swelling too. Please see a dentist

More translations from today in this thread:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Loved this whole interview, even though I probably understood 20 words out of the entire 30 minutes. Still fun to see the interaction, especially when guest star Emma comes out! Maybe some kind soul will take pity on us poor people who don't speak Japanese and tell us some of the translation.

Adding: Very nice Shoboe! I'm assuming that is his SP, although I don't know that he's ever officially said that!

Last edited:

16Olympics

On the Ice
I see that Shoma went to the dentist after arriving home from JO and had his problem fixed. He said he couldn't walk afterwards but not sure if that's from the procedure or from being exhausted and/or sore from doing all of those programs over the weekend. Sleep, Shoma, sleep.

I was worried that he was going to have wisdom teeth surgery but It seems he had fixed whatever made his face swell up.

Glad the SP is settled or seems to be.

Figskater23

Final Flight
I see that Shoma went to the dentist after arriving home from JO and had his problem fixed. He said he couldn't walk afterwards but not sure if that's from the procedure or from being exhausted and/or sore from doing all of those programs over the weekend. Sleep, Shoma, sleep.

I was worried that he was going to have wisdom teeth surgery but It seems he had fixed whatever made his face swell up.

Glad the SP is settled or seems to be.
Even if he had his wisdom teeth removed that surgery doesn’t take that long to recover. Each person is different but usually the swelling would go away within a week. He would have enough time to recover before the Grand Prix. Coming from someone who has had the surgery.

16Olympics

On the Ice
Even if he had his wisdom teeth removed that surgery doesn’t take that long to recover. Each person is different but usually the swelling would go away within a week. He would have enough time to recover before the Grand Prix. Coming from someone who has had the surgery.
I was commenting on my concern for him regarding what I thought that surgery would mean in terms of the time away from the ice. A week for me and a week for an elite athlete in an Olympic season is two different things, barring complications. I'm thankful he seems to be okay without spending a lot of time in recovery.

Figskater23

Final Flight
I was commenting on my concern for him regarding what I thought that surgery would mean in terms of the time away from the ice. A week for me and a week for an elite athlete in an Olympic season is two different things, barring complications. I'm thankful he seems to be okay without spending a lot of time in recovery.
Oh sorry. That is true. He’ll be just fine.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Oh, gosh, I was staying away deliberately because I am so afraid that I won’t make it to Skate America or Uno won’t be able to attend, but I finally couldn’t resist and caught up on UNO’s new programs and skating shows… gosh, he is amazing 🤩 I am now doubly worried about the trip.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, gosh, I was staying away deliberately because I am so afraid that I won’t make it to Skate America or Uno won’t be able to attend, but I finally couldn’t resist and caught up on UNO’s new programs and skating shows… gosh, he is amazing 🤩 I am now doubly worried about the trip.
Don't worry. It will work out! You will be glad you made the effort. :hap10:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Don't worry. It will work out! You will be glad you made the effort. :hap10:
My mom can’t make it with me unfortunately between her travel insurance not worth buying in current conditions and testing/flights craziness. Like, I am really lucky that Calgary has okay connection to Vegas. But I am hoping this time I will get to see Uno skate live. It’s been 2 year dream now!