Shoma Uno | Page 911 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This part of the interview makes me so happy. Stephane has always admired Shoma and been such a positive influence throughout his skating career when he worked with him on his various programs. They are truly a match made in heaven. He seems to know just how to push him (both psychologically and physically) and how to help him believe in himself. I'm sure he can be tough, but it seems that he does everything with kindness.

A huge thank you to Stepen for helping our Prince be the best he can be. Go Shoma! Believe in yourself and trust your training!
:bow: :thank: :cheer2:

"He is such a strong skater in everything! He has beautiful spins, good edges, he has charisma, he is very expressive, dynamic, explosive, he has speed. So we are just polishing every little bit of his skating and making him enjoy the work which is probably the most important at his age. He loves competing and training. And that's something we need to keep. My job is to keep him motivated, to help him grow and improve."

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
LOL. Just got an email from a friend with this blurry photo. Yes, we're really here, and in the front row no less. That's Coyote Chris in the red cap and me to the right...Just a few more hours. I'm so nervous you'd think I'm going to skate!!!!! :bang:

Look Familiar.JPG

16Olympics

On the Ice
LOL. Just got an email from a friend with this blurry photo. Yes, we're really here, and in the front row no less. That's Coyote Chris in the red cap and me to the right...Just a few more hours. I'm so nervous you'd think I'm going to skate!!!!! :bang:

View attachment 4444
We're nervous right along with you. Crossed fingers that the skating Gods remember that beautiful practice he had yesterday.

Go Shoma!:points:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was so happy to finally see Uno live!!! 🥰 and, for the moment, he surpassed Chen 🙌❤️
FINALLY!!! Your wish come true! :party2:

Rollerblade -- no photos or videos any more. So many people come with fabulous, professional level cameras, and here's me with my crummy, grainy photos. Not worth the effort. I'd rather sit and stare at you-know-who!!!!

Last edited:

c3zara

On the Ice
Country
Romania
Why 4F, why? Since he pops jumps very rarely and his 4F seemed fine in practice I’m not worried. Happy for the 3T combo 👏 Not bad being in 2nd with just 2 jumping passes lol

Aside from the first jump, fabulous program ❤️❤️
Now comes his specialty, the fs. Go Shoma, you can do this 💪

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why 4F, why? Since he pops jumps very rarely and his 4F seemed fine in practice I’m not worried. Happy for the 3T combo 👏 Not bad being in 2nd with just 2 jumping passes lol
If I'm remembering right, while he skated around as they waited for Kevin A's marks, the 4F was not behaving. Still, I can't remember ever seeing him pop the 4F in competition. Maybe fall or stumble, but never pop. In that short video clip above when they're in the K & C, I hear Sho say "first time" and Stepen says "We'll look at it tomorrow." Overall, it was a good skate.

16Olympics

On the Ice
Shoma was so beautiful In every way. Seeing the pops in his jumps during warm ups was concerning but doing one on the first pass was a shock. But, it wasn't a fall and I think it raised the focus level on the rest of the program, which was just stellar. Shoma looks fantastic.

Bolero gonna rock the arena.

Goooooooo Shoma! :cheer::cheer::cheer: