Shoma Uno | Page 912 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

16Olympics

On the Ice
LOL. Just got an email from a friend with this blurry photo. Yes, we're really here, and in the front row no less. That's Coyote Chris in the red cap and me to the right...Just a few more hours. I'm so nervous you'd think I'm going to skate!!!!! :bang:

View attachment 4444
Haha. Every time someone skated by your seats, I looked for you both. So glad you're seeing the Prince and his two beautiful new programs live.

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
FINALLY!!! Your wish come true! :party2:

Rollerblade -- no photos or videos any more. So many people come with fabulous, professional level cameras, and here's me with my crummy, grainy photos. Not worth the effort. I'd rather sit and stare at you-know-who!!!!
I am so happy and really hoping I can make men’s practice today with my Covid travel test. It has to be tight, but I will do my best to be here. Oh, gosh, it’s so good to finally see skating live. 🤩

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A beautiful program and a huge mental victory on pulling off the 4T3T after the popped 4F! Good job!!
I think I've played the above video clip of it 50 times! Love it! And I love that he doesn't rush into the second jump which can be the tendency when nerves are high and the adrenaline is flowing. He takes a split second to steady himself and then does the second jump. The audience went crazy!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
wow, my section had a lot of Shoma’s fans, and we collectively screamed ourselves raw as he was saving landing after landing! Absolutely beautiful to watch otherwise, and I don’t find this rearrangement of Bolero annoying, but I think it’s not all Bolero? Anyway, hugs, everyone, I am about dead with exhaustion after 14 hours of rollercoaster emotions. Thankfully it’s only half a day of competition tomorrow and then a gala where I hope to see Shoma again!

c3zara

On the Ice
Country
Romania
Congrats for the silver, Shoma! 👏👏👏

He fought for many jumps today but him trying 5 quads with no pops, no falls this early in the season is a good sign. I think the pressure of competing internationally after so long was huge.
I’m curious to hear what were his thoughts, maybe we’ll get a nowvoice.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Was also there in Vegas. The sheer amount of FIGHT Shoma put out to land the jumps was insane! Also very grateful to have finally seen Shoma cantilever in person (as his 2018-19 programs had none).😭 Did he smile at any point during the victory lap? Was very close to the victory ceremony, will have to review the photos, but they were probably awesome...