Translation of Sho's interview on TV Tokyo.. Thank you

Here is the interview.

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Seems that some of the people who attended the ColanTotte event arrived home and found they had received in the mail this wonderful prize. Hope someone will share the contents with us. Not used to seeing Sho in that color. HE IS LOOKING MIGHTY FINE!!!! :points: :cheer2:

Last edited:

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I agree, with his body type.. no puffy shirt 😅
You're right... I like puffy shirts, but they suit my body type because I'm taller than Shoma. I secretly wish that puffy shirts and cravats would come back in style someday...😁

But what kind of costume would accentuate the Baroque theme? Maybe a fancy vest like what Keiji Tanaka wore a few seasons ago? Hmm...

rabidline

Final Flight
The interview with TV Tokyo is really good (I think it was taken during Prince Ice World). I really love how Shoma explained the change in his mindset on how he view mistakes and failures. Definitely something that doesn't just apply to figure skating!

Happy 2nd Birthday to Emma-chan too ❤ Wishing her to stay healthy and happy!

Also tomorrow is Prince Ice World broadcast... looking forward to watch Gravity!

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But what kind of costume would accentuate the Baroque theme? Maybe a fancy vest like what Keiji Tanaka wore a few seasons ago? Hmm...
I was thinking about this, and maybe he just needs another sparkly, beautiful costume. Sparkly and beautiful was great for Shoboe. We were all talking about how nice he looked in royal blue. Maybe royal blue sparkly? I wonder if Mathieu Caron will be the designer of choice again.

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was thinking about this, and maybe he just needs another sparkly, beautiful costume. Sparkly and beautiful was great for Shoboe. We were all talking about how nice he looked in royal blue. Maybe royal blue sparkly? I wonder if Mathieu Caron will be the designer of choice again.
Hmmm, I actually want to see a softer color on him, like those pastel pink and green training shirts...but sparklier. 😆 Sure, we know he can pull off the deep, rich colors. But there's something softer about the free skate music this time, so I think a softer color would work here. I love purple, so I selfishly would love to see something like the shirt on this Ladies in Lavender costume. Perfectly soft and perfectly sparkly.

Vilya

On the Ice
Country
Finland
Gravity everyone!!

I must say I like it a LOT already!! It has such great flow between the elements, the steps and transitions are woven in so well and it feels like the program lasts only like 20 seconds. I love how Shoma's movement feels so relaxed but not at all sloppy, and the changes between sharp and soft look so good... I am very excited!!
And the twizzles. God tier. I'm in love.

Alexandra_P84

On the Ice
Country
Italy
Gravity everyone!!

I must say I like it a LOT already!! It has such great flow between the elements, the steps and transitions are woven in so well and it feels like the program lasts only like 20 seconds. I love how Shoma's movement feels so relaxed but not at all sloppy, and the changes between sharp and soft look so good... I am very excited!!

For a first exhibition, all the elements were good. And we know he'll improve time after time, so that we'll see a wonderful program later on!
I'd like to keep the suit concept, maybe adjusting the jacket a little, in order to show his beautiful lines...
The twizzles... ahhhh 🤩

Matthew

On the Ice
Gravity everyone!!

Who's is talking there at the beginning in the background or rather foreground? (of course, the presenters. sigh)

Quite nice, seems to have some "Lambiel-esque" elements, also :)

Does anybody know when we will see his new free program for the first time, too?

Last edited:

rabidline

Final Flight
Gravity everyone!!

First thought: it's over too soon 😆 I had to check the timestamp to make sure he really skated for almost 3 minutes because that felt like 1 minute, at most, hahahah.

I love how Shoma's skating is recognizable but also... the program looks so different from anything that he's ever done. No trace of Oboe and Bolero at all, and that's impressive. It's still early, so there are a lot that still can be polished and worked on, but in general I already love it. I agree with @Vilya - Shoma's movements look so relaxed and loose, but not at all sloppy or nervous. Just very casual and modern, almost more like an EX program instead of a SP (of course those quads and his beautifully timed 3A reminded me that this is a SP, LOL). So interesting to see him doing this type of Stephane's choreo.

Alexandra_P84

On the Ice
Country
Italy
First thought: it's over too soon 😆 I had to check the timestamp to make sure he really skated for almost 3 minutes because that felt like 1 minute, at most, hahahah.

I love how Shoma's skating is recognizable but also... the program looks so different from anything that he's ever done. No trace of Oboe and Bolero at all, and that's impressive. It's still early, so there are a lot that still can be polished and worked on, but in general I already love it. I agree with @Vilya - Shoma's movements look so relaxed and loose, but not at all sloppy or nervous. Just very casual and modern, almost more like an EX program instead of a SP (of course those quads and his beautifully timed 3A reminded me that this is a SP, LOL). So interesting to see him doing this type of Stephane's choreo.
Exactly, I feel like I'm watching another ex program, more similar to La Vie en Rose than to Oboe, and of course I love the Stephane's touch in it 🥰

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There is SO much to love ♥️ about ShoGravity. Great to finally see the whole program. I think I will become more and more fond of it as the season goes along. Right now, it's amazing to think the program is already at this level, and it's only May! Can't even imagine where it will be by Sept. Challengers and Oct, / Nov. GP events. I never like seeing programs under spotlights, so I want to see it in a real competitive setting. The spotlights are distracting and at certain points it's too dark. The smoothness with which the transitions, the jumps, and the whole program are woven together is phenomenal. My heart sings when I see that gorgeous 4T-3T. As always, he has just the right upper-body tension, even if this comes off as a more casual, relaxed program. I see some new moves in there, which I ALWAYS love to see -- also some different ways in which he shifts his weight back and forth over the blade. Totally different from last year's programs, and SO different from this season's FS program--another shining example of Sho's versatility. And those sizzles!!! -- er, I mean twizzles! What can we say?! :points: Still not sure about the suit for the costume. I get the costume, but hmmm. I may have to start a "Bring Back The Purple 💜 Velvet Pants" petition / campaign. :cheer2: Thank you to Stepen for challenging Sho and helping him to be the best he can be. :thank:

Adding -- Just had a thought. With these phenomenal programs, Coach Fluffy is really going to have her work cut out for her for the EX she is creating. I'm dying to know what it is! :bang:

Last edited:

Louby

On the Ice
I enjoyed Gravity a lot because of the flow, relaxation without being too floppy. It seems Shoma doesn't have to try because he makes it look easy. It certainly is a departure for him and so Lambiel. It is sexy and self-assured - just as a world champion should be☺️. I am in the suit camp. Shoma can do no wrong in a slight dishevelled yet stylish jacket and shirt. Shower Shoma springs to mind....be still my beating heart.