Record Breaker
Country
Austria
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Silver Skates (2020)

Tagline: A Magical Journey Awaits You!

Genre: History, Adventure, Fantasy, Romance

Director: Mikhail Lokshin

Cast: Fedor Fedotov, Sofya Priss, Aleksey Guskov, Yuri Kolokolnikov, Severija Janušauskaitė, Kirill Zaytsev, Yuriy Borisov, Aleksandra Revenko, Timofey Tribuntsev, Sergey Koltakov, Yan Reshetnikov, Denis Lavant, Cathy Belton, Vasily Kopeikin, Vera Pleshanova

Release: 2020-12-10

Runtime: 136

Plot: 1899, the Christmas-time St.Petersburg. Ice-covered rivers and canals of the capital seethe with festive activities. On the eve of the new century those who should not be destined to meet, come together. They are people from different worlds: Matvey, the son of a lamplighter, whose only treasure is his silver-plated skates; Alice is the daughter of a high-ranking official dreaming of science. Each of them has his own difficult life-story, but having accidentally met they rush forward together in pursuit of their dreams.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Just came across this on Netflix while looking for Russian movies and shows to hone my language skills. Unfortunately it is not yet available (at least in Austria) but I set myself a reminder. The trailer looks rather intriguing, and there will be skating! 🥰 ⛸️
What I also found interesting, from Wikipedia:
Relatively unknown actors were cast in the main roles; the project was the first major film work for Fedotov and Priss, who are both from Saint Petersburg.
The actors had to go through sports training for the figure skating demands of the roles. Fedotov had been playing ice hockey from the age of three, but had to learn the different skating style during three months of intensive training. Almost all the stunts in the film were performed by Fedotov. The film also involved understudies (professional skaters) and stuntmen.

dante

a dark lord
Final Flight
Country
Russia
Just came across this on Netflix while looking for Russian movies and shows to hone my language skills. Unfortunately it is not yet available (at least in Austria) but I set myself a reminder. The trailer looks rather intriguing, and there will be skating! 🥰 ⛸️

Wow, it's been quite a while since I saw a film that lacks everything I hate in films, especially Russian ones. Everything is temperate and appropriate there, including references, anachronisms and politics.

"You may find it hard to believe, but I am a liberal! I'm for equal rights for women in everything, including their voting rights."
"Ahem, we have no elections."

The story is nice too.
I only hope the English translation also lacks everything I hate in translations.

daliz

Spectator
Hi,
I just have a question about the movie... Right on 1:55:22 (the start of the masquerade ball at the end) a music starts playing. This music was very familiar to me - https://youtu.be/OQKZ3-OpoXM?t=292 (4:52 - prologue - Anastazia animated movie). What is that? I could not find it in the Silver skates soundtrack so I am wondering if there is a whole song they both used for the movie or just some weird coincidence.

Weathergal

Medalist
@daliz I don't know the answer to your question - I'm hoping one of our many knowledgeable posters does! But I wanted to welcome you to Golden Skate! Post long and post often!

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database