Skater spotting | Golden Skate

Skater spotting

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Just rode elevator with Kaori and coach. I said Matrix and she smiled. I wished her luck
You lucky guy :love: I'd be on cloud 9 and forget all Japanese from my classes if that happened to me, most likely.

Looking forward to more spottings :popcorn: Keep them coming, people!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
You lucky guy :love: I'd be on cloud 9 and forget all Japanese from my classes if that happened to me, most likely.

Looking forward to more spottings :popcorn: Keep them coming, people!
She is so talented and beautiful and fun....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Same flight as Kevin, I told him what a wonderful unique and entertaining skater he is. No, I don't do pics, seems rude, or nervy or something. I'm old. Lol
I always ask first. Even if it is a FOFS breakfast, where it's open season. In many other situations it's just rude to but in. It's tough enough to be famous. You have to read body language too. Mirai and Mariah are very approachable when they are just hanging out.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just said Good Morning to Stephane Lambiel as he walked by carrying a tray with some morning coffees!!! :points:

Was standing next to Eteri and Dudakov and didn't even realize it. Saw Alexa snd Brandon.

Last edited:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I suppose I should just keep adding to the same post. Now I'll add Tarasova and Morozov, Kevin Aymoz, Madison Chock, and ---da, da, da Nathan! Must say it is harder to spot them with their masks on.

Kevin was in shorts waiting in the shuttle bus area. Looked like a typical Vegas tourist! :biggrin:

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I indicated the presence of Eteri and Dudakov to Arriba, took a sneaky photo of them. Also obtained autographs from Daniel Grassl (in the elevator hallway) and Starr Andrews (near the parking lot by gate B).

I thought a competition bubble would mean that the skaters would be more closely monitored and confined to the Orleans, but I heard a report on Twitter about ice dancers in Caesar's Palace... I am both elated and disappointed at the fact that the skaters are indeed accessable at this time...

auser

Record Breaker
Just said Good Morning to Stephane Lambiel as he walked by carrying a tray with some morning coffees!!! :points:

Was standing next to Eteri and Dudakov and didn't even realize it. Saw Ashley and Timothy and Alexa snd Brandon.
Admire your composure Arriba627... I might have melted.:laugh: Did he look as dapper as usual and did he reply?:love:
Sounds like a fun comp so far. So happy for you! :)

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Admire your composure Arriba627... I might have melted.:laugh: Did he look as dapper as usual and did he reply?:love:
Sounds like a fun comp so far. So happy for you! :)
For as dapper as one can look with a mask, he looked dapper! :laugh2:Yes, he said Good Morning back...Everyone is really masked up here. I walked to a nearby gas station to get some snacks and drinks, and the sign said NO MASK, NO SERVICE. That's good though.

Back to Stephane, he was so funny at practice today. When Shoma was skating and he was at the boards, I'm not sure who was doing the skating -- Shoma or Stephane. He couldn't stand still and was moving all over, especially during the step sequence.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I indicated the presence of Eteri and Dudakov to Arriba, took a sneaky photo of them. Also obtained autographs from Daniel Grassl (in the elevator hallway) and Starr Andrews (near the parking lot by gate B).

I thought a competition bubble would mean that the skaters would be more closely monitored and confined to the Orleans, but I heard a report on Twitter about ice dancers in Caesar's Palace... I am both elated and disappointed at the fact that the skaters are indeed accessable at this time...
The competition bubble was last year (as far as I know) and they were VERY closely monitored last year. Starr is such a lovely young lady with such a beautiful smile. Iā€™ve not had the pleasure of meeting Daniel Grassi.