Eve & Logan
Riverdance
From On Ice Perspectives..

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Back from a 4,000 mile road trip. Saw Clare Seo today on the web live at the Cup of Colorado and Watched Gracie, etc.
I just watched this: Pate and Bye doing Riverdance.

2022 Lake Placid Ice Dance International​

Cant wait to see it live at Nats.
It would be hard to beat Jason Brown's rendition. I did enjoy Rika Hongo's because I enjoyed Rika Hongo, I guess.
There are certain constraints in ice dance comps but I wonder for a gala performance, if any couple could really pull it off to the level of Jason Brown?
I dont skate so I cant appreciate how hard it would be but maybe Davis and White could have pulled off this high energy piece.
I find Pate and Bye very charming, bursting with youthful energy. Riverdance seems like a very good fit for them and I like what I see se far in this clip. I have been rooting for this smart, attractive and fun couple for some time now.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

rugbyfan

On the Ice
wow. I genuinely hadn't realised quite how many Riverdances there were. For me there is only one - Bourne and Kraatz. I guess Jason was a good second but other than that I have forgotten most of these others. Interesting.

Azikin

Medalist
There was a Russian pair on junior test skates yesterday skating on Riverdance... not at their best yet, rather slow but technically good, we'll see what will become of it during the season...

lady_bee

Medalist
I happened to open this thread today on the way to go the show, Friends on Ice, produced by Shizuka Arakawa.
What a coincidence, Jason and Shae-Lynn skated the Riverdance together as one of collaboration programs.
The show is going to be aired next month, I hope someone upload the performance on YouTube.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I happened to open this thread today on the way to go the show, Friends on Ice, produced by Shizuka Arakawa.
What a coincidence, Jason and Shae-Lynn skated the Riverdance together as one of collaboration programs.
The show is going to be aired next month, I hope someone upload the performance on YouTube.

Hope that you have a great time at the show @lady_bee. Maybe you can give us a report?

Here is a clip of the skate, which is an inspired pairing. Think that Bourne/Kraatz was the best Riverdance? Think that Jason Brown was the best Riverdance?

Friends on Ice has you covered. :biggrin:

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Back from a 4,000 mile road trip. Saw Clare Seo today on the web live at the Cup of Colorado and Watched Gracie, etc.
I just watched this: Pate and Bye doing Riverdance.

2022 Lake Placid Ice Dance International​

Cant wait to see it live at Nats.
It would be hard to beat Jason Brown's rendition. I did enjoy Rika Hongo's because I enjoyed Rika Hongo, I guess.
There are certain constraints in ice dance comps but I wonder for a gala performance, if any couple could really pull it off to the level of Jason Brown?
I dont skate so I cant appreciate how hard it would be but maybe Davis and White could have pulled off this high energy piece.
I myself am an Irish Step Dancer and have been a huge Figure Skating fan for years. And so when my family and i saw that Eva Pate and Logan Bye were skating to Riverdance, we decided we had to go to Lake Placid and watch them. It's a really good and fun program, and I am sure as the season goes on and they develop it and gain more energy, it's going to luck really awesome!

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany

Hope you had a great time at the show! Friends on Ice was actually broadcasted live today. 🥰

Here's Jason's and Shae-Lynn's collab (it reminded me of Shae-Lynn's and Takeshi Honda's Riverdance collab at FOI about ten years ago (ETA: Sorry, I misremembered - it was actually Akiko Suzuki & Takeshi Honda :oops:):

Last edited:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jason and Shae-Lynn❤️ Both of their unique Riverdances represented here.

I never thought I would see Jason reprise his Riverdance moves in another program. From the opening notes, where he replicated the opening to his own Riverdance, to his own “Jason” moves of spirals and Ina Bauers and the final spin.

And ShaeLynn doing the Jason move of turning to the audience and then pointing at Jason while he incorporated some of the step sequence from his Riverdance.

And ShaeLynn with her own Irish step sequence. And later Jason trying to keep up. :)

so so so good. :clap:

Weathergal

Medalist
Hope you had a great time at the show! Friends on Ice was actually broadcasted live today. 🥰

Here's Jason's and Shae-Lynn's collab (it reminded me of Shae-Lynn's and Takeshi Honda's Riverdance collab at FOI about ten years ago (ETA: Sorry, I misremembered - it was actually Akiko Suzuki & Takeshi Honda :oops:):

:thank: Thanks so much for posting this!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
As an Irish dancer I would not recommend anyone try to do authentic steps on ice. I still enjoy river dance programs though!
That's because Irish dancing is extremely vertical and skating is extremely horizontal. The reason to me that B/K and Jason have, BY FAR, the two most iconic RD programs is they both found ways to integrate the two while keeping the integrity of both. Not an easy thing and my hat is off to both of them...and especially their respective choreographers!

sadya

On the Ice
Country
Netherlands
Daniel Weiss and ensemble 1997 Lord of the Dance

Eltsova & Bushkov - 1998 Nagano Olympics - FS​