- Jan 12, 2018
Nice interview... That margin of 43 points is kind of mindblowing, if you ask me..(Google translation of: https://sport24.ru/news/figureskati...u-o-tutberidze-zagitovoy-i-kubke-rossii-video)
Sport24's interview with the young star Sofia Akatieva
13-year-old figure skater from the Eteri Tutberidze group, Sofya Akatyeva, with a margin of 43 points, won the junior tournament at the first stage of the Russian Cup in Syzran.
After the awarding, Sport24 correspondent Konstantin Lesik talked with the skater about the results of the tournament, elements of ultra-si and the first meeting with Tutberidze.
“I am very glad that I managed to skate the program cleanly. But there were mistakes in the second half - due to the fact that in the last week of preparation I was more focused on quads. Because of this, errors appeared.
Of course, it's a shame that I didn't manage to make two ultra-si elements cleanly, but I will work to show my maximum at the next competitions, ”Sofia began.
- Sergey Viktorovich and Daniil Markovich have already said why the quadruple turned out to be imperfect? - Yes, of course, after the skate we analyze the performance with the coaches, they tell me mistakes. Today they said that I missed my feet a little, that is, I did not break away from the ice at the best moment. We will work on this in training, develop this link so that it becomes more jumpy and stable.
- Have you thought that you could become the first Russian figure skater to do both a quadruple and a triple axel in one program?
- I haven't thought about it yet. I am focused on rolling the program cleanly. And do what I'm working on in training.
- How did you spend two weeks from the Moscow championship to the Russian Cup?
- During this time, we decided to rearrange two elements in places: instead of a quadruple sheepskin coat, my first was a triple axel. I began to train this bunch, to roll the program to the music. And all the other elements that I jumped in the previous competitions, I performed here.
- Can you tell us how you came to figure skating? - At the age of three I saw the Olympics in Vancouver. I was shown how athletes skate ... I liked it very much! Then I asked my mother to buy skates. And then Santa Claus gave them to me (smiles and looks at my mother, who is sitting with us in the room).
My first coaches were Oksana Mikhailovna Bulycheva and Yulia Aleksandrovna Krasinskaya. After them, we decided to go to Eteri Georgievna. It happened in early 2017 when I was 9 years old.
- How was the selection for the group?
- We came to view. The viewing consisted of the fact that I went to training. Eteri Georgievna corrected mistakes and watched me train. Two weeks later, I was informed that I was taken to the group. I don't really remember the moment when they told me that I was staying.
- You were sure that everything would turn out well?
- No, I was not sure that they would take me. I just tried really hard in training. Eteri Georgievna corrected a lot of things for me, so I assumed that they would take me and very much hoped for it. And then she was already delighted.
- Did the new coach succeed in these two weeks?
- Yes! Jumped double axel + triple toe loop, as well as triple rittberger. Eteri Georgievna corrected a mistake that I did not understand. I also had many attempts, so I gradually began to get out. Eteri Georgievna plays technique well.
- And with whom of the coaches do you work more now?
- With everyone! Eteri Georgievna, Daniil Markovich and Sergey Viktorovich are all together at the training session. We have one team that works with the whole group. Of the skaters of the senior group, 8-9 people skate on the ice at the same time. There is enough space and attention for everyone.
- Do you ask more experienced colleagues for advice?
- Yes! Once I didn’t get the cascades with rittberger and Alina Zagitova corrected my mistake. I remember that very well.
- Did you ask her for advice or did she come up to you?
- Alina saw me fall many times and came up to me. Gave advice on how best to make a turntable (note: spin?). For me, Zagitova is an example in everything. Her hard work is endless.
- Do you remember your first impressions of meeting adult stars, when you first came to training in 1917? With Alina, Zhenya Medvedeva? - I was very surprised how they train. This is a much higher level than I have seen before. I was surprised how they work, how many attempts they make, how many rentals. I really liked how they do it, I began to take an example from them, and I began to succeed more.