Souvenir Georges-Éthier 2022 SEPT 22-25 2022 | Golden Skate

Souvenir Georges-Éthier 2022 SEPT 22-25 2022

Sackie

Medalist
Since we are starting a new cycle it would be nice to see some young ladies step it up and in these SR events. We really need a few who can challenge Maddy. I like Maddy but I really think without any one in CAN to challenge her she will not progress as far as she could. I mean at Nationals last year she was so far ahead after the short that she did not need to skate her best in the Free - and she didn't. Our best years have always been when there were several ladies in the hunt for the medals. Just look at what the rivalry between Katelyn, Gabby and Alaine accomplished for CAN ladies.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Since we are starting a new cycle it would be nice to see some young ladies step it up and in these SR events. We really need a few who can challenge Maddy. I like Maddy but I really think without any one in CAN to challenge her she will not progress as far as she could. I mean at Nationals last year she was so far ahead after the short that she did not need to skate her best in the Free - and she didn't. Our best years have always been when there were several ladies in the hunt for the medals. Just look at what the rivalry between Katelyn, Gabby and Alaine accomplished for CAN ladies.
it will come soon enough... most of the talent is coming from the junior ranks...several young women are doing 3-3 in the SP... which wasn't the case for a while except for the 3 you have mentioned. Even Joannie rarely performed a 3-3. But now, if you look at protocols from the different summer events, many tried it... some more successfully than others. One of the French speaking analyst said that it will take about 10 years for Canadian women to start catching up... he said that prior to the 2022 games... maybe we can check in in 10 years ;)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
oh boy... completely forgot this was happening this week...

still some skating happening.. of course, archives available...

but no Proft-Nadeau....

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Justine Miclette was impressive scoring over 160 here to win the senior ladies event.
However, there are some girls coming up the Junior ranks. Two scoring over 150 and a novice girl over 140. The scores are getting higher every year.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Justine Miclette was impressive scoring over 160 here to win the senior ladies event.
However, there are some girls coming up the Junior ranks. Two scoring over 150 and a novice girl over 140. The scores are getting higher every year.
Justine is skating on the JGP... Internationally, she is a junior.. I don't remember but I think she skated as a junior also at CQE. Here, she skated as a senior, perhaps even for the first time.

ETA : I just double checked : Justine did skate as a junior this summer at CQE

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Again, regarding Justine, she will score higher... not only she had two falls here but her combos didn't work out for her as she was not able to do to her 3-3- and then zayaked with a third 2t.

Sackie

Medalist
Just went in and checked out the protocols and it is nice to see the JR ladies going for the big jumps. And you can even tell where they probable planned to add a triple to a combo. So CAN needs to start sending out as many of these young ladies as they can. The top 4 in the SR and the top 2 in the JR all should be getting out to events to get more international exposure.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Just went in and checked out the protocols and it is nice to see the JR ladies going for the big jumps. And you can even tell where they probable planned to add a triple to a combo. So CAN needs to start sending out as many of these young ladies as they can. The top 4 in the SR and the top 2 in the JR all should be getting out to events to get more international exposure.
they had a free host spot at Skate Canada with Allison not competing... and they gave it to Kate Wang (USA)... so that says a lot about what they think of our senior women

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
they had a free host spot at Skate Canada with Allison not competing... and they gave it to Kate Wang (USA)... so that says a lot about what they think of our senior women
Oh no! Really? Why would we give up our spot and to Kate Wang….. we have so many athletes capable of scoring over 160 😡