Sports in the Bubble | Golden Skate

Sports in the Bubble

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So, are you watching any of the pro games now being played in the bubble?

With minimal skating and a serious doubt about an NFL season, watched some hockey. I was quite the Flyers fan back in the day.

Carter Hart:yes:

The rest of the Flyers :disapp:

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Baseball, quarantine edition...with life size cutouts of fans in the stands, an overlay of recorded crowd noise, and remote commentary from sportscasters’ basements.

Though I think MLB missed a golden opportunity to grow its fan base by not scheduling day games. Think of all the unemployed folks and kids stuck at home all day with nothing to do who could have been introduced to the beauties of the sport!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It's not in the bubble and in reality will probably have a longer wait to start than skating, but my relative is an amateur fencer, and she was sent this twitter that actually made her (and me) laugh

https://twitter.com/MensHumor/status/1291706102766338050

I guess we could look at it this way, the skaters may be getting antsy and restless, but at least they don't have swords!!!

charmblade

Final Flight
I’ve been watching the Tour de France. My husband is an amateur cyclist and I’ve half heartedly watched pro races with him over the years but I’m stuck at home unemployed with a baby and starved for entertainment this year so I’ve had it on the tv most mornings. Mostly I’m enjoying the amazing scenery and planning a post-pandemic trip to the South of France.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I watched a couple of Vancouver Canucks games. Unfortunately they lost to the Golden Knights tonight, taking them out of the Stanley Cup run. Oh well they will come back stronger next year, they are a newly formed young team. Hopefully life as we know it will be back to normal then.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Since Philadelphia's teams didn't fare so well in the bubble, I didn't have much left to say:laugh:

Although I do repeat, Carter. Hart. :thumbsup: Everyone else on the Flyers:scowl:

And not in the actual bubble, but the NFL is in fact starting:cheer:

Amei

Record Breaker
PBR - professional bull riding. So I'm not actually all that into it, I mean its kinda exciting to watch, but I really have it on TV because my cat really loves swatting at the bulls/cowboys/dirt on TV which is funny to see. You just have to get used to the wrecks which make you question these guy's sanity that they will get on the back of 2,000 pound animal and get thrown around like a ragdoll.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emgg0NilT_k
*Note all of the guys in that video are alive, there have been instances of riders dying due to injuries sustained.