Stockholm Pairs Preview: China vs Russia | Golden Skate

Stockholm Pairs Preview: China vs Russia

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Review top six contenders

Who else to watch?

Alexa Knierim and Brandon Frazier (USA) have only been skating together since last summer, but they looked strong and struck gold at the ISU Grand Prix Skate America and the U.S. Championships. Italy sends the experienced Nicole Della Monica and Matteo Guarise, who competed at national events. Ashley Cain-Gribble and Timothy LeDuc (USA) also return to Worlds eager to prove that they belong to the top teams in the world.

Missing in Action

2018 Four Continents bronze medalists Tae Ok Rom and Ju Sik Kim (PRK) are not entered for Worlds. There has been no recent information on the status of this team nor the reason for their absence.

Prediction Contest coming soon!

mrrice

Record Breaker
Where are Brandon Alexa seeded? This season has been so strange that I really haven't seen the rest of the pairs.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Where are Brandon Alexa seeded? This season has been so strange that I really haven't seen the rest of the pairs.
They aren't seeded at all, because they formed last summer and haven't done any competitions together that count for World Ranking points.

mrrice

Record Breaker
They aren't seeded at all, because they formed last summer and haven't done any competitions together that count for World Ranking points.
That's what I thought. I haven't seen the Russian Pairs this year. They have a special place in my heart because of Anton S. He was so dreamy.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
This could potentially turn into a Russian sweep, though I'm not sure all three pairs will compete well enough for that. S/H are still frontrunners, without a doubt, but they don't have enough of a cushion to make too many mistakes.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
This aged badly for T/M 😕

M/G certainly stole the show, though, good for them.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I mean...they correctly predicted top 6
True.

I always felt that T/M were at their best when no-one expected anything from them.

It would be an interesting experiment, next season say nothing about them and see if it works 🤔