Country
Austria
Last edited:

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
There was a short report about Olga on Austrian TV this week. You can watch it here (not sure if it is geoblocked outside of Austria though): https://vorarlberg.orf.at/tv/stories/3100448/

Basic translation of what Olga says: If I think of figure skating, I have positive emotions only. I just love it because of the jumps and spins, the air in my face and the sound of my blades on the ice. I started figure skating because my dad plays ice hockey as a hobby and my parents took me to the rink.

Elena Romanova (Olga's coach): I have colleagues in Ukraine and they told me there is a very talented girl but no coaches for her level. I just said as a joke that they should send her to me. Two weeks later her dad called me and they came to Austria.

Olga, twelve years at the time, liked it so much in Austria that she decided to move with her mother, while her father stayed in Ukraine.

Olga: To be honest, at the time I didn't realize what the move to another country meant. I just viewed it as a big adventure. But of course it was not that easy. I didn't speak any German, had to get used to all the new things and study a lot. But now I am very happy, I love Austria and the beautiful landscape and the good quality of living.

[Olga's German is almost perfect now, btw. And you can hear the distinct Austrian dialect as compared to the high German that is spoken in Germany. :biggrin:]

Elena Romanova: I was relatively sure that Olga would skate well [at worlds], but I did not anticipate her excellent result. It was a big surprise for all of us.

Let's hope we will have another such surprise at the Olympics next season! :cheer:

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There was a short report about Olga on Austrian TV this week. You can watch it here (not sure if it is geoblocked outside of Austria though): https://vorarlberg.orf.at/tv/stories/3100448/

Basic translation of what Olga says: If I think of figure skating, I have positive emotions only. I just love it because of the jumps and spins, the air in my face and the sound of my blades on the ice. I started figure skating because my dad plays ice hockey as a hobby and my parents took me to the rink.

Elena Romanova (Olga's coach): I have colleagues in Ukraine and they told me there is a very talented girl but no coaches for her level. I just said as a joke that they should send her to me. Two weeks later her dad called me and they came to Austria.

Olga, twelve years at the time, liked it so much in Austria that she decided to move with her mother, while her father stayed in Ukraine.

Olga: To be honest, at the time I didn't realize what the move to another country meant. I just viewed it as a big adventure. But of course it was not that easy. I didn't speak any German, had to get used to all the new things and study a lot. But now I am very happy, I love Austria and the beautiful landscape and the good quality of living.

[Olga's German is almost perfect now, btw. And you can hear the distinct Austrian dialect as compared to the high German that is spoken in Germany. :biggrin:]

Elena Romanova: I was relatively sure that Olga would skate well [at worlds], but I did not anticipate her excellent result. It was a big surprise for all of us.

Let's hope we will have another such surprise at the Olympics next season! :cheer:
Thanks for sharing! What a story.

Not geoblocked in the USA.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Looks like Viktor Pfeifer is leaving the Skating Club of Wilmington to continue his coaching career in Colorado Springs. Wonder if he will take his skaters Peter Liu and Joseph Kang, who made their US senior nationals debut this season, with him. :unsure:
Good luck to Viktor in his future endeavours!

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Miriam, Severin and their coach, Knut Schubert have been running a pair skating seminar for some up-and-coming skaters.
Here's some photos/videos from Skate Austria's Instagram, including some lovely clips of Severin performing lifts with the girls.
Great to see Z/K helping encourage younger skaters to get involved in pairs, hopefully Austria will have even more pairs teams soon!

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
The assignments to the 2021/22 Austrian National Team have been published:

Elite Ladies: Olga Mikutina, Stefanie Pesendorfer, Lara Roth, Sophia Schaller
Elite Gentlemen: Luc Maierhofer, Maurizio Zandron
Elite Pairs: Miriam Ziegler / Severin Kiefer
Elite Ice Dance: Corinna Huber / Patrik Huber
Yay, finally we have an Elite Ice Dance team again! :party2: Also kudos to Lara for making it back into the National Team: https://www.instagram.com/p/CQfvbIxLqzr/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Junior Ladies: Jasmin Elsebaie, Hannah Frank, Paola Jurisic, Dorotea Leitgeb
Junior Gentlemen: Alexander Charnagalov, Tobia Öllerer, Daniel Ruis
Junior Ice Dance: Elisabeth Havers / Leo Havers

And there is a very promising Junior Ice Dance team as well!

Talder

Spectator
The assignments to the 2021/22 Austrian National Team have been published:

Elite Ladies: Olga Mikutina, Stefanie Pesendorfer, Lara Roth, Sophia Schaller
Elite Gentlemen: Luc Maierhofer, Maurizio Zandron
Elite Pairs: Miriam Ziegler / Severin Kiefer
Elite Ice Dance: Corinna Huber / Patrik Huber
Yay, finally we have an Elite Ice Dance team again! :party2: Also kudos to Lara for making it back into the National Team: https://www.instagram.com/p/CQfvbIxLqzr/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Junior Ladies: Jasmin Elsebaie, Hannah Frank, Paola Jurisic, Dorotea Leitgeb
Junior Gentlemen: Alexander Charnagalov, Tobia Öllerer, Daniel Ruis
Junior Ice Dance: Elisabeth Havers / Leo Havers

And there is a very promising Junior Ice Dance team as well!

Looking forward to watching this team!! 👏
Hope Livio and Chloe can get out this season and compete. https://instagram.com/stories/livio...urce=ig_story_item_share&utm_medium=copy_link

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Skate Austria presented part of their JGP team for this season:

In order of the pictures: Dorotea Leitgeb (singles), Paola Jurisic (singles), Jasmin Elsebaie (singles), Alexander Charnagalov (singles), Patrik & Corinna Huber (ice dance)

Last edited:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I followed them during Lindsey’s JGP comps last year and she has grown so much over the last year.. she also won the US Junior Gold Medal at the 2020 Toyota US Figure Skating Championships in Greensboro North Carolina January 23, 2020… full credit goes to her coach and mentor Julia Lautowa! I wish them the very best this season!!

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I don't really follow North American ladies' skating, but it's come to my attention that US phenom and Olympic hopeful Alysa Liu is apparently now training in Colorado with Viktor Pfeifer (9x Austrian Champion, 3x Olympian) as one of her coaches. A fruitful collaboration crowned by many medals to both of them! :cheer: 🏆

Btw, here is Viktor two weeks ago at the Austrian ISU Challenger with Audrey Shin: