Thanks Skate Canada | Golden Skate

Thanks Skate Canada

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I just have to give a shout out to Skate Canada for doing such a great job of covering the 2022 Canadian FS championships under such trying times again. It was a close call to being cancelled once more due to COVID restrictions in Ontario. Although once more, the skaters had to skate without an audience, I thought they each did an outstanding job. Thanks again to the skating officials and volunteers who pulled off another great Canadians.

mrrice

Record Breaker
:ot:........This is REALLY off topic but, you all know how much I love Tennis. I'm watching Félix Auger-Aliassime and he looks great on the Grass. It makes me wonder what happened to Milos Raonic and Wimbledon Doubles Champion, Vasek Pospisil. Milos was a lot like Genie, he burst on the scene with that HUGE serve and now I never really hear about him. I also hear a lot about Denis Shapovalov but, I sure do miss Milos.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
:ot:........This is REALLY off topic but, you all know how much I love Tennis. I'm watching Félix Auger-Aliassime and he looks great on the Grass. It makes me wonder what happen Milos Raonic and Wimbledon Doubles Champion, Vasek Pospisil. Milos was a lot like Genie, he burst on the scene with that HUGE serve and now I never really hear about him. I also hear a lot about Denis Shapovalov but, I sure do miss Milos.
will reply quickly to your off-topic...
Milos is injured. He got married. I am not so sure at this point that he will return. Milos cannot be compared to Genie. He was always super competitive but his body kept failing him.
Genie had one great season, achieving more than most will ever dream of achieving. She then had so many things to handle at such a young age and faltered. I think her mental preparation was not optimal and she lost her confidence. Her attacking game requires extreme confidence in her ability. She is recovering now from a shoulder surgery and hitting balls again. Will she return? I hope so.
Vasek is also recovering from injury. He has started hitting balls again. I would believe he plans on returning. He seems quite fit but is just not quite ready to serve and hit the ball fully.

My fave is Félix <3 Denis is exciting to watch but he is a hit and miss kind of player... Capable of the best and the worst. Bibi is back on the courts. Leylah Fernandez had a great run in RG until she had a stress fracture in her foot. She has pulled out from the entire grass season. :(

There are some up and coming juniors as well from Canada. Here is Victoria Mboko. Sorry I had put a link there but realised it is a fundraiser for tennis canada... so I removed it.

Regarding Skate Canada : glad to see that this year may not be impacted as much as the last 2... it has been very tough on our skaters

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
will reply quickly to your off-topic...
Milos is injured. He got married. I am not so sure at this point that he will return. Milos cannot be compared to Genie. He was always super competitive but his body kept failing him.
Genie had one great season, achieving more than most will ever dream of achieving. She then had so many things to handle at such a young age and faltered. I think her mental preparation was not optimal and she lost her confidence. Her attacking game requires extreme confidence in her ability. She is recovering now from a shoulder surgery and hitting balls again. Will she return? I hope so.
Vasek is also recovering from injury. He has started hitting balls again. I would believe he plans on returning. He seems quite fit but is just not quite ready to serve and hit the ball fully.

My fave is Félix <3 Denis is exciting to watch but he is a hit and miss kind of player... Capable of the best and the worst. Bibi is back on the courts. Leylah Fernandez had a great run in RG until she had a stress fracture in her foot. She has pulled out from the entire grass season. :(

There are some up and coming juniors as well from Canada. Here is Victoira Mboko. Sorry I had put a link there but realised it is a fundraiser for tennis canada... so I removed it.

Regarding Skate Canada : glad to see that this year may not be impacted as much as the last 2... it has been very tough on our skaters
BTW @mrrice Genie will be at Wimbledon...
Will she be in the broadcast booth, or as a player. I'll be happy to see her either way.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
This is amazing. I will be glued to her matches. Thank you.
hopefully there is more than one ;) i think that will be her first tournament in over 15 months

UPDATE https://ici.radio-canada.ca/sports/1891998/eugenie-bouchard-wimbledon-invitation-refus

@mrrice
Genie is no longer going because she was planning to use her special exemption (protected ranking coming back from injury)... but since Wimbledon no longer gives out points because the Russians are not allowed in there, then... Genie will use her special exemptions elsewhere (US OPEN, AUS Open)

Last edited: