The Rule of Three—New Game | Page 26 | Golden Skate

The Rule of Three—New Game

Seven Sisters

Medalist
3. Enjoying a comeback (had a beautiful FP at Nationals this year, won a medal and was named to the Worlds team, after having had a long absence from competition)

Next, someone else who experienced peaks and valleys—

Jeremy Abbott

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
3. Loved her 1992 "Rain" exhibition! (She won my ♥️ forever @ the 1988 Winter Olympics - still my all time favorite female figure skater)

Evan Lysacek

Seven Sisters

Medalist
1. That black feathered costume, with slicked back hair and his distinctive facial features—his team was presumably going for “fierce,” but I thought he looked like a vulture :)

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
3. used to represent the Skating Club of New York

Jean Luc Baker

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Jimmy Ma
3. represents the Skating Club of New York ...

Please forgive my interruption.
Not trying to ruin the fun of the game, but as a friendly FYI for future reference:

Jimmy Ma no longer represents SCNY (to my regret).
As seen on his USFS bio and elsewhere, he now represents Skating Club of Boston.

(I know that Jimmy previously had been an example that moving to a new geographic location would not inherently mean a change of club. When he previously had made Texas his training base, he remained with SCNY.
But after moving to Boston with Ganicheva/Letov, Jimmy evidently did make a change. I felt his absence from SCNY's recognitions of its members who competed at 2020 Skate America and at 2021 Nats.)​

ETA:
Please don't get me wrong: I am happy for Jimmy that SCOB seems very supportive of its members. In hindsight, I should have explained that my "regret" is merely selfish :wink: that he no longer is with SCNY -- probably reducing the chances that he will skate in its shows and competitions (which are convenient for me to attend).​

Last edited: